Author Topic: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack  (Read 69281 times)

skimmer

Re: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 04:42:28 am »
Never mind I read the -read me , file and yes thats the one. ;D

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 04:50:00 am »
... it doesn't work right.  At engine shutdown, the sounds continue (from cockpit).

This is not my fault, this is an FSX issue, well explained here http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6023
When working on sounds I experience this trouble from time to time. The cure is simple - pressing twice Q key... That's it )))
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 08:04:06 am »
The sounds are absolutely amazing. This a great "must have" add on for the hornet. Thank you very much, sir.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 08:12:34 am »
Have fun! ))

zed

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 01:29:54 pm »
Sounds are great! thank you... ;D

Can anybody give some sound settings suggestions to get the most out of sound packages like this?

skimmer

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 09:51:02 pm »
Just my two cents,These sounds are so much better than the fsx default and that includes all the moving parts,like canopy and all.  ;D ;D

Orion

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 08:10:07 pm »
I wonder where Adam is with his puns... :P

Anyways, good job ;D!

sun444

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 09:46:12 pm »
Just installed the sound pack ... it's great ... it is a must have.
Thanks for sharing.
Regards
sun444

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 06:15:49 pm »
Well, guys
You do know that the Accel Hornet's approach lights assembly (the thing attached to the nose gear strut) doesn't work. But those at Dino's aircrafts do. That's why I decided to make it work. Couple of sleepless nights, some xml tweaking and here you go  ;D

The thing works perfectly but for the sake of authenticity I'd like to ask some questions to you, hardcore NATOPS gurus (my points of view given in italic):

1. Do this device and the landing light work simultaneously IRL? What use of approach lights when the LSO is almost blidened by the landing light?
2. Is this device triggered when the tailhook is extended/retracted? What use of approach light when landing ashore, without the hook?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »
FSXNP...

Seriously, you got working AoA lights (green/amber/red) on the nosegear?!  Figures, just before we are supposed to get the SuperBug.  Still, great work!

My answers to your questions:
1. No, not simultaneously.  Id say for carrier landings/FCLPs, pilot simply doesnt select "landing light".
2. Dont know for sure.  Guessing it activates on landing gear lowering.  Ties into above answer in that its always active.  However, at civilian/airforce/non-FCLP field landing, the landing light is activated.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 07:09:20 pm »
Sure, no kidding  ;D
Here's a quick and raw video to see how ALA works. It's a bit laggy, just because of slow update rate (0.5 sec). Will see what numbers are good.

Ok, I'll leave this device as it is right now - starts working once in the air and the gears locked. Landing light is at the pilot's discretion. Perhaps I'll have to make some correction into landing lights gauge to not to activate it automatically?.. What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 07:17:32 pm by fsxnavypilot »

GOONIE

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »
Awesome tweak FSXNAVYPILOT! Hope it works in MP, it could be useful for the LSO to monitor aircraft speed. I guess everyone would need to install the xml file for it to work in MP?

Where do we get our hands on the updated xml file?

Thanks again!
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:52 pm »
fsxnavypilot, great work! Here is the Hornet NATOPS advice about the system. The landing light would blind not only the LSO but anyone on deck or in nearby ships. Night ops are done with minimal lighting and red lighting where possible to preserve night vision. White light (especially if bright) destroys night vision; which then will take around ten minutes to get back to dark adapted again. OR you have to eat lots of carrots!  ;D  Smoking not good for night vision either.

IF you feel inclined to make a 'hook bypass switch' for FCLP (rather than have the hook down to see the AoA Indexer ashore) then that would be perfect. TIA. Thanks for the approach light work.

Can't say anything about actual Hornet OPs however for example as I recall the Skyhawk had a very bright landing light that was not useful at all because it was SO BRIGHT!. I would have switched it on under instruction to see what a problem it could be and perhaps used it once on request of the flight line personnel ashore who all were immediately blinded by the light but then again they were looking for something small. In effect the landing light was never used. Perhaps it was also demonstrated for one landing but as it destroyed night vision it was only probably useful in the dawn/dusk twilight perhaps. And then only used for a full stop landing rollout/taxi.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:15:13 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Razgriz

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:27 pm »
I don't have any facts to back it up but I believe it activates on 'Landing configuration' which is full flaps, and gear.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 11:17:39 pm »
Spaz...

Good NATOPS pull on the landing lights, can use that to make a workable FSX Hornet usage.

FSXNP...

I would say just stay with gear down and 1' AGL or higher as the activation cue, as there is no functioning Carrier/Hook ByPass switch on the FSX Hornet.  I think Spaz's switch idea could work, just dont know how easy that would be to do in FSX?  As opposed to just a simple workaround without have to fight with additional coding.  If you can do a Carrier/Hook ByPass switch, then fire away.

And can you make it shut off at touchdown?  To simulate WonW deactivation.  Id guess youd just have to do a "radar height is 1' or less" as a shutoff condition in the .xml?  Or whatever would be easiest for an .xml to interpret/activate.

What effect does it have with the "llights.xml" gauge?  Is that the same one for the landing lights fix you sent out?

Later
Sludge