Author Topic: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack  (Read 69027 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2010, 10:25:34 am »
fsxnp, Please if you can modify the AoA indexer - only have it flash when aircraft dirty but no hook. I have flown old MSFsim aircraft in the past that had the indexer flashing all the time - no matter what - and working in reverse. That drove me mental. ;D  Great work if you can have a 'hook bypass' switch or whatever required. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:27:09 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:17 pm »
Ok, here it is. Couple of new buttons, more closer to NATOPS (I hope)...
To get best view of these gauges make sure you've set correct values of window_size in your panel.cfg. There are two samples of my LCD resolutions I used to fly with. If yours are different, you can easily count the numbers yourself:

window_size = window width / screen width, window height / screen height

so, my numbers for the BlackBox gauge window (size_mm = 298, 246) are 0.155, 0.228 for my screen 1920x1080...

Have fun!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 06:55:23 pm by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2010, 06:45:22 pm »
Spaz,
Please, could you check your copy of the Hornet NATOPS and see if its GPWS settings match the Superhornet's? I'm modifying my sound gauge and have nothing but the Superhornet NATOPS. So I'm not quite sure if these numbers will do...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:47:40 pm by fsxnavypilot »

SpazSinbad

• A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2010, 09:39:54 pm »
fsxnp, I cannot say anything about the systems in either Hornet or Super Hornet; unless whatever is stated in the NATOPS of both. I can generalise about carrier landings and jet flying but NOT having flown either aircraft, NOR used the systems, I can only guess how they work; and IF they are modelled correctly in FSX Accel I have NO IDEA. ;D  So in lieu of my lack of understanding - to answer your question - attached are some relevant pages from the Hornet A/D NATOPS for GPWS system in 'zipped PDF' format.

It seems to me that the system (is a subsystem of GPWS?) is called ALDR (Altitude Loss During Recovery) in the Hornet so those relevant NATOPS pages are added also. Frankly (and don't call me Shirley)  ;D  I'm less interested in these details when carrier landing - that is all I do (along with FCLP) in the Hornet (soon to be 'SLUDGE'!). Does not mean that what you are doing is not important fsxnp - just that I don't look at or use these systems in FSX - and/or/even know what it all means (I like a simple life). One of the relevant Hornet NATOPS pages is added for quick reference also.

By all means ask for relevant NATOPS pages and I'm happy to make a graphic or provide a PDF page or two. Earlier I had looked for a 'gauge' but did not see/or understand one in the Hornet NATOPS - once again my lack of understanding of systems in either the Hornet/Super Hornet etc.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:41:59 pm by SpazSinbad »

SpazSinbad

« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2010, 05:03:05 am »
fsxnp, just a thought. If you require equivalent PDF pages from the Legacy Hornet then post a screengrab of equivalent Super Hornet NATOPS page and I'll post it as seen for the GPWS. That makes it easy to find for me etc.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2010, 06:19:36 pm »
Spaz, thank you very much. Your excerpts are exactly what I wanted.

GOONIE

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2010, 05:25:41 pm »
FSXNavypilot,

Bravo Zulu on the new AOA gauge and bypass function!  ;D

Thanks much!
Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

ColdKiller1850

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:10 am »
How did you get the lower sitting gear thing because i donwloaded the Update on the F/A-18 Hornet and I dont have lover sitting gear. What do I have to do?

Thanks

Holden Smith

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:11 pm »
ColdKiller...

You can download the Sludge Hornet v1.1 from my sig link, and it has the lower (correct) sitting profile.  Look at the carrier landing video threads (page 6) and on my post the vid that starts out at .4 NM from landing (2nd video), watch to the end and youll see me switch views to an external right to left wing chase view, and that'll show you the Sludge Hornet's profile.  Should be what youre looking for?

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:32:12 pm by Sludge »

slipstream

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2010, 12:26:42 pm »
Is this sound pack produced by By Serge Luzin?

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »
Slip...

Thats affirm, I collaborated with Serge on including his Sound Pack into the Sludge Hornet.  Along with several other of FSXNP Inc. gauges (ie, UFC "Blackbox/Betty", IFLOLS, ALA) that are included in that v1.1 release.

Later
Sludge

slipstream

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »
Ah, good news indeed, as that's the one I found hidden within the depths of avsim's library.

Panda Dude

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2010, 10:59:53 am »
 Where do i download? btw nice soundpack

Orion

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2010, 12:16:21 am »
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:18:49 am by Orion »

thunderbird

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2011, 11:09:06 am »
can this sound pack used for VRS pack ?