Author Topic: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack  (Read 69013 times)

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
Re: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 11:00:02 pm »
FNP, good work. Looks like the Super Hornet NATOPS diagrams have 'gone to somewhere else' so I'll post a compilation of HORNET NATOPS landing speed graphs and with the Goshawk AoA/External Approach light graphic to have an all in one reference.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2010, 01:08:47 pm »
Spaz, browsing the Super Hornet NATOPS I've found some good info to use in my Betty gauge. I guess the legacy Hornet use the same numbers for its GPWS.
Currently my gauge provides a single Altitude warning as per 2.18.5.3 (though no matter barometric or radar). Well, there are still two things to do: 1) create a gauge to set both 2) BARO and RADAR altitudes. I think a separate touchpad-like gauge will do, as we don't have any GPWS settings on the Accel Hornet MFD's. That's it....  ;)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:40:13 pm by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 09:07:28 pm »
fsnp, being 'old-fashioned' I fly with NO SOUND! but your ideas seem to be excellent.  ;D  I like the 'sound of silence' - no distractions.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:21:36 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 06:21:11 pm »
The gauge is ready. I used Superhornet's UFCD concept to implement for it is pretty informative and simple to code. Currently this gauge controls two GPWS settings - barometric and radar altitude warning, as well as auto landing light switch. There are still two empty slots for something useful, I guess...

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 07:04:11 pm »
FSXNP...

Since Im grounded for the time from playing with the SuperBug (technical difficulties), Im back to flying the Sludge Hornet.  So consider me in active test pilot status again.  I got your gauges and will install them tonite, and give you some good feedback.  Does the one you sent to me, have the correct ALA behavior (no two light combos)?  Ill have to get rid of some of the stuff on the Sludge Hornet, as its almost maxed on gauges.  But will remove some to test yours.

And if this goes well, and you feel up to doing another "project", is there a way you can make a Electronic Fuel Display gauge (C/D Hornet) and have that selectable from your UFC Touchpad?  I would build it 1/2 the size of the GPS panel comes up in the Sludge Hornet.  The reason I ask this is the A-model FSX default analog fuel panel just sucks for reading, especially for carrier landings (ball calls w/proper fuel).  Would be cool to have a gauge that looked like the EFD on the C/D models.  Ill include a picture.  It shows the same readings (n2, EGT, Fuel Flow, nozzle position for Left/Right engines w/Totalizer, Bingo, and Time on the right side but in digital readouts).  Also, if JR gives you the OK, I would suggest installing his refueling panel as a selectable Touchpad option.

Just throwing ideas out there and see what sticks.  Really great work, BTW!!  Too bad we (JR, Orion, me, you) didnt get this started much earlier in the game in '08.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:17:56 pm by Sludge »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 09:45:49 pm »
Good grief Sludge what cockpit is that? the graphics are horrible!!.... looks completely unrealistic!!!  ;D
Where you been amigo you have been very quiet over the last couple of days ...hope they sort out your throttle difficulties soon
Im guessing that is what is keeping you out of the VRS cockpit.
Looking forward to bit of formation flying with ya when your superbug gets debugged

Sonofabeech out

In an F18 hornet always try to keep the pointy bit going forward :o
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 11:05:39 pm »
Sonova...

Yeah, been off the FSDT boards cause Ive been trying to get the VRS going, been on those boards alot.  Lots of people, lots of problems.  Oh well.

Figured I might as well get back into the Sludge Hornet til they get their collective crap together and get the Bug fixed.  I can still do flight testing for the Sludge, and can even offer a few tips or ideas here and there.

Damn those mock-up pictures anyway.  I could send pics of me getting several "fox-2 close" kills on Raz, but he might not think thats too funny?!  Haha... How I love to torment back, since he is in the VRS, laughing at me now.

Anyway, yeah once they get their crap straight, cant wait to fly with you in the Bug.  Hows the TrackIR, the new x52, and the new hispeed Internet treatin ya? 

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 06:15:38 am »
Sludge,
...Does the one you sent to me, have the correct ALA behavior (no two light combos)?

Yes, it does.

...is there a way you can make a Electronic Fuel Display gauge (C/D Hornet) and have that selectable from your UFC Touchpad?  ...  Also, if JR gives you the OK, I would suggest installing his refueling panel as a selectable Touchpad option.

Good ideas. I have no Hornet EFD pictures, just Superbug's, but I guess as soon as the touchpad concept is 'taken' from the F/E models then the F/E EFD will visually match it too (see the image) ;) But if there are some good pix of the C/D EFDs I'd like to take a look at those.
As for the JR's refuelling gauge. If JR gives his OK, making the gauge a selectable touchpad option would mean it's complete visual reworking. Additionally, I have no refuelling experience yet and have no idea how JR's gauge works. Is it possible to arrange a refuel session offline?

You can see that BINGO reading on the EFD. Unfortunately there's no way to get/set bingo via xml code, it's part of the Hornet model.  :(
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:00:44 am by fsxnavypilot »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:08 pm »
FSXNP...

See if Spaz has some good C/D EFD pics outta the C/D NATOPS.  That would work just fine.  Plus, I think the in-game Bingo will work just fine.  Simply have it read 2.0 on the display (Sludge Hornet aircraft.cfg bingo warning @ 2.0k), and that would work just fine within FSX for what people do within Sludge Hornet Ops.

Yeah, will have to wait til this weekend to get together for a multi flight, as Im still quite busy.  But definately interested in helping out and providing good feedback.

That reminds me.  Went and flew the Sludge last nite w/your gauges.  The ALA lights are good, they showup well, and look good.  Will have to look at them thru the tower view and see when the lights are visible and how clear they are.  Didnt get any Betty warnings tho, so Ill have to fly some more tonite, if able and will report back my findings.

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 11:49:58 am »
Well, I think the only number you want to know during carrier ops is your current fuel state. So why not to put this figure on the UFCD?
No EGT, no nozzle pct, none of that... Just current fuel state.  ;)

Paco

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2010, 02:25:10 pm »
Sonova...

Yeah, been off the FSDT boards cause Ive been trying to get the VRS going, been on those boards alot.  Lots of people, lots of problems.  Oh well.......

...Anyway, yeah once they get their crap straight, cant wait to fly with you in the Bug.  Hows the TrackIR, the new x52, and the new hispeed Internet treatin ya? 

Later
Sludge

Got that right!!!!!   Very disappointed.

Paco

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »
FSXNP...

OK, you are still churning away with good ideas.  That gauge would work perfectly.  Id be more than happy with that on the readout.  Taxes done, and bad weekend weather prediction (little/no golf), so Ill be on full time flight status with both the Sludge and the Bug.  Would really like to see that fuel readout in the Sludge and see how workable and readable it is.  Would be far better to have that gauge up on landing for fuel state, ball call, than having to be zoomed in to read the MFD fuel page.  Im assuming your TouchPad gauge is resizeable like all the other gauges?

Paco...

Actually, if you worked with them, they (Varmint and Adiemus) have been great about supporting the Bug.  Granted, they made mistakes (setting themselves up for a buggy launch, so be it), and FSX is a compatibility nightmare (as the ACES team and Virtuali can probly attest).  However, they were good w/getting back to me quicky via InstantMessenger, so Im up and flying with full controls.  Ill still be on here to help test fly the Sludge w/new gauges like the one above, because some days I prefer easier (less systems) flying, but the Bug is now my main bird.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:12:17 pm by Sludge »

Paco

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:06 pm »
Sludge,

Good news for you.  I still have jack.  And at the current rate, I won't have a flying bird for a while.   I won't be on my machine for another week at best and looking at my schedule I'm on the road for most of May.  I'll be looking for a refund soon.  Too bad, since I was huge advocate for FS9 Superbug.   
    Have fun flying.
/r,
Paco

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »
FSXNP...

What's the full functionality of the Auto L. Lights button on your Touchpad?  Is it similar to the gauge you gave me earlier that shuts off the landing light upon gear up?  Is that now a selectable option w/the Touchpad?  Actually, can you list the functions and how to's of all the Touchpad functions, please.

Thanks
Sludge

wilycoyote4

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2010, 08:40:24 am »
very interesting thread, looking forward to the gauge.  have little time for FSX on the pc but I do like the default F/A-18C.

Thanks to all for posting.