Author Topic: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack  (Read 69035 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:23:32 am »

This is my latest WIP update. Well, sounds not bad, but still not as perfect as I want it.  :) Some sounds and effects need to be overhauled. Hopefully it will take a week or so to finish the work.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:27:26 am »
FSXNP...

Can you change the "dont sink, dont sink" to "altitude, altitude"?  I think the Bit&%in' Betty on the Hornet says "altitude, altitude" instead of "dont sink, dont sink"?

Joe, whats your take on this?

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:34:15 pm »
Yes, I can. There are two options - either to discard 'dont sink' message or to set 'altitude' message to GPWS_DONT_SINK event. The former is more correct, IMO.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 06:16:19 pm »
Ok, guys, the sound pack uploaded to avsim and flightsim servers. Have fun ;)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »
Oops, my soundpack uploads were bounced back as I didn't include descriptions. I'm very, very sorry guys...  :(
Made corrections and re-uploaded. My apologies once again...

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:56 pm »
FSXNP...

Really good job.  Just installed and went flying and the sounds both inside and outside were great!!  I did change the "Altitude" warning as you talked about, but other than that, used your default sounds "as is".

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »
Sludge,
As for Betty's alerts... When watching a video with canadian hornets (your Good Hornet Stuff Online post) I noticed couple of interesting moments. At 0:50 power alerts (a/c still on ground) and at 1:50 altitude alerts (though actual altitude was 12-11k). It would be awesome to know how real Hornet GPWS is implemented and perhaps to try simulating it in Acceleration Hornet... For the sake of authenticity )))

wilycoyote4

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 07:24:53 pm »
like'em very much, thanks, just did 1st flight with'em

skimmer

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 09:31:14 pm »
Just wondering if the sound pac on Avsim from fsxnavypilot says author,(Serge Luzin) ? It's the only one I found on that site.

Thankyou :)

neutrino

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 09:44:51 pm »
Sludge,
As for Betty's alerts... When watching a video with canadian hornets (your Good Hornet Stuff Online post) I noticed couple of interesting moments. At 0:50 power alerts (a/c still on ground) and at 1:50 altitude alerts (though actual altitude was 12-11k). It would be awesome to know how real Hornet GPWS is implemented and perhaps to try simulating it in Acceleration Hornet... For the sake of authenticity )))

Along with the visual warning cue, the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) issues directive voice commands as follows:
1) ‘‘POWER......POWER’’ if the airspeed is less than 210 knots.
2) ‘‘PULL UP......PULL UP’’ if the airspeed is greater than or equal to 210 knots.

If the landing gear is up and locked and the radar altitude is less than the Low Altitude Limit index (up to a maximum of 5,000 feet), the primary low altitude warning tone/ voice alert is heard in the pilot’s headset. With F/A-18A/B, before AFC 253 or 292, a ‘‘WARNING,WARNING’’ voice alert is heard. With F/A-18A, after AFC 253 or 292 and F/A-18 C/D, a ‘‘Whoop, Whoop’’ warning tone is heard.

The barometric low altitude warning (up to a maximum of 25,000 feet) and secondary radar low altitude (up to a maximum of 5,000 feet) provides a voice alert warning “ALTITUDE, ALTITUDE” when the aircraft descends through the selected altitude.

The low altitude warnings are enabled by entering the appropriate altitude on the UFC.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:55:06 pm by neutrino »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 09:59:45 pm »
Along with the visual warning cue, the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) issues directive voice commands as follows:
1) ‘‘POWER......POWER’’ if the airspeed is less than 210 knots.
2) ‘‘PULL UP......PULL UP’’ if the airspeed is greater than or equal to 210 knots.

JR...

Now is that with gear up and locked that these warnings are issued?  Im guessing yes, but just want to make sure.  Are these commands part of the FSX Hornet?  I know the "pull up" is.  Also, when you are talking about UFC entries for changing the altitude for the altitude warning, Im also guessing that CANT be done on the FSX Hornet?  I know in adding these sound files, the aircraft.cfg has the entries for [GPWS] warnings, so Im assuming you cant change altitudes on the fly using the UFC?

Just clarifying, since I already changed the "dont sink" to "altitude" below 300 AGL.  Also modding, when at a higher than -1000 fpm sink rate, Betty says "power... power".

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 10:53:09 pm »
Sludge, I should have made that clear - the information is for the real Hornet, not the Acceleration one. But it will probably be implemented in the VRS Hornet ;D

Above 150 feet AGL, the GPWS provides protection by continuously calculating the altitude required to recover above the terrain. I would assume that it doesn't matter if the gear is up or down. Below 150 feet AGL, GPWS transitions to provide warnings related to takeoff and landing based on the time since weight-off-wheels (WoffW) and a combination of landing gear position, airspeed, altitude and sink rate. For example - more than 60 seconds after WoffW (landing), less than 150 feet AGL, less than 200 kts, gear down and excessive sink rate (1500-2000 fpm depending on alt and gross weight) - will trigger ‘‘POWER......POWER’’ warning.

Also, besides "POWER" and "PULL UP" warnings, GPWS issues ‘‘CHECK GEAR.......CHECK GEAR’’ when descending below 150 feet AGL (less than 200 knots) if the gear is not down and locked and more than 60 seconds since a WoffW or a waveoff.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 11:04:30 pm by neutrino »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 11:19:04 pm »
I beleive j.r. has modded his hornet's sound files to say "i feel the need , the need for speed " at startup  ;D
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

neutrino

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 11:22:15 pm »
I beleive j.r. has modded his hornet's sound files to say "i feel the need , the need for speed " at startup  ;D

Actually, that was my skype mood text for a very long time, only changed it recently  ;D And I had the Maverick helmet as avatar  8)

WilliamCall

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 01:01:09 am »
Just wondering if the sound pac on Avsim from fsxnavypilot says author,(Serge Luzin) ? It's the only one I found on that site.

Thankyou :)

That's the only one that I could find, and it doesn't work right.  At engine shutdown, the sounds continue (from cockpit).