Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75998 times)

yonitanp

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2023, 03:27:08 pm »
Hi,
I have been using the product since it came out, did several uninstalls and reinstalls including making a complete and clean uninstall of all MSFS and related addons, then reinstalling MSFS and GSX pro, but still same behavior:
"Couatl hasn't started error" - I always have to run couatl myself with the flight being loaded.
Even when its working, I always need to click the GSX icon twice (one click turns is grey, the other one turns is white and only then the GSX menu comes up) in MSFS menus for it to work. Usually, during flight, couatl turns itself off, so when landing I need to restart it manually. yes, its working but very annoying.
Not sure if its relevant, but I confirm that couatl is appearing in the exe.xml, this way:
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
 Is this the correct way it should be?

Would love some assistance with it.
couatl.zip is attached.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:45:46 pm by yonitanp »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #301 on: February 01, 2023, 08:10:34 am »
"Couatl hasn't started error" - I always have to run couatl myself with the flight being loaded.

This thread here named "Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator", indicates it's not a GSX problem, but a problem with your .exe or the sim, giving several suggestions:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

Even when its working, I always need to click the GSX icon twice (one click turns is grey, the other one turns is white and only then the GSX menu comes up) in MSFS menus for it to work.

That's because you are using it wrong: by always using the mouse over the toolbar, you are causing an unnecessary double click. As the manual explains on Page 77, where use of the menu is discussed, always close it from the x icon OR with the hotkey and open it with the hotkey as well.

This is how your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

Gilot

« Reply #302 on: February 10, 2023, 04:36:32 pm »
Hello i don;t know what is wrong can you help me?Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2023, 04:59:01 pm »
Hello i don;t know what is wrong can you help me?Thank you

Your log shows everything is working and you just exited the sim, so the program disconnected having detected the simulator was closed.

Gilot

« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2023, 05:45:22 pm »
So what i have to do to make the game not saying couatl scripting engine hasnt started?Thank you
(The couatl app on the couatl folder is saying side by side configuration is incorrect.Does it have to do with that?)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 07:36:38 pm by Gilot »

JonnyT

« Reply #305 on: February 10, 2023, 07:22:50 pm »
Every 1 of 5 flights I still have GSX when I arrive. For 4 out of 5, Couatl stops before I arrive at my destination. It sucks. Will try to get a log as described, any ideas in the mean time? I am following the click advice and using the shortcut for the menu etc. Have reinstalled nearly every day using the offline installer whenever the problem comes again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2023, 11:14:10 am »
(The couatl app on the couatl folder is saying side by side configuration is incorrect.Does it have to do with that?)

You should have said that.  It's clearly a problem with your Windows installation, the VC++ redistributable runtimes are either missing or corrupted, this is covered at Page 79 of the GSX manual, with some explanations and a download link to downloaded them from Microsoft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #307 on: February 11, 2023, 12:11:44 pm »
Every 1 of 5 flights I still have GSX when I arrive. For 4 out of 5, Couatl stops before I arrive at my destination. It sucks. Will try to get a log as described, any ideas in the mean time? I am following the click advice and using the shortcut for the menu etc. Have reinstalled nearly every day using the offline installer whenever the problem comes again.

This has been discussed so many times, and doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is the program never started. If your report is accurate, and it always starts, but it crash in flight, there's another thread about it, which has several things to try:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28908.msg189510.html#msg189510

Gilot

« Reply #308 on: February 11, 2023, 12:49:01 pm »
Thanks for yor anwser BUT it continues to say that it is side by side.I downloaded both visual c++ from the link which i didn't have then the net framework and still nothing is changed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #309 on: February 11, 2023, 03:42:48 pm »
Thanks for yor anwser BUT it continues to say that it is side by side.I downloaded both visual c++ from the link which i didn't have then the net framework and still nothing is changed

Then there's something really wrong elsewhere with your Windows installation. Try to be sure is fully updated, reinstall the runtimes, and try reinstalling the FSDT Universal installer again, and restart Windows again.

Gilot

« Reply #310 on: February 11, 2023, 05:46:45 pm »
Thank you but still nothnig.There might be a problem on my pc
Do i need anything else except the fsdt installer for msfs?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #311 on: February 11, 2023, 05:48:24 pm »
Do i need anything else except the fsdt installer for msfs?

Your purchase receipts containing your keys.

Gilot

« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2023, 06:55:41 pm »
Ok i dont need any other application?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2023, 07:26:25 pm »
Ok i dont need any other application?

No, just the FSDT Installer and your keys.

bankheadd

« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2023, 05:38:58 am »
Whenever you see the "Couatl engine hasn't started" message from the toolbar icon, there might be very different reasons for that so, in order to support you properly, we absolutely need a startup log file, which will help identify the problem.

To create a log, do as follows:

- Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, ZIP IT ( please don't post it as it is ) and use the ATTACH function of the forum to Attach it to a post.

As an alternative, you can use the pre-made Couatl_MSFS.INI Attached here, to be placed in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.
Ok I just recently updated to WIN 11 and I can't locate the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and I checked on my C drive where I have my OS installed?