Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 72791 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« on: August 21, 2022, 06:10:23 pm »
Whenever you see the "Couatl engine hasn't started" message from the toolbar icon, there might be very different reasons for that so, in order to support you properly, we absolutely need a startup log file, which will help identify the problem.

To create a log, do as follows:

- Open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, ZIP IT ( please don't post it as it is ) and use the ATTACH function of the forum to Attach it to a post.

As an alternative, you can use the pre-made Couatl_MSFS.INI Attached here, to be placed in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 11:25:26 am by virtuali »

kitty.hawk

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:23:35 pm »
I followed your instructions and look onto my pictures: there is no log file. by-the-way I have no FSX nor P3D installed on this computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 11:32:14 pm »
I followed your instructions and look onto my pictures: there is no log file. by-the-way I have no FSX nor P3D installed on this computer.

Of course there isn't one: you named the file in the wrong way. That's why I attached a pre-made file here.

chrisdanker

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 11:29:16 am »
HI,

I too am having the Coualt Scripting message when I try to start GSX Pro.

I have attached my log file here. Hope you will be able to resolve my issue

Regards,

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 06:21:32 pm »
Your log shows everything is running correctly, it's just that from that session, you need to wait for the airport cache regeneration to complete, but subsequent starts should be faster.

AFR7545

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 06:28:35 pm »
hi. I have the same issue

Er-Ar

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 10:47:22 pm »
I have added the log file to the attachment as you requested.

''I executed the installer, but nothing changed. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the same (Couatl engine hasn't started ) error at all airports.''
Then you should post your log, as explained in the other sticky thread named "Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 10:58:09 pm »
hi. I have the same issue

Your log shows you haven't run the OFFLINE installer or, if you have, you must have started the Live Updater after it, which again got the outdated file. If you see the Live Update downloading anything, it's the indication your cloudflare node is not synched yet, so you need to run the OFFLINE installer again, and don't use the Live Update for the time being.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 10:59:41 pm »
I have added the log file to the attachment as you requested.

''I executed the installer, but nothing changed. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the same (Couatl engine hasn't started ) error at all airports.''

Your shows the program started, but couldn't even connect to the simulator. Try a Windows restart.

erichill336

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 11:17:09 pm »
error file attached.

Er-Ar

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 11:34:36 pm »
I've been dealing with GSX for two days. I've deleted and reinstalled maybe five times. I have turned my computer on and off many times. I was connected to more than one airport in MSfs to check if it worked dozens of times. But Coatl Debug Window always gave a "connecting to SimConnect..." message. It was never connected anyway.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:42:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 11:43:22 pm »
Check if you maybe have a stuck Couatl64_msfs.exe running in the Taskbar. It should have been fixed by restarting windows, of course, but it's something to check.

Er-Ar

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 12:37:52 am »
Check if you maybe have a stuck Couatl64_msfs.exe running in the Taskbar. It should have been fixed by restarting windows, of course, but it's something to check.

After what you said, I checked to see if 'Couatl64_msfs.exe' and it wasn't working in the taskbar. I found that when I was running MSFS and appeared in an airport, it also did not work and did not appear in the taskbar.

What did I do about it? I turned off MSFS and ran Couatl first. It was still giving me the 'connecting to simconnect' message.

I opened MSFS and launched my flight at an airport. Since I was running Couatl before, the Couatl in the taskbar was also visible, and when I selected restart from here, an extended log file was filled in, and the GSX menus were opened. I tried at four different airports without ever closing msfs, and I saw that the GSX menus open and work without any problems.

After all this, I turned off MSFS, restarted my computer, opened MSFS without running Couatl, and started my plane at an airport with the same problem again. The Couatl taskbar is still not visible in the taskbar, and I keep getting the 'Couatl engine hasn't started' error. Couatl.exe does not start by itself, and I have to intervene manually every time to use GSX.

I attached a new log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 12:43:37 am »
Your log shows a perfectly normal startup, in which you arrived at the airport and then exited the sim without doing anything, but it was clearly running correctly, as far as the log shows.

Er-Ar

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 12:52:00 am »
Your log shows a perfectly normal startup, in which you arrived at the airport and then exited the sim without doing anything, but it was running correctly, as far as the log shows.

This log shows that it started to work after I started Couatl manually and then restarted in the taskbar. Afterwards, when I turned the computer off and on, and after starting MSFS again, Couatl did not start. And now, I have attached another log for you.

Shortly, Couatl does not start automatically after I start MSFS, and it still does not appear in the taskbar. For GSX to work, I must run Couatl manually and restart via taskbar after MSFS is opened.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 01:01:11 am by Er-Ar »