Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75741 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2022, 04:20:28 pm »
The Hosts file is absolutely clean.

Surely it's not. The message "Cannot connect to Esellerate" appears on only ONE case: if a line to intentionally block a connection to esellerate.net is found in your hosts file. No other possible reasons why you see that line, which will cause the program to quit on purpose.

Alex San

« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2022, 04:29:19 pm »
I have attached the hosts file so you can make sure. And did I understand correctly that GSX will not start without connecting to Esellerate?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2022, 10:18:23 am »
I have attached the hosts file so you can make sure. And did I understand correctly that GSX will not start without connecting to Esellerate?

If you checked your file in its entirety, you would have seen the lines that has been added there to prevent connection to esellerate at the bottom of the file, after about 100 empty lines.

Seth2413

« Reply #288 on: November 25, 2022, 07:03:47 am »
Couatl wont load auto, have to manually set it, no passengers, no jetways, the luggage handlers work.  Here is the log, at my wits end with this. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #289 on: November 25, 2022, 03:13:43 pm »
Couatl wont load auto, have to manually set it, no passengers, no jetways, the luggage handlers work.  Here is the log, at my wits end with this.

If Couatl loads manually, but not automatically, this thread doesn't have anything to do with its, since Couatl clearly works and a log is completely useless in this case. Your issue has been covered by a proper thread here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

Which clearly explains this is nothing we can do about it.

matty121121

« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2022, 06:32:47 pm »
Hi Try thi please log file now i think

vekant

« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2022, 10:32:52 pm »
Hello, for some time, I have some applications that do not recognize my simconnect, including gsx, I am currently flying and flying, my VA tracker, FSUIPC, PSXT work with simconnect. But GSX says there is a problem with simconnect.

I do not understand. Do you have an idea ?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2022, 10:51:03 pm »
Hello, for some time, I have some applications that do not recognize my simconnect, including gsx, I am currently flying and flying, my VA tracker, FSUIPC, PSXT work with simconnect. But GSX says there is a problem with simconnect.

Your log is not really saying that. It might just show the program was stopped after printing that line. From I can gather from other users with the same identical kind of log, it was always the antivirus.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

vekant

« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2022, 07:37:00 am »
ok, i did what you said, i restarted another flight, but the gsx menu spins infinitely.

moxiejeff

« Reply #294 on: December 20, 2022, 03:35:46 am »
Hey GSX, more and more problems with couatl just not starting or it terminates, every time, before I go on the approach and then I have to manually start it again just before landing so I can get an assigned gate. I don't recall couatl engine stopping so randomly and so many different times of the flight before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #295 on: December 20, 2022, 01:14:11 pm »
ok, i did what you said, i restarted another flight, but the gsx menu spins infinitely.

That's a completely different problem than the one discussed here, which is the "Couatl engine hasn't started", but it surely started in your case.

I see from your log you have some invalid folders in your Community, you might try to enable the SU10 Navdata option, so it won't even look in the Community anymore.

marrwill

« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2023, 11:32:16 am »
I'm also having this issue, where Couatl is started in the Task Manager, but GSX says it isn't

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #297 on: January 30, 2023, 04:25:15 pm »
I'm also having this issue, where Couatl is started in the Task Manager, but GSX says it isn't

As explained in all threads about this, including this one, the first thing to do is to be sure you have:

- Added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

Yes, one of the problems caused by the antivirus, is to block the communication between the program and the sim, so it started, but it cannot talk with it. Also, see if you can "Restart" Couatl from its tray bar icon.

LJR971

« Reply #298 on: January 31, 2023, 04:19:41 am »
Hy

I need help
GSX tries to start but the menu does not appear

some information with my error file
I fly on a320 Fenix on sennery airports
But I also did tests with GSX on msfs 2020 base aircraft and airports
I also did a test with the FBW at 320 and the problem is the same

Thanks for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #299 on: January 31, 2023, 09:52:50 am »
GSX tries to start but the menu does not appear

From your log it seems you haven't waited for the cache regeneration to end, you can't use GSX while the cache is being generated, and if you try open the menu during that time, it might get stuck.

Either wait for the cache regeneration to end, or enable the SU10 Navdata API option in the Config panel in the installer, so it won't use the airport cache anymore.