Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1159914 times)

Orion

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1065 on: October 11, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »
I don't have P3D, but try updating to the most recent version (available in this post: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg94146.html#msg94146).  You must also install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) in order for the FCS to function.

Victory103

« Reply #1066 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:28 am »
Cynide and anyone else, I have made some progress in enabling Tacpack functions  on the Fleet 15.2 model. I have got AIM-9,MK-82,MK-84,Gun,Chaff,Flares,Tacpack Tacan and ILS working. There is still much work to be done though, if anyone is able and willing. Here is a link to what I have got done: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6b668f605f75b86d

I repeat, this is for the 15.2 model. The Panel.cfg is different in the 15.6 model.

Great job on this, reinstalled 15.2 and conducted a complete weapons and refueling test. All checked 4.0 on my end. I assume the refueling gauge only replenishes internal tanks. Just need a CCIP HUD mode now.

Only 2 small things I got was the 'Winder tone would stay on after I selected another weapon, target box would not stay on targeted AI.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:27:24 am by Victory103 »
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

edakridge

« Reply #1067 on: October 13, 2015, 12:44:34 pm »
Roger victory. I know about the sidewinder tone. Not sure how to fix it yet. Did you use the refuel gauge or regular tacpack refueling? I am not sure if I've got that code right yet. The HUD coding is not mine.(Even though I wish I was that smart) I just removed some lines from it that conflicted with the Tacpack weapons code.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:11:46 pm by edakridge »

edakridge

« Reply #1068 on: October 13, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »
Here is a link to the files needed to use my coding with the 15.6 model: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6b67885a5f7178726a

To install: Unzip (Beware of "The folder within a folder"), Place into Simobjects/Airplanes, Merge with the existing folders, Overwrite when prompted.

Use:
Keyboard commands:
Control+Shift+2=Gun
Control+Shift+3=MK-82
Control+Shift+4=MK-84
Control+Shift+5=AIM-9
F=Flares
C=Chaff
W=Rearm

To read Tacpack tacan and ils, simply input your carrier or tanker freq into the UFCP. It will show as off, but the pipper and DME info will appear in the HUD. At 10 miles out the ILS crosshairs will appear. There is no need to switch to the ILS freq. To get a target lock in the HUD, AA switch and Master ARM must be on. The HUD will lock the closest target. I have added some code for A To A refueling, but I don't know if it is working or not. I am in the middle of setting up a new computer, and I have kind of pushed this to the back burner.

I just want to point out that this is NOT my project. This is a community effort, and I have learned and borrowed code from many other people. There are many people out there much smarter and with better skills than me. If anyone can improve on what I have done they are welcome to do so!

einherz

« Reply #1069 on: October 13, 2015, 03:37:27 pm »
hi, return to those babys, and now fly clean grey aggressor, all system nominal, but befor craft starting, i have to close some popup windows about .gau and something else, how i can fix it, i found *.gau in my gauges, but it stay messaging me...
if this matter, p3d v3 here

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:25:51 pm by einherz »

Lion207

« Reply #1070 on: October 13, 2015, 06:22:08 pm »
P3D 2.5; I'm getting same error as dman:

Hornet FCS simconnect exception: SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_UNRECONGIZED_ID

I've re-downloaded/reinstalled both the aircraft and the MS Visual C++ Redistributables (x86).

Any ideas?

~Matt

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1071 on: October 13, 2015, 08:14:35 pm »
and now fly clean grey aggressor, all system nominal, but befor craft starting, i have to close some popup windows about .gau and something else, how i can fix it, i found *.gau in my gauges, but it stay messaging me...
if this matter...
IIRC, this is a small situation involving the Panel Aliasing. Check the posts in this area: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg94196.html#msg94196
It's on page 63 of this thread. It's how-to on fixing this problem.

By the by, a question, if I may for Mr. Edakridge: I am presuming one must buy the TacPac from VRS before this mod will work, yes? Just making certain...

Pat☺
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:45:26 pm by PhantomTweak »

Cynide

« Reply #1072 on: October 13, 2015, 08:41:26 pm »
Thanks for the update. I never got past getting the gun working on the 15.6 model.

einherz

« Reply #1073 on: October 13, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »
and now fly clean grey aggressor, all system nominal, but befor craft starting, i have to close some popup windows about .gau and something else, how i can fix it, i found *.gau in my gauges, but it stay messaging me...
if this matter...
IIRC, this is a small situation involving the Panel Aliasing. Check the posts in this area: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg94196.html#msg94196
It's on page 63 of this thread. It's how-to on fixing this problem.

By the by, a question, if I may for Mr. Edakridge: I am presuming one must buy the TacPac from VRS before this mod will work, yes? Just making certain...

Pat☺
yes, i seen that, and now my sound work(all systems ready), but popups stay with me

edakridge

« Reply #1074 on: October 13, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

Yes, Pat

Victory103

« Reply #1075 on: October 14, 2015, 05:12:54 am »
Roger victory. I know about the sidewinder tone. Not sure how to fix it yet. Did you use the refuel gauge or regular tacpack refueling? I am not sure if I've got that code right yet. The HUD coding is not mine.(Even though I wish I was that smart) I just removed some lines from it that conflicted with the Tacpack weapons code.

Spawned my favorite Raz AI KC-130J tanker via Tacpack, TACAN channel in UFCP, and had data in the HUD along with a "hot"  nose (no way to silent radar). Freeware refueling gauge was set to tanker, position was directing astern vice the modeled hoses, limitation to gauge I assume. I could take on 83% fuel per HUD in the 15.2 Training/Fleet panel.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Orion

« Reply #1076 on: October 14, 2015, 06:37:16 am »
New test version of the FCS available.

Changes:
  • Per Jimi's suggestion, the FCS will now disable autorudder when bank angle is <= 1.5 degrees as a workaround for uncommanded rudder wiggling.
  • New menu option (press Alt, go to Add-ons, then click HornetFCS to display build and state data)
  • Assorted fixes and improvements

Download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19121193/FSX/FSXBA/HornetFCS.html

To install, first install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145), then copy HornetFCS.dll to your FSXBA Hornet panel folder, replacing the existing file.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:23:42 am by Orion »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1077 on: October 14, 2015, 11:17:34 am »
Hello, Mr. Orion! Always good to hear from you  :)

Is the Visual C++ you are requiing to be installed a new version from the last one you posted? When the v15.6 first came out? Or is this just a requirement in general, as you posted previously, for the Autothrottle and so on to work? I am just wondering if we need to DL and install yet another copy, is all. No big deal if it is, especially once I got the whole 32 vs 64 bit thing figured out, I'm just curious, as usual :D

Mr. Edakridge,
Thank you for your response! I appreciate it :)

Mr. Einherz,
I am still considering those pop-ups. I don't have a lot of time tonight, but I'll see what I can find in the AM. I don't have P3D, but it should work about the same, as far as those two things you're getting the pop-ups about, as FSX, I believe.

Pat☺

Orion

« Reply #1078 on: October 14, 2015, 08:47:32 pm »
Is the Visual C++ you are requiing to be installed a new version from the last one you posted? When the v15.6 first came out? Or is this just a requirement in general, as you posted previously, for the Autothrottle and so on to work? I am just wondering if we need to DL and install yet another copy, is all. No big deal if it is, especially once I got the whole 32 vs 64 bit thing figured out, I'm just curious, as usual :D

It's the same version of the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.  The requirement hasn't changed; I just want to make it clear that it's still necessary.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:49:12 pm by Orion »

einherz

« Reply #1079 on: October 14, 2015, 09:45:27 pm »
@PhantomTweak, i think is just conflict beetween gauges in f/a-18 folder and p3d/gauges dir, any way would be cool use hornet original sound without dsd_fsx_xml_sound_v520.zip, i use it for lancair of realair, in p2/3d is only one way have sound work right
i have one question yet about landing is very unstable, and after touch and in an air, ac go left and right like crazy missile with broken gyroscope:)
look like it was accu_feel, all unstable effects was hypper bonus:)
forgot about light, remember in the flight:) when flood is on in the cabine, all flaps/gear indicator illuminate all time
and thank you everyone
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:00:14 pm by einherz »