Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155663 times)

deimos256

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1095 on: November 09, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »
Ok I have installed some of the Hornets and have played around with them and have a couple questions.  First off I installed the Base pack which I think was called training or something like that and then I installed the A-A versions with air to air missiles.  The first issue is the wing tip Sidewinders do not show up when viewing the tips from the VC.  My second question is stores and the centerline tank.  The tank appears on the external model and the fuel and loading page shows an external tank.  Problem is I cannot get the cl tank to drop, the jettison buttons doing nothing, also on the fuel page of the MFD it shows a value of 0 for the center external tank despite it being full.  Is this just a limitation of the aircraft or am I missing something?  Also I have found there to be an exorbitant amount of smoke coming out the rear of the aircraft, is this normal?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1096 on: November 10, 2015, 04:16:10 am »
Deimos,

The first issue is the wing tip Sidewinders do not show up when viewing the tips from the VC. 
This is the result of limitations to the source model files.  This will remain a limitation for a while.

Problem is I cannot get the cl tank to drop, the jettison buttons doing nothing, also on the fuel page of the MFD it shows a value of 0 for the center external tank despite it being full.  Is this just a limitation of the aircraft or am I missing something? 
Working on this one.  Hopefully we will be able to integrate fuel levels better into the avionics soon.

Also I have found there to be an exorbitant amount of smoke coming out the rear of the aircraft, is this normal?
The F/A-18C Training Folder has an effects folder that contains effects that need to be installed in the Sim's main effects folder.  Have you installed them yet?

Thanks.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

KC

« Reply #1097 on: November 23, 2015, 09:47:23 pm »
Hey

Is there any chance, that a model with a AIM-9X and a FLIR pod will be created?

Cyrill

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1098 on: November 27, 2015, 09:26:13 am »
Hey

Is there any chance, that a model with a AIM-9X and a FLIR pod will be created?

Cyrill

Unfortunately, we probably will not be able to accommodate this anytime soon.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Wood

• Virtual Carrier Wing Three
« Reply #1099 on: December 16, 2015, 09:36:10 pm »
Great job on this.. thank you for sharing. It's great to be able to fly multiple crew on a mission and for training. Question, has anyone successfully get everything working in P3DV3. Not everything like UFCD or AOA works in P3DV3. 

Thanks in advance.

Wood

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1100 on: December 17, 2015, 03:54:36 am »
Hey Wood,

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I've had similar experiences in V3, with the same issues you've mentioned.  Had a brief discussion with Dino Cattaneo, and he informed me that the coding for V3 is a little different and more scrutinized that it is with previous variants of P3D and FSX.  As soon as I get a few things ironed out here, I will see what I can do to fix things over there.  I do fear however, there are some things I will not be able to fix, in particular, the avionics coding that is borrowed from the Acceleration Hornet.  I would need to be able to decompile their coding, which I am unable to do.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jc005e

« Reply #1101 on: December 17, 2015, 09:27:41 am »
I know this is a bit off topic but wonderful Job on your F-18C  :)  Im glad we finaly got a legit realistic flying Hornet into the flightsim community.

Since I admired the jet and the work of this model , ive decided to create Flight simulator (FSX)  Cf-18 Hornet Demonstration team to help get this wonderful aircraft noticed.      A special thanks to Jimi08 And sludge for making updates for this jet up to date and We all look forward towards more to come.

If any of you are interested in checking the team out , here is our facebook page.  Thanks agian guys!  keep up the great work.
https://www.facebook.com/Flight-Simulator-CF-18-Hornet-Demonstration-Team-1600037803576065/

Wood

• Virtual Carrier Wing Three
« Reply #1102 on: December 17, 2015, 09:56:05 pm »
Hey Wood,

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I've had similar experiences in V3, with the same issues you've mentioned.  Had a brief discussion with Dino Cattaneo, and he informed me that the coding for V3 is a little different and more scrutinized that it is with previous variants of P3D and FSX.  As soon as I get a few things ironed out here, I will see what I can do to fix things over there.  I do fear however, there are some things I will not be able to fix, in particular, the avionics coding that is borrowed from the Acceleration Hornet.  I would need to be able to decompile their coding, which I am unable to do.

jimi08

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fantastic and look forward to it. Fantastic job!!

wood

Ztimbre

« Reply #1103 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:22 am »
Here is a link to the files needed to use my coding with the 15.6 model: https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6b67885a5f7178726a

To install: Unzip (Beware of "The folder within a folder"), Place into Simobjects/Airplanes, Merge with the existing folders, Overwrite when prompted.

Hi guys.  Really liking the 15.6 Hornet.  Does anyone have a current link for the Tacpack mods done by edakridge?

cheers,
Z.

edakridge

« Reply #1104 on: December 19, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »

Ztimbre

« Reply #1105 on: December 20, 2015, 09:42:25 pm »
Thank you!

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1106 on: January 29, 2016, 11:33:00 pm »
Hey Fellas,
 Anything new?Any updates?I've been working on some new textures that I will be releasing soon.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1107 on: January 30, 2016, 02:50:31 am »
Ahmenace,

Absolutely!  Got 16.1 down the hopper and a lot of progress has been made in the last few months including the following:
-More TACPACK weapons integration.  Can now drop MK-82 and 84 dumb bombs, fire Sidewinders and AMRAAMs, and launch Zuni rockets and Maverick Missiles!
-HUD symbology has been upgraded for navigation Air to Air and Air to Ground modes, and TACPACK Carrier ILS implementation.
-Got a few new/updated textures as well.  We've been continuing the work you've done on the cockpit textures and have included 4 new textures.
-New auto-installer to make installations a lot easier.
-Updated FCS and flight dynamics.

Got a few more things to smoothen out before releasing the next update.  Expect a download link to the new variant by next week.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

FERG

« Reply #1108 on: January 30, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »
Jimi

huge thanks for the great work on the jet and looking forward to next weeks release. Forgive me if this question has been asked before but is there scope to include squadron colours on the pilot figure's helmet. For example some USMC guys wear the camouflage covers on their helmets?

cheers

Ferg

Hawker

« Reply #1109 on: January 30, 2016, 07:18:15 pm »
Can someone post a link for the tacpack files please? Seems the previous ones are dead.
Thanks