Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155557 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1080 on: October 15, 2015, 09:15:02 am »
i think is just conflict beetween gauges in f/a-18 folder and p3d/gauges dir, any way would be cool use hornet original sound without dsd_fsx_xml_sound_v520.zip, i use it for lancair of realair, in p2/3d is only one way have sound work right
Probably. The Hornet uses dsd_xml_Sound.exe. The original version. If you have other versions in the Gauges folder,it may be trying to read those first, so the cockpit sounds don't have the right .ini files for themselves. Have you tried DL'ing and placing the original dsd_xml_sound file and  placing it in the Hornet Panel folder to be crtain it's correct? The .ini files it needs should already be in the Training load-out's Panel folder...

Thanks, Orion. I appreciate the confirmation ;D
Pat☺

einherz

« Reply #1081 on: October 15, 2015, 12:29:22 pm »
no, i think, i just have to change name of gau and change any text in 18c dir with that gau:)
and this work:)
c:\P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\Panel.Fleet\dsd_fsx_xml_soun.gau < name changed
c:\P3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\Panel.Fleet\panel.cfg <only 3 lines of this gau was changed
stay problem with mirrors, they have no mirrors:)
and little problem, if start from simlauncher and forgot fuel pump check off is sound annoying and can not be disable in the hornet
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 01:14:03 pm by einherz »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1082 on: October 31, 2015, 11:55:51 pm »
Hello Gents,

Just as a quick update.  Made it to Hawaii and FINALLY got my Household Goods in a couple of days ago.  In the process of setting things up.  Should be back in action in a few days.

Can't wait to get back into the mix of things.  It's been too long.

Hope all is well for all of you.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

einherz

« Reply #1083 on: November 01, 2015, 12:08:26 am »
orbx doesn't update objectflow for airports for p3d v3 so some of us not well...
hi, just kidding, glad to hornet stay improve

AvgeekJoe

« Reply #1084 on: November 01, 2015, 09:07:14 am »
Really appreciate all the work that's been done on the Hornet. 

That said, there's one paint that's badly missing for this beaut:

READY TO A+ AMBUSH SOME GROWLERS by Joe A. Kunzler, on Flickr

AMBUSH OF THE RED STAR by Joe A. Kunzler, on Flickr

Ambush on the NAS Whidbey Tarmac... by Joe A. Kunzler, on Flickr

Photos are mine, BTW.

einherz

« Reply #1085 on: November 01, 2015, 09:56:48 am »
alll aggressors skeen is must have:) but as my wanted - without fuel tank(s)

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1086 on: November 02, 2015, 09:03:39 am »
Hi Jimi!
Glad to see ya again, and that you are getting squared away :D
Tanke your time, enjoy Hawaii :) If you get a chance, go try Kauai. My all time favorite Island. Surfing it's north shore is wicked awesome. And inland is phenomenal. There's a billion good reasons it's the Garden Isle. And the skin/scuba diving at Poipu Beach is fantastic.
On Maui, give Lahaina a look. There is a open air market that has a little of everything! And the restaurants right on the ocen are marvellous. I don't know if it's still there, but there was an old Pineapple plantation that they converted to an incredible restaurant. Up on top of a mountain. The views are incredible.
I'm sorry. SO many things to see and do. You won't believe how fast your time will go. And you'll regret when the time comes to go back to the mainland. Sadly, if I recall correctly, your money will go fast too...
Anyway, great to see ya :D Looking forward to any new updates!

AvgeekJoe, those look like they'd be awesome paints. I look forward to anyone making them up for us all! Me, I couldn't paint a board with a brush if I had to...

Anyway, glad to see everyone is still rocking and rolling! Have fun flying this incredible bird they've been so kind as to put up for us! I know I sure do!! ;D
Pat☺

Snake

« Reply #1087 on: November 03, 2015, 10:05:24 pm »
how do you get the tailhook to work when using fsrecorder? when flying formation and all aircraft have the hook deployed only the the aircraft selected as the user ac will show as being deployed. any help would be appreciated.

Azframer

« Reply #1088 on: November 04, 2015, 07:32:16 pm »
how do you get the tailhook to work when using fsrecorder? when flying formation and all aircraft have the hook deployed only the the aircraft selected as the user ac will show as being deployed. any help would be appreciated.
Most likely you were flying a D model, I've noticed the D model before startup the tail hook is always in a relaxed or down position and will show up like that in flight in playback in FSrecorder until the config is fixed (above my head).

Rick

Snake

« Reply #1089 on: November 04, 2015, 08:35:00 pm »
thanks for the info but i was flying the c model. i haven't  got around to testing the d mod but i will try it out and see what happens. thanks .

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1090 on: November 06, 2015, 09:14:24 am »
FSRecorder I haven't the faintest clue about. No idea what's what with that.
Having said that, the Hornet (both C&D) looses hyd pressure with the engines shut down and the APU off. Thus, the tail-hook, flaps, ailerons, the gear doors, and rudders "relax". When any one of those starts up, they all go their "neutral" positions. IE: Hook up, flaps, rudders, and ailerons at 0°, and the gear doors should shut. I believe that's how the FSDT Hornets work as well.
I may well be wrong, and i hope Jimi or Orion will correct me if I am :D But that's how they work In Real World hornets.
I don't know if that helps any at all...
Pat☺

Victory103

« Reply #1091 on: November 06, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »
Pat,
That might be an early Lot "A" model thing, but the tailhook is not going to drop after hyd press is removed. I've never seen this on C/D's ashore or on the boat.

For FSR, I'm assuming you have all the FS key commands checked for recording?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

micro

« Reply #1092 on: November 08, 2015, 04:22:33 am »
All carrier aircraft have their tailhooks locked up by a latch. But the hooks are actually driven downward with a large hydraulic force. This is done to try to prevent "hook skips" where the hook hits the deck and then bounces up, missing the wires. So, yes, if it were not for the latch, the hook would fall after the hydraulics bled off. That's why crewmembers are taught to never walk under the tailhook. If that latch fails, you're going to need a few motrin.

mjrhealth

« Reply #1093 on: November 08, 2015, 04:44:45 am »
When replaying back make sure you go into cockpit and start engines, than all should be good, doesnt always happen automatically even though the sounds may be playing.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1094 on: November 09, 2015, 07:47:14 pm »
That's why crewmembers are taught to never walk under the tailhook. If that latch fails, you're going to need a few motrin.
Absoluely! Never go under the tailhook, flaps, or geardoors, if they are up. Never trust a latch. They fail all the time.
Even with a cranial on, you are gonna get a headache. Bigtime.
Not to mention having a chat with some people with scrambled eggs on their covers...

Pat☺