Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 44383 times)

Stefano1978

Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2023, 10:22:19 am »
Is anyone else using the Fenix2GSX Github integration mod? https://github.com/Fragtality/Fenix2GSX

Makes everything run much better. It would be great to incorporate it into the main add-on. If that's technically possible of course.
I am. And I agree, this integrations makes Fenix+GSX even better.
It manages very well the refueling without having to start loading the aircraft from EFB, and, in general, helps improving realism of the pre-flight procedures. I didn't notice any performance impact when used togheter with GSX Pro and Fenix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2023, 09:36:02 pm »
What a useless new feature instead of implementing finally push/pull pushbacks or having more variability for follow-me (follow me pick-up points for airport), more animations for different services, not having the pushback truck visible already when requesting the first service, instead we get animated scary passengers. Nice.

You don't seem to realize how an EXHIBITION environment really works: there are lots of users that don't even *know* what GSX is, and they pass through many boots with lots of things, so you need something that can is immediately recognizable from a distance, while you are walking, that is in a couple of seconds.

And that's precisely what we show THAT on FsExpo. The mistake here is assuming we are only working on THAT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 10:32:45 pm by virtuali »

kdfw

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2023, 12:49:37 am »
New Fueling vehicles for airplanes with lower wings like the 737 or the MD80

There will be a completely new animation, with the refueling crew using the Fuel cable roller to connect to the airplane refueling point, not using a raised platform, but either a small ladder, or just by standing if the wing is low enough. Both Fuel Hydrants and Fuel Tankers will be updated with this new animation.

has this been completed?  last time i tried the fuel truck drove up, refueled without animation, then scurried away.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2023, 01:23:17 am »
has this been completed?

Of course it hasn't, if it was, it would be surely advertized.

last time i tried the fuel truck drove up, refueled without animation, then scurried away.

No, it hasn't, that's why it's still in this post, which is a road map of things that are not there yet.

kdfw

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2023, 01:50:02 am »
thank for the reply, hope short-term means less than two years after launch, jk. 

going out on a limb here, but with a large user base with 737 and md80, they want to see this animation come to gsx, rather than seeing passengers inside the plane. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2023, 02:49:30 pm »
thank for the reply, hope short-term means less than two years after launch, jk. 

Since we are still to reach the first year after launch, I find a bit premature assuming this feature won't appear for another extra year.

going out on a limb here, but with a large user base with 737 and md80, they want to see this animation come to gsx, rather than seeing passengers inside the plane.

In both these airplanes, the refueling is not a simulation, because GSX is not refueling those airplanes.

The airplanes will still refuel themselves as they always do but, instead having just a truck as it is today, we'll have 2 extra animated guys adding extra eye-candy to the refueling truck service.  Not unlike seated passengers, except instead of just two extra guys, we are adding a lot more, with passengers.

kdfw

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2023, 08:56:47 am »
extra eye-candy to the refueling truck service

i like!

zebraleet

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2023, 10:32:32 am »
Are there any plans for better sounds in the addon? Many of them are ancient and very generic. Generic low quality truck sounds for the ground crew, and the boarding sounds are very poor in my opinion. I had to delete them from the folder, nothing more annoying than "I'm right next to her.... thank you" and "Can I see your boading card sir please, thank you". Generic american voices flying Ryanair a bit immersion breaking.

WebMaximus

« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2023, 10:52:57 am »
...or hearing "Good morning" at 8 PM...

I couldn't agree more how improved sounds in GSX would really add a lot to the overall experience using the product.

Adding some form of intelligence and variation depending on when and where you fly would be awesome and if you would also add some proper boarding sounds, safety announcements etc based on actual airline, I think many of us would be thrilled. I know I would!
Richard Åsberg

ATRpilot210

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2023, 02:30:06 pm »
Will the 3D-animated passengers actually be visible while walking to their seats after entering the cabin? Or do they just appear straight to their seats??? Please make it so that we can see them walking inside the cabin. Otherwise, it's pointless... Another thing that is needed is persistent cargo. It's ANNOYING seeing the ULDS vanish after entering the cargo hold. (BTW this was achieved way back in FSX days with captain sim, so i dont see why it cant be done now)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 03:04:50 pm by ATRpilot210 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2023, 05:19:06 pm »
Will the 3D-animated passengers actually be visible while walking to their seats after entering the cabin?

Yes, of course they will be seen standing inside the cabin, forming queue waiting to be seated.  Note that, we won't have transition animations, no passengers making an effort to reach the window seat when the other two seats are taken, etc. That would be really to complex, and doesn't play well with the method we used to have the seated passengers extremely lightweight on fps.

kingnorris

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2023, 10:59:17 pm »
Love the idea of animated pax, however, as far as I know, the FBW A320 doesn't offer interior views, and since it's the only jet I fly, I won't be able to enjoy it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2023, 08:26:09 am »
as far as I know, the FBW A320 doesn't offer interior views, and since it's the only jet I fly, I won't be able to enjoy it.

Not sure how this could be fixed by GSX, I guess an interior will eventually come for it, but in the meantime, there are plenty of other airplanes available that have it.

pinolo1978

« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2023, 01:29:53 pm »
you know what would be really cool? also see an animation of the crew explaining where are the emergency exits, seat belts etc etc