Author Topic: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator  (Read 23272 times)

maorgr

Re: Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2023, 09:01:53 am »
Hi virtuali,

for quite sometime Couatl64_MSFS.exe won't auto load neither by modifying exe.dll or copying a shortcut of it to the start up folder in windows or even using FSUIPC7.ini RunIf2=READY,KILL,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe"

GSX PRO is updated to the latest version.

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance,

Maor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2023, 09:31:49 am »
Have you tried this ?

If you Unlink GSX Pro ( choose Uninstall, but only Unlink, don't uninstall ) then Relink again, it will try to add the exe.xml lines back.

In addition to trying to put back the lines that might be eventually missing, it will tell you if your exe.xml has problems, because it's validated before trying to do any changes to it.

Ankh

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2023, 11:19:32 am »
Ok, I found another "solution" to the problem of executables listed in the exe.xml file not being executed when firing up MSFS, including Couatl, and it is definitively contra-intuitive: you need to modify your .exe properties as such as that it is NOT(!) started as administrator. The moment I removed the checkmark for Couatl64.exe, it fired up again with MSFS as it should.

So, for anybody still having troubles that Couatl is not automatically started with the sim, try once by disabling the "start as adminstrator" on your Couatl64.exe and see if this cures your issue as well.

BTW: this was posted on Reddit by someone, is not my personal find. But it works on my end as well...

ANTIOPE

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2024, 09:38:08 pm »
Good morning
So that Coualt.exe runs automatically when MSFS2020 is launched, I uninstalled GSX and everything it contains and above all deleted all the coualt lines in regedit. Once done I reinstalled GSx and everything works perfectly for me. if that helps!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2024, 02:41:17 pm »
it is definitively contra-intuitive: you need to modify your .exe properties as such as that it is NOT(!) started as administrator. The moment I removed the checkmark for Couatl64.exe, it fired up again with MSFS as it should. 

This is well known and by default we never set Couatl64_MSFS.exe to start as Admin, because it's not required, unless in a specific case of users with limited permissions on their Windows account.

WebMaximus

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2024, 03:19:57 pm »
I'm having the same issue since some time ago where Couatl won't start automatically with the simulator anymore. Instead I have to remember to launch it manually every time.

I've tried the Unlink-Link suggestion as well as a complete reinstall to no avail. Have not tried yet to manually remove Couatl entries from the Registry.

Any other suggestions before going that route?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2024, 05:07:21 pm »
I'm having the same issue since some time ago where Couatl won't start automatically with the simulator anymore. Instead I have to remember to launch it manually every time.

If you have the current version, the Couatl engine won't be started directly by the sim but, instead, the new couatl64_boot.exe will run instead, which will start the Couatl engine itself, and will monitor it for a restart.

WebMaximus

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2024, 05:28:08 pm »
If you have the current version, the Couatl engine won't be started directly by the sim but, instead, the new couatl64_boot.exe will run instead, which will start the Couatl engine itself, and will monitor it for a restart.

That sounds all great and I remember now when reading this how I read about the same thing in the release notes. However, I noticed a couple of times now how the GSX window has been completely empty and when checking in the Windows System Tray Bar, I've noticed how Couatl hasn't been running. After starting it manually, the menu has been normally populated again.

Will do some more testing and avoid starting Couatl manually and see if it will still work in the way you describe.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2024, 12:14:54 pm »
Just did another test and what actually happens is when I try to open GSX via the in-game panel, I get a message telling me the Couatl scripting engine hasn't started.

So looks like this new tech to make it start doesn't work over here. If I start Couatl manually though, all is fine.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2024, 04:20:55 pm »
So looks like this new tech to make it start doesn't work over here. If I start Couatl manually though, all is fine.

Before saying that, you should first check if the autostarter is in use to begin with. Check the couatl line in your EXE.XML start this file:

couatl64_boot.exe

And of course, it should not be set to disabled. The updater should have changed the line but, if the exe.xml for any reason restored to a previous version, you are not using the auto-restarter. If your line looks fine, then check if the auto started started in the Task Manager. If it has, check if you have this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl64_boot.log

WebMaximus

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2024, 04:40:40 pm »
Thanks but happy to report how it's working after the latest update.
Richard Åsberg