Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 43319 times)

cteixeira

Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2023, 04:00:35 am »
Is it possible to add an option to separate interior (cockpit) and exterior (ambience) sounds by sound device?

Yes, it's a planned feature, which we'll look into, after the most pressing issues will be done, which right now is adding support for the new SU12 SDK, which will fix most of the current issues with jetways.
Hello Sir, when can we expect this feature? For sure it will be a great improvement. Thanks

Sincerely, Carlos

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2023, 02:10:27 pm »
Will MSFS2024 be supported by GSX Pro?
TheCaptain3618

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2023, 02:12:53 pm »
Will MSFS2024 be supported by GSX Pro?

Microsoft has issues a FAQ stating the simulator will be backward compatible and no add-ons will have to be repurchased. I don't think it would be any more different than having the FSDT Installer recognize the two MSFS versions ( MS Store and Steam ), so I don't see any issues here.

infiniteq

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2023, 10:53:35 pm »
Interestingly enough, Asobo states that MOST should be compatible, but not necessarily all:  https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

Since there is a potential for having some incompatibility, virtuali, how will that look?  If an addon doesn't work in MSFS2024, will a process be provided to migrate?  Will a fee be charged?  I understand if an answer can't be provided at the moment, after all the announcement was only 24 hours ago, but it is something to think about, and I (and I'm sure others) would be curious to know what FSDT's stance will look like.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2023, 01:38:48 am »
You must understand that no 3rd party developer knows much about the exact details of ths sim: nobody even knew it existed before the announcement!

The exact wording of the FAQ is not "most add-ons" but, a more encouraging and encompassing "virtually all add-ons", indicating a very high degree of backward compatibility.

Nobody knows the "few exceptions" they say might have issues, and of course nobody knows what would be required to fix those.

My guess, which is complete speculation, is they surely must have changed a lot the Mission system to add those new features we see in the trailer and, since the Mission system was never completely documented and the included editor simply doesn't work reliably ( as far as I know, those making missions are using a combination of FSX/P3D tools and XML editing by hand ), it's likely anything related to Mission and/or Bush flights might need some reworking, which might difficult or not, depending how much hand-editing was made to the source code by the individual developers. Bush flights are probably easier, since they are usually made with automatic tools that operate by starting on a Flightplan but at this stage it's only a guess work based on very limited information.

Note that, if you read the sentence in the FAQ page carefully, it's made of two separate sentences, with the first one discuss working/not working add-ons in general, and it says that "virtually all" will work, and the second part saying that Marketplace add-ons won't have to be repurchased.

Microsoft surely cannot guarantee anything about upgrade policies on non-Marketplace purchases, if a certain developer decided to charge you for just a new installer, there's nothing they can do about it, they can only comment on Marketplace products, and here they said you will not have to purchase again anything. This is a further indication that, if there is work involved to update something that is not already working as is, it can't be something too complex to do, otherwise they wouldn't be so sure about free updates and they wouldn't said that, it they knew it could possibly take months to convert something.

And of course, if you wanted to know about something more FSDT-related, I can only say that we are fully committed to offering free updates, even for products bought outside of the Marketplace.

Fighter2309

« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2023, 03:23:37 pm »
About 3D passengers in cabin:
What a useless new feature instead of implementing finally push/pull pushbacks or having more variability for follow-me (follow me pick-up points for airport), more animations for different services, not having the pushback truck visible already when requesting the first service, instead we get animated scary passengers. Nice.
Gruß,
Timm Rehberg

https://www.lh-virtual.com

Simjockey

« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2023, 04:55:53 pm »
About 3D passengers in cabin: Brilliant!!!

This is a great addition for those of us that fly GA ops ... 10x the level of immersion than we (GA pilots) currently have.

Regards.

FOphio

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2023, 01:57:40 am »
About 3D passengers in cabin: Perfect !!

I’ve been wanting this for ages. Good job FSDT.. Can't wait.  :D

WebMaximus

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2023, 05:01:40 am »
Same here, finally we'll not be flying a completely empty aircraft.
Richard Åsberg

Blizzard1

« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2023, 10:25:32 am »
 Hi,
I‘m realy looking forward to the announced 3D passengers animation. Are there a date for publication this major update?
Regards Rolf

Cyrex1984

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2023, 02:52:41 pm »
I really hope gsx remembers wich passenger enters the plane, would be unrealistic if like one woman and a child goes on the plane and 2 men exit at arrival.

disco79stu

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2023, 08:47:38 pm »
I really hope gsx remembers wich passenger enters the plane, would be unrealistic if like one woman and a child goes on the plane and 2 men exit at arrival.

well, you'll probably also have to live with a lot of repeating models I suppose. not 100% sure, but I think I've seen the same human models boarding the plane every now and then. I don't know how many different models there are, but I could imagine there's a limit and if you walk trough a cabin with 200+ people seated, there might be a lot of duplicates...

WebMaximus

« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2023, 11:04:04 pm »
To make it more realistic, just think of them as twins 😂
Richard Åsberg

steve_multiversos

« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2023, 01:45:48 pm »
My thanks to the creators of this mod. Makes every flight an enjoyable and much more immersive experience.

Can't wait for the Fenix A320 passengers in the cabin/not only walkways.

I saw a video today, looks brilliant. Any idea of the release date? I'd even download the Beta if available, give feedback on it.

steve_multiversos

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2023, 01:49:28 pm »
Is anyone else using the Fenix2GSX Github integration mod? https://github.com/Fragtality/Fenix2GSX

Makes everything run much better. It would be great to incorporate it into the main add-on. If that's technically possible of course.