Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 76029 times)

Gilot

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #315 on: February 12, 2023, 07:18:53 am »
Ok i don't know what is wrong.It shows it on the menu but when i press it to open it it says this message.Maybe if i uninstall everything and then download again both fsdt and gsx?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2023, 03:16:42 pm »
I can't locate the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and I checked on my C drive where I have my OS installed?

The reason why I always express %APPDATA%\Virtuali, is precisely so you won't have to search for it, because it will open the right folder, no matter the user name, the drive or the OS.

So, just type that, exactly like that, in an explorer address bar or the windows search area, press Enter, and will open the right folder.

Flyza787

« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2023, 05:49:06 am »
Hello. I too have this issue with Couati not starting message. When I go to the system tray, Couati is there. When I shut down MSFS, Couati still shows in the System tray and I can only shut it down if I end the task in Task Manager. When I try to start Couati manually, It will show up in the System Tray, but I still get the error even after waiting 5-10 minutes for it to load. I have excluded the ADDONS folder from Windows Defender and that didn't seem to help. I am including the Couati.log file as well as a Couati.err file that was generated about 7 hours earlier today.

Thank you in advance for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2023, 01:06:48 pm »
You surely have a problem with two folders missing and/or inaccessible in your Community folder so, first try to remove those, and see if the airport cache regeneration completes.

Alternatively, if you enable the SU10 Navdata API option, GSX won't even use a airport cache to begin with, making it compatible with Marketplace airports, and with faster startup times.

Flyza787

« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2023, 10:39:51 pm »
Umberto, thank you for your quick response. as you suggested, I deleted the two folders that caused the issue and GSX worked fine until I quit MSFS. The next time I loaded in Couati would not start, although it does show in the Tray Bar but does not respond when I try to left of right click it with my mouse. The only way to remove it from the Tray Bar is to end the process by way of the Task Manager.

You also suggested I do the following. "Alternatively, if you enable the SU10 Navdata API option, GSX won't even use a airport cache to begin with, making it compatible with Marketplace airports, and with faster startup times."  I don't know how to do this and searching online didn't yield anything useful to help me do this.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2023, 10:44:09 am »
I don't know how to do this and searching online didn't yield anything useful to help me do this.

The GSX Config panel in the installer.

MiguelAngel

« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2023, 11:16:23 pm »
It still doesn't work for me. I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread and it has not helped me. Has the problem been solved yet? What was the solution?
I attached the log in case it helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2023, 12:41:37 pm »
It still doesn't work for me. I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread and it has not helped me. Has the problem been solved yet? What was the solution?I attached the log in case it helps.

Your log shows the program started normally, and you just exited the sim after it loaded so, it's not really clear what your problem is, please clarify.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2023, 12:42:50 pm »
Shortly, Couatl does not start automatically after I start MSFS, and it still does not appear in the taskbar. For GSX to work, I must run Couatl manually and restart via taskbar after MSFS is opened.

Then your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, and there's another thread about it, named "Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator", check all the solutions suggested there:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

MiguelAngel

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2023, 07:48:07 pm »
It still doesn't work for me. I have tried everything that has been suggested in this thread and it has not helped me. Has the problem been solved yet? What was the solution?I attached the log in case it helps.

Your log shows the program started normally, and you just exited the sim after it loaded so, it's not really clear what your problem is, please clarify.

Hi, Umberto. I'm sorry. I think I have not understood you. You say "the program started normally, and it just exited the simulation after it loaded". Did I quit the app or was it the program that did it? In any case Couatl doesn't work and throws the same message. At the time I publish this post, I have not left MSFS. I resubmit my log file.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 08:00:29 pm by MiguelAngel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2023, 10:29:07 pm »
Hi, Umberto. I'm sorry. I think I have not understood you. You say "the program started normally, and it just exited the simulation after it loaded". Did I quit the app or was it the program that did it? In any case Couatl doesn't work and throws the same message. At the time I publish this post, I have not left MSFS. I resubmit my log file.

Your previous log shows you just quit MSFS after it started, but GSX clearly loaded normally, just you didn't do anything with it.

Your new log shows GSX loaded the airport, found all jetways, and it was now waiting for you to do something, like opening the menu.

MiguelAngel

« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2023, 06:44:57 pm »

Your previous log shows you just quit MSFS after it started, but GSX clearly loaded normally, just you didn't do anything with it.

Your new log shows GSX loaded the airport, found all jetways, and it was now waiting for you to do something, like opening the menu.

Umberto, thank you for your kind attention. I guess GSX will load as you say, but when I click on its menu I get the message "Couatl scripting engine hasn't started", and I can't do anything with it. As I said above, I did all the steps explained in this thread, as well as various uninstalls and installs, to no avail. In all cases, this message appears. I don't know what to do. I hope you can find a solution. Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2023, 10:14:53 am »
Umberto, thank you for your kind attention. I guess GSX will load as you say, but when I click on its menu I get the message "Couatl scripting engine hasn't started", and I can't do anything with it.

But the very fact you have a log, proves the Couatl engine HAS started, otherwise how could it possibly created a log in the first place ? And the log shows it loaded completely with no errors, and recognized your airport.

And, there's no trace of you pressing the menu, as if something very wrong is happening in the communication between the Couatl engine and the menu, which requires a working Simconnect connection.

Are you using an AI traffic product with AI injection maybe ? These are known to be able to saturate Simconnect with so many commands and create so many objects that, after the maximum limit of objects visible in the sim, Simconnect itself become erratic and stops replying to commands, which might explain why, the program that is clearly running correctly, is not communicating with the menu.

anibalsalles_

« Reply #328 on: March 03, 2023, 02:01:00 am »
My attached file, referring to the error, I am waiting for a solution of "Couatl engine hasn't started"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #329 on: March 03, 2023, 08:03:40 am »
My attached file, referring to the error, I am waiting for a solution of "Couatl engine hasn't started"

I replied to you in private about this.