Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75963 times)

walouigi

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2022, 01:07:38 pm »
hello. it only starts me manually

Hi Umberto, yes and actually even tried by removing my antivirus entirely, no luck.
And also realized that now the AIG AI don’t show any more.
But after removing GSX all back to normal.
Don’t know because GSX is installed for P3D or what. P3D works no issue.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2022, 01:21:31 pm »
And also realized that now the AIG AI don’t show any more. But after removing GSX all back to normal.

In fact, it's the opposite, have a look here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27609.msg181401.html#msg181401

walouigi

« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2022, 01:36:46 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Thank you for sharing the link, now I understand the AIG problem, but what about the coatl never starting, I cannot use GSX at all.
I just uninstalled it completely until you find a fix
Thanks
Hani
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:36:41 pm by walouigi »

Drakkenblade

« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2022, 09:42:05 am »
Hello

Same problem with the coatl never starting. I have tried everything but nothing works (anti virus etc...). Like many other clients, uninstallation in progress while waiting a fix ( i hope).

seawing

« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2022, 10:05:19 pm »
Hi!

Even after several re-installations, I can't get GSX to work. I get a COUATL.err file which at the end states:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'K:\\Addons\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/menu'
See also attached .log file.

Best regards,

Seawing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #245 on: September 25, 2022, 12:11:13 pm »
Even after several re-installations, I can't get GSX to work. I get a COUATL.err file which at the end states: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'K:\\Addons\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/menu'

That file is surely installed during the installation so, the only possible reason why you get that error, is the installation hasn't complete. Uninstall and reinstall again, and pay attention of any errors.

seawing

« Reply #246 on: September 25, 2022, 08:59:49 pm »
I had no error reports on 3 installations. Is there any log-file I could refer to?

BR,

Seawing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #247 on: September 25, 2022, 09:50:15 pm »
I had no error reports on 3 installations. Is there any log-file I could refer to?

Follow the instructions here to create an installation log:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27806.msg182231.html#msg182231

sidfadc

« Reply #248 on: October 01, 2022, 03:25:13 pm »
Same issue here - I see the "couatl scripting engine hasn't started" in the sim when I click the GSX icon from the toolbar.  I've restarted it from task bar, killed the process and started it from the desktop but problem persists.

Zip file attached.

pd1aku

« Reply #249 on: October 02, 2022, 05:13:22 pm »
Unfortunately, after weeks of trying, I still can't get GSX to work despite all the tips in this forum.
It has worked a few times for unknown reasons. By the way, I can't find the exe.xml from MSFS anywhere (but from FSX and P3D despite the fact that they are uninstalled).
I have attached the log file. Hopefully this sheds some light on the matter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2022, 10:40:03 am »
I have attached the log file. Hopefully this sheds some light on the matter.

Your log shows it started perfectly fine so, please clarify: is your problem just not starting automatically with the sim, but it works if you start it manually ? If yes, that's a known MSFS bug with the EXE.XML, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

Crashdive

« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2022, 10:59:37 pm »
What a nightmare!!!  >:(

Everything working fine before SU10.
After the 'mandatory' (how dare they force you to) update to SU10 the whole GSX program is out of whack.

Problem No.1:
When starting the Sim, shortly after FSUIPC loads, I get a 'Couatl Scripting Engine" pop-up window telling me that .../couatl ...can not create a the log file in
"C:\PROGRAMFILES\WINDOWSAPPS\MICROSOFT.FLIGHTSIMULATOR_1.26.5.0_X64_8WEKY...blablabla\couatl.log"

Well DUH!
Since the version number of MSFS 2020 has changed - why doesn't GSX reflect such changes? - Oh, let me guess: My mistake, right?
Funny thing: It DID work before SU10. I just may have forgotten to TELL GSX that MSFS has been updated!
How stupid of me!
Problem is: How and where do I tell GSX that we are on a NEWER version?
- Yes, I completely un-installed (even cleaned and repaired Registry) GSX; Addon Manager and everything else that even remotely looked like it has anything to do with GSX from my system.

Problem No. 2:
Disregarding Problem No.1: Now I'm also getting a the famous "Couatl.Script.hasn't loaded" or whatever it's called, within the Sim when trying to start GSX.
Of course that ain't working, either.
Yet, couatl is NOT present in TaskManager, but silently sit's in the TaskBar, but either left - and/or right-clicking it won't do anything.

Problem No.3:
Despite both problems, I am sure all those little nags and problems could be sorted and fixed. You did an awesome job getting this app out to work with MSFS2020.
The problem with this: You seem to expect every single user to know exactly how to install; use - and configure GSX.
God forbid they ask for help or are simply frustrated regarding the workflow involved to get get it running.

You - as the developer - should and NEED to show a little bit more patience AND Restraint with your fan base,
especially those of us who both bought AND supported your product since it's inception.

Blaming everything on User-error is one thing.
Admitting something went wrong coding the whole thing is an entire different approach and will garner a much higher and more User-friendly response.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Crash27

BTW: I f you need to delete this post - I can't stop you, but I do have backups of this entire page.
That's not a thread - just something you might want to be aware of.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2022, 01:10:41 pm »
Since the version number of MSFS 2020 has changed - why doesn't GSX reflect such changes? - Oh, let me guess: My mistake, right?

Difficult to say without looking at your Couatl_MSFS.INI file. The default folder to create a log ( if no path is specified ) should be %APPDATA%\Virtuali, not the simulator own folder.

Funny thing: It DID work before SU10. I just may have forgotten to TELL GSX that MSFS has been updated!How stupid of me! Problem is: How and where do I tell GSX that we are on a NEWER version?

You obviously don't have to do that, and nobody ever had to do that. Your only problem is the log creation which is pointing to the old MSFS folder, which is not even the default, but that's easily fixed, if you don't know how, just remove the Couatl_MSFS.INI file, it's not GSX needs logging to work.

Disregarding Problem No.1: Now I'm also getting a the famous "Couatl.Script.hasn't loaded" or whatever it's called, within the Sim when trying to start GSX. Of course that ain't working, either. Yet, couatl is NOT present in TaskManager, but silently sit's in the TaskBar, but either left - and/or right-clicking it won't do anything

Are you sure it "sits" in the Tray Bar and it's not, an icon that disappears after hovering the mouse over it ? If this is not the case, and it's really running, right-click will surely work, showing a menu with quit or restart.

The problem with this: You seem to expect every single user to know exactly how to install; use - and configure GSX.

About the GSX *use* I expect users will read the manual first, before making questions about GSX *usage* that are clearly explained in the manual. Yes, I expect this.

Installing can't be simpler but, installing under some messed-up configurations might fail, and GSX is not sold or advertised as a "MSFS install fixer" or a general OS repair utility. But, nobody has ever been denied of help in THESE cases.

Blaming everything on User-error is one thing.  Admitting something went wrong coding the whole thing is an entire different approach and will garner a much higher and more User-friendly response.

That's not obviously true: blaming is always done according to the factual cause. When something it's our fault, we admit it by putting in WRITING, in the release notes, what we FIXED.

I f you need to delete this post - I can't stop you, but I do have backups of this entire page..

I don't even know what you are trying to say here, maybe you accustomed to other forums where post are removed. Posts here are only removed when they use offensive/derogatory terms, but they always stay otherwise, and that's for the PRECISE reasons that, the vast majority of the time, issues ARE caused by users problems ( that doesn't mean it's YOUR fault, it only means problems HAPPEN ) or by other external issues, like MSFS bugs or conflict with other products, and that's why post are never removed, because reading them will help other users fixing their own problems.

edudesnutrido

« Reply #253 on: October 05, 2022, 05:12:18 am »
Hello guys, how are you?

First of all, I have to say that I'm so sad with this addon, when I bought I've though that I have just to run the installer and finish, or some manual with step-by-step to install, but instead of it, after more the 6 installs/uninstall I almost gave up to use this addon, the only reason to not do this it's beacause that was not free. So, I followed the instructios and pasted the Couatl_MSFS in the virtuali in the &appdata% and the result I have attached here.

So, I expect some help to fix that and finally use this addon.

Best Regards,
Eduardo R.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2022, 09:32:53 am »
So, I followed the instructios and pasted the Couatl_MSFS in the virtuali in the &appdata% and the result I have attached here.  So, I expect some help to fix that and finally use this addon.

Your log shows exactly what the problem is, and it's a damage to your system you caused entirely by yourself, but I need explain it in private, please contact support using the support email.