Author Topic: SOLVED: GSX PRO cannot be installed after MSFS SU 10 Update.  (Read 3722 times)

Pit

SOLVED: GSX PRO cannot be installed after MSFS SU 10 Update.
« on: September 23, 2022, 04:43:36 pm »
Hello Umberto

I don´t know why but after the Update to MSFS SU10 the FSDT Installer can´t install GSX PRO any more.
I cklick on Install and after the installer finishes the operations needed, I still have GSX PRO as "uninstalled".

I noticed that the FSDT Installer downloads twice the "gsx-pro" and "world-of-jetways-trial" zip files: is this normal? (see screenshot).

Also noticed that the folders "fsdtdreamteam-gsx-pro" and "fsdtdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways-trial" are really present   in ....Virtuali FSDT\Addon Manager\MSFS\  folder. But both folders are not shown into the Community folder.

I cannot Unlink or Uninstall the GSX PRO because both options are not shown in the FSDT Installer. I can only choice to Install or Activate. I already dowlnloaded and installed the newest Installer from the FSDT homeppage (today at about 15:00).

What can I do to solve this issue? Never had such problems before ( after many years of use of FSDT products ).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 12:35:17 pm by Pit »

tangjuice81

Re: GSX PRO cannot be installed after MSFS SU 10 Update.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 04:52:21 pm »
You must have a bad download, that's why you don't have logos on jetways.

- Uninstall GSX, and confirm to uninstall it, not just unlink it.

- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache

- Reinstall GSX, it will redownload everything from scratch.

Try this. I did it just in case. Also, delete the Content.xml in the msfs LocalCache folder after backing up the old one. Hope this helps.

Pit

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 04:58:06 pm »
Hi tangjuice81,

thanks for you support mate, but I cannot uninstall GSX PRO... as I wrote in my post, I can only activate or install. I would uninstall and retry everything from scratch, but I can´t.

Pit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 05:12:54 pm »
thanks for you support mate, but I cannot uninstall GSX PRO... as I wrote in my post, I can only activate or install. I would uninstall and retry everything from scratch, but I can´t.

If you can't uninstall, it's not a problem, if you have the Install button, it will do a complete reinstall in any case. If you remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache

It will also remove any previous downloads too.

Pit

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 06:28:56 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for the answer. Unfortunatelly even if I delete the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache I can´t resolve my problem, still the same, after the install procedure I still have the GSX PRO NOT installed!

I made some tries by myself:
a) copied the two folders "...gsx-pro" and "....world-of-jetways-trial" manually into the community folder
b) deleted the Content.xml ( that apparently doesn´t need to exist anymore using SU 10)
c) renamed the exe_backup_fsdt.xml into exe.xml (renamed also the original exe.xml into*.org),  this in the location  %\\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Now it seems that GSX PRO is running again with SU10, but the GSX PRO Menu has only the choice of "Option1" until "Option9"  instead of "Boarding" "Catering"..... ?? Any other function is ok and seem to work, SIMBRIEF check, 3D settings for Aircrafts and Parkings.
Something changed after SU 10 in relation to installing addons, I can´t understand everything here, as I am not a devs, but only a User...... please Umberto advice me what I should do  to get GSX PRO working as used.

EDIT: now added the error Log as a ZIP.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 06:38:56 pm by Pit »

tangjuice81

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 06:43:56 pm »
Hi tangjuice81,

Pit.

Sorry that didn't work. I overlooked that you couldn't uninstall.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 06:49:54 pm »
I still have the GSX PRO NOT installed!

Please undo and remove any changes you made manually, Uninstall everything and remove every folder or link related to GSX that might have remained in the Community folder or the Addon Manager\MSFS folder.

It's possible to LOG the installation, to understand what's really happening on your system, this way:

- Open a new Command prompt, by pressing the Windows key, type CMD and the option to open "Command Prompt" should be avaible.

- When the Command prompt opens, type this to enter the Addon Manager folder:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager"

Press Enter. This is just an example, if you used the default installation folder. If you changed it, you must replace it with your actual path.

- Type this:

COUATL_UPDATER2 /INSTALLMODE /LOG

- The program will start normally, try to install GSX and, when it completes and you still see is not reported as "Installed", EXIT

- You should now have a LOG.TXT file in the Addon Manager main folder. ZIP the file and Attach it to a post.

Pit

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 11:31:14 am »
Hello Umberto,

I did as you suggested me, here come the LOG File after the Installation of GSX PRO. The installation didn´t work, but I hope you can now see WHY it didn´t !
Thanks for the support, regards Pit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 12:18:17 pm »
I did as you suggested me, here come the LOG File after the Installation of GSX PRO. The installation didn´t work, but I hope you can now see WHY it didn´t !

It seems you already installed it in full version because you Activated it, but you must have Deactivated it without removing the full version or you recreated the link to the full version manually, so it's installing the Trial and removing the full version which was already linked.

Uninstall everything and Activate it before installing.

Pit

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 12:59:34 pm »

It seems you already installed it in full version because you Activated it, but you must have Deactivated it without removing the full version or you recreated the link to the full version manually, so it's installing the Trial and removing the full version which was already linked.

Uninstall everything and Activate it before installing.

I don´t own the full version of GSX PRO, I do have MFSF Zürich and Basel, so I can´t remeber to ever activated GSX PRO..... it will install because of the FSDT Scenery. I do not have a Key for GSX PRO.

You mean Uninstall everything, so really everything ( including FSDT ZÜRICH and FST BASEL ) or only GSX PRO? If you mean only GSX PRO I don´t have any button for "Uninstall" in the Universal Installer, neither I see one in the Windows own Uninstall APP´s.

Pit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 09:50:51 pm »
I don´t own the full version of GSX PRO

Try updating now, we found a problem with installing in Trial version which should be fixed now.

Pit

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 12:39:53 pm »

Try updating now, we found a problem with installing in Trial version which should be fixed now.

Hello Umberto.
YES, I did start the universal Installer today and it immediately shown that GSX PRO was installed (trial version), finally!!! Thanks for the support.
Regards Pit.