Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 105270 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #525 on: August 04, 2024, 02:13:32 am »
Your log shows the simulator either crashed or interrupted communication for some other reason, so GSX detected this and quit.

nonfirm

« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2024, 07:59:26 am »
Hello, just bought GSX Pro and I got the Couatl Engine Hasn't Started Message. I think I have attached the correct file. I also have double parking spots in a lot of places. Any help would be great. I also included a screenshot of the couatl icon that showed up on my desktop but it will not open. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2024, 09:03:40 pm »
I have attached the correct file.

You attached the wrong file, because it's the .INI file which is used to *enable* logging, and in your case, you haven't even edited to add the logFile=couatl.log line which enable log, so you don't have any log to begin with.

After you add the log line, you should see a couatl.LOG ( not INI!!) file being created, that is assuming the program at least started.

I also have double parking spots in a lot of places

That'ìs because you haven't excluded GSX replacement jetways for all 3rd party airports, which in some cases might need to be added manually. GSX Manual, Page 7, explains this, no use repeating it here.

nonfirm

« Reply #528 on: August 06, 2024, 09:38:07 am »
Is the attached file now in the correct format? Also, I do not have a button to start the couatl engine. When you click on the icon it says " Missing Shortcut" Windows is searching for Couatl64_boot.exe. To locate the file yourself, click browse.

You attached the wrong file, because it's the .INI file which is used to *enable* logging, and in your case, you haven't even edited to add the logFile=couatl.log line which enable log, so you don't have any log to begin with.

After you add the log line, you should see a couatl.LOG ( not INI!!) file being created, that is assuming the program at least started.

I also have double parking spots in a lot of places

That'ìs because you haven't excluded GSX replacement jetways for all 3rd party airports, which in some cases might need to be added manually. GSX Manual, Page 7, explains this, no use repeating it here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #529 on: August 19, 2024, 03:05:46 pm »
You attached AGAIN the wrong file. I need to see your Couatl.LOG, not the file you edited to enable its creation!

sergeluke

« Reply #530 on: August 19, 2024, 06:18:20 pm »
Where can we find the Couatl.LOG?

I had an issue during the install, stating that EXE.XML was corrupted and the FSDT installer would not modify it. Then, GSX never started in the game, with the same error "Waiting for Couatl Scripting Engine to start.../COUATL Sciripting Engine hasn't started within the expected time."

I removed GSX completely, and reinstalled it, the problem persists.

Well, I couldn't find what was wrong in the EXE.XML script, so I manually added the lines to reference Couatl 64. Then I ran the MSFS and while GSX is still not starting, I'm getting a different GSX Main Menu message (I have a screenshot in PNG but this board is not taking it) "Failed to load GSX Menu. Please wait, it might appear later..." I let the simulator idle for 20 minutes, nothing happened.

GSX has not started once on my MSFS2020 yet. All other components, with exception of Aerosoft's Toolbar are functioning as expected.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #531 on: August 19, 2024, 11:58:14 pm »
Where can we find the Couatl.LOG?

The first post of this thread explains how to create one, when GSX is not even starting.

I had an issue during the install, stating that EXE.XML was corrupted and the FSDT installer would not modify it. Then, GSX never started in the game, with the same error "Waiting for Couatl Scripting Engine to start.../COUATL Sciripting Engine hasn't started within the expected time."

Of course it doesn't start, your EXE.XML was already corrupted, the installer makes it very clear it's not trying to modify an already corrupted file, risking to make it completely unusable.

Well, I couldn't find what was wrong in the EXE.XML script, so I manually added the lines to reference Couatl 64

If you posted it, I could have told you what was wrong with it.

sergeluke

« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2024, 02:39:34 pm »
@virtualki, thank you for response.

I have attached the exe.xml. The error message is referring to the "Line 11, position 4".
Edit: I think I found it, missing </Launch.Addon> in line 14. I've just updated the exe.xml and will test the GSX in MSFS again.
Edit #2: GSX is working now.  I would still like to put the Cuatl.log, please advise.

I don't know how to find/interpret the path "%APPDATA%\Virtuali folder" from the original post in this thread. Would you please clarify?

Thank you.
Serge
« Last Edit: August 21, 2024, 03:42:00 pm by sergeluke »

nwajlg2

Nothing works now but used to
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2024, 08:12:29 pm »
hello,
My problem after sometime using GSX Pro with little faults, it is now very slow to load even with a Stock airliner at a smaller Stock airport.  Now every time the menu does appear (most times it takes over 1 minute) the first selection I make such as Jetway Operation, Catering Request or any one, ALL vehicles disappear such as Tug, Catering Truck and Baggage Loaders.  This happens every time no matter if using Stock or 3rd Party airliner.  It used to work....
All that I have done so far is reduce the size of my Community folder by 50%, but there is no change.
I have attached the Couatl file as instructed.   
Thank you in advance for help
Kind Regards, Jim near KLAX

UPDATE 29/08:  Menu now seems to be working after the UNLINK and RELINK trick, however still have the problem of disappearing Vehicles one any Menu item is selected.  They are all showing but then vanish and do not reappear.....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 09:45:04 pm by nwajlg2 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #534 on: August 28, 2024, 02:29:08 pm »
Edit #2: GSX is working now.  I would still like to put the Cuatl.log, please advise.

The line is automatically added when you install GSX Pro.

If it's already installed, select Uninstall, reply Yes to the 1st question only ( UNLINK ) and NO to the 2nd question ( Uninstall ). This will unlink GSX Pro from the Community folder without uninstalling it. They, click RELINK, so it will relink it AND will add the lines to the now corrected EXE.XML file.