Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 82856 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2024, 01:36:59 pm »
Hey, i have the problem several times that coatl app hasnt started. When i triy to start coatl64_MSFS manual... there is no .exe in AddonManager/coatl64 for this.

Well, of course it's the antivirus, who mistakenly removed it by assuming it was a threat, because of an antivirus bug.

If i deinstall gsx and install again... the problem is solved....

Of course, because the installer will restore it.

but later the same is existing again .... i dont know whats the problem... but i cant use GSX ...

Of course, because the antivirus is still bugged and will remove it again.

So, as explained in the manual ( the Troubleshooting section ), and in the forum so many times, to prevent a defective antivirus from removing the .exe, you must add the WHOLE Addon Manager FOLDER to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

After that, run the FSDT Installer again, and perform an Update CHECK, which will restore any missing files. No need to reinstall.

olivers1989

« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2024, 09:51:05 pm »
So is use only Windows 11 Firewall and Viren Scan.... its not possible to add WHOLE Folders..... so in thios case i dont know what to do now...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 11:09:26 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #512 on: May 25, 2024, 11:10:44 am »
So is use only Windows 11 Firewall and Viren Scan.... its not possible to add WHOLE Folders..... so in thios case i dont know what to do now...

Remove that inferior antivirus which doesn't even offer offer what the *default* free and included Windows Defender antivirus does. Windows Defender antivirus DOES allow to exclude folders, which is an incredibly important feature that no antivirus should miss.

Pranav_Srinivasan

« Reply #513 on: June 07, 2024, 03:21:36 am »
So the Coualt engine is crashing on me when i request refueling at CYOW (msfs default with no addons other than gsx pro that affects the airport and if I remember correctly I have a texture pack for taxi lines and such). I'm attaching my log file if it helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #514 on: June 07, 2024, 11:50:10 am »
That's because you haven't the latest 3.0 update which has fixed this problem.

PooPs1975

« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2024, 12:38:00 pm »
After upgrading to version 3.0, no matter what delay is set for the start of boarding passengers on board the plane, the bus arrives without delay, but empty. And passengers appear after a set time on the bus and begin to board. At the same time, all other GSX services work as expected.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 12:39:32 pm by PooPs1975 »

firepac

« Reply #516 on: June 10, 2024, 08:45:00 pm »
I did post this issue as a separate post several days ago but haven't recieved a useful reply so hoping someone might see it here.

So since updating GSX gets stuck on its loading screen, I have looked through the forums and tried several suggestions. Restarting Couatl, modifying exe.xml etc but no luck.
I have attached the log file. There appears to be a few errors in it but no idea how to resolve. Hoping someone can assist.