Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 79867 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #270 on: October 18, 2022, 08:09:17 am »
KLAS FlyTampa

You don't say what your problem is.

The only thing I see in your log is that it started normally with no error, but you don't have the latest update, which has the option to turn off the airport cache and use the new Navdata API, which might improve loading the airport in many situations.

JSRossiascoG

« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2022, 04:00:43 am »
Hi!

Apparently this is a common issue, but here goes: I'm also unable to use GSX PRO on MSFS due to the "cuatl scripting engine hasnt started" message on my sim. I've tried several fixes i've seen in many pages, inside and outside this forum, i've also downloaded, re-downloaded, installed, uninstalled, updated, re-updated several times and nothing seems to work. I've also waited for more than 20 minutes for the cache to "be done"(?) and i still get the same error message.

i did also try to uninstall and completely delete all files that are related, and all its folders... nothing.

i've also tried starting in different airports (KMCO and SKBQ, both default) and nothing seems to make it work.

edit: i just realized that the app "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" isn't starting at the same time as my sim either.

i appreciate any help.

Juan.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:20:21 am by JSRossiascoG »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2022, 12:06:49 pm »
edit: i just realized that the app "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" isn't starting at the same time as my sim either.

The most important information from your report that is missing here is: does it work if you start it manually ? Because if it does, your problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread and, instead, is the one related to the Sticky thread named Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

Deltaflight84

« Reply #273 on: October 24, 2022, 06:09:03 pm »
Couatl does not start, here is my log file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #274 on: October 25, 2022, 11:09:32 am »
Couatl does not start, here is my log file

Something is wrong with your ZIP file, it's empty.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2022, 08:14:11 am »
yeah sorry here is the good one

schiphol104

« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2022, 02:08:49 pm »
Hi,
I have the same problem and followed your instructions, however please tell me where I find the folder
%APPDATA%\Virtuali.
Thanks, Eef

rogermoore

« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2022, 03:57:52 pm »
had a couple of incidents where within msfs states the couatl engine hasn't started.  trying to start manually makes no difference and i note that couatl is active in the task bar, and seem responsive.

setup the log file to capture and on the next start, had the spinning wheel of death followed by unbale too find afcad which is a new one.  i use this airport nearly every flight and never received that error before.  the airport is from the marketplace so never works but doesn't usually give an error

ah log files are prohibited in a log file forum, perfect!! and rar as well, well third times the charm.......
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 04:00:21 pm by rogermoore »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2022, 04:13:15 pm »
please tell me where I find the folder %APPDATA%\Virtuali

Just type that in the Windows search bar, press enter, and will open.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2022, 04:16:08 pm »
setup the log file to capture and on the next start, had the spinning wheel of death followed by unbale too find afcad which is a new one. 

Your log is not coming from a session in which you had any errors, because if you had the afcad not found error, it would have been shown in the log. When you restart, a new log will overwrite the previous one, so the meaningful error would be lost. Do it again when you have that error, ZIP it and post it without restarting.

bjratchf

« Reply #280 on: November 05, 2022, 05:03:55 pm »
Another "couldn't find afcad" issue. SU10 Navdata API is selected.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #281 on: November 07, 2022, 09:10:45 am »
Another "couldn't find afcad" issue. SU10 Navdata API is selected.

Your log shows you weren't located at any airport. Do you recall your positions when you got the error ?

bjratchf

« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2022, 02:46:09 am »
I was at KLAS and after a restart (computer and MSFS) the problem seems to have fixed itself.

Today I got "this parking is isolated, there are no services" - parked at PHTO gate 4. It does't have a profile yet from flightsim.to- so it is simply the addon airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2022, 08:34:34 am »
Today I got "this parking is isolated, there are no services" - parked at PHTO gate 4. It does't have a profile yet from flightsim.to- so it is simply the addon airport.

Which PHTO ? I tried Gate 4 at default PHTO, and it works just fine. Also, your log shows you do have a GSX custom profile for it.

Alex San

« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2022, 04:13:44 pm »
Hello. I've tried deleting and reinstalling GSX and using default and custom airports and planes, but nothing helps. Couatl starts automatically (an icon appears on the taskbar, but when you hover the cursor, the icon disappears, and the process from the task manager too). The Hosts file is absolutely clean. Thanks.