Author Topic: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up  (Read 35681 times)

bustillo77

Re: KEYW for MSFS - buildings not showing up
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 01:27:33 am »
I only have Latin KMIA installed and I also don't have any key west airport buildings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 11:44:22 am »
Where you installed the Addon Manager into ?

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 07:20:15 pm »
Just figured out this problem for me, it's quite easy: I edited the content.xml and moved the package entry for FSDT KeyWest nearly to the top so it is one of the first addons. This did the trick. :)

sttovo

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2020, 10:57:28 pm »
Same problem here. I'm not sure what is missing, but I have people and cars hovering in the air. Guy in the tower is there, but when he moves his arm, he has two right arms.

Did you ever solve the tower guy having 2 arms?  I have that plus the people in front of the airport building are doubled.

tangowhiskey

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:06 pm »
Just figured out this problem for me, it's quite easy: I edited the content.xml and moved the package entry for FSDT KeyWest nearly to the top so it is one of the first addons. This did the trick. :)

Great find, Kai-Uwe! That did the trick for me as well!  ;D

Thank you so much, finally I can enjoy this awesome scenery!  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2020, 11:32:13 pm »
Did you ever solve the tower guy having 2 arms?  I have that plus the people in front of the airport building are doubled.

We cannot reproduce this, and you are the only one reporting it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2020, 11:34:56 pm »
Just figured out this problem for me, it's quite easy: I edited the content.xml and moved the package entry for FSDT KeyWest nearly to the top so it is one of the first addons. This did the trick.

This is useful to know, although a bit odd, since the content.xml file is supposed to be created by the sim automatically based on what it finds installed, nowhere in the SDK or anything else is said you can alter it to *control* layer ordering, like the former Scenery Library in FSX.

Just to be sure, you placed it on the first lines on top ?

sttovo

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2020, 11:47:10 pm »

We cannot reproduce this, and you are the only one reporting it.

2 users have reported the tower man with two arms. It’s actually more than that if you goto the other side of him. There’s actually 2 people there. Anyways, I appreciate the input. Is there another place I should go to get support for my issue?

tangowhiskey

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:44 pm »
Just figured out this problem for me, it's quite easy: I edited the content.xml and moved the package entry for FSDT KeyWest nearly to the top so it is one of the first addons. This did the trick.

This is useful to know, although a bit odd, since the content.xml file is supposed to be created by the sim automatically based on what it finds installed, nowhere in the SDK or anything else is said you can alter it to *control* layer ordering, like the former Scenery Library in FSX.

Just to be sure, you placed it on the first lines on top ?

Yes, I placed it into the second line, right below "fs-base" and that seems - from my absolute non-professional point of view - to alter the priority layers of sceneries and brings back all the buildings. :) Really interesting indeed...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2020, 12:00:11 am »
2 users have reported the tower man with two arms.

I only see 2 messages from you.

Is there another place I should go to get support for my issue?

That's the only place you can get support but, of course, how we can possibly support you if we cannot see what you see, and nobody else reported it.

Most of the people that posted here reported things MISSING, which was clearly caused by other conflicting scenery, and after the last posts by Kai-Uwe and tangowhiskey that is fixed by altering the loading order in the content.xml file, it's 100% sure it was caused by another scenery in conflict, but the double people is unique.

The only thing sure is: we haven't put any double object ourselves. It can *possibly* be caused by a problem in video drivers or settings. Which card you have ?

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2020, 12:06:15 am »
I placed it below the Asobo-entries, so that about 7 or 8 entries of them are above KEYW. Right below I placed LVFR KMIA. KMIA was a little bit odd for me: There was no entry in content.xml but in  the installation manager in the sim there it was listed. I reinstalled it but the scenery didn't take place in the content.xml, ergo there was no scenery in the sim, only default. Puh, what a mess! So I copied an entry which was in the content.xml already and altered it with the parameters of KMIA. And voila, KMIA was back again too, KEYW is still there and tomorrow I will make a nice leg between these two ones :D.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 12:08:00 am by Kai-Uwe »

Dillon

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2020, 12:18:21 am »

Where is this file located?

sttovo

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2020, 12:21:06 am »
That's the only place you can get support but, of course, how we can possibly support you if we cannot see what you see, and nobody else reported it.

Most of the people that posted here reported things MISSING, which was clearly caused by other conflicting scenery, and after the last posts by Kai-Uwe and tangowhiskey that is fixed by altering the loading order in the content.xml file, it's 100% sure it was caused by another scenery in conflict, but the double people is unique.

The only thing sure is: we haven't put any double object ourselves. It can *possibly* be caused by a problem in video drivers or settings. Which card you have ?

Oh I’m so sorry!! I should have indicated I created a separate thread for this. I saw dobee51’s post and thought it all might be related.

Please see here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24241.0.html

dobee51 and I have double people. I can take a screenshot of the tower man too if you need it. But it seemed more obvious to show the problem with the other people in front of the airport.

I have an Nvidia 2080S running latest drivers and Win 10 2004.

I’ll try the content.xml change here in a bit too and see if that changes anything.

sttovo

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2020, 12:24:39 am »

Where is this file located?

Mine is here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2020, 12:43:58 am »
Yep, that's the right path.