Author Topic: Double people **SOLVED**  (Read 4210 times)

sttovo

Double people **SOLVED**
« on: September 24, 2020, 07:11:09 pm »
Hi everyone! I'm new here, hope you all are doing well!

I recently purchased Key West Airport for MSFS. When I'm at the airport and looking around with the drone camera, I see double people. I've reinstalled the product twice with the same results. Anyone else seen this or know a way for me to fix it?

Screenshot attached to this post.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 03:43:00 am by virtuali »

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Double people
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:10:02 pm »
Double scenery installed?

sttovo

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 03:47:47 am »
Hi! Thanks for the response! I’m positive I only have one install. I know my way around a computer and made sure everything was cleaned up after I reinstalled it.

I saw in another post about missing buildings that someone else ia having the same problem. I don’t have any missing buildings, just the extra people.

I do have other packages installed in my Community folder, I’ll remove them and see if anything changes.

sttovo

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 12:32:26 am »
Adding a pic of the double tower guy.

sttovo

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 12:52:06 am »
Adding more detail. I removed everything from my Community folder except for KEYW. Ran MSFS with a generic Content.xml and another where I placed the KEYW dir at the top. Both cases resulted in having double tower guy and people.

Screenshots attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 01:47:39 am »
Adding more detail. I removed everything from my Community folder except for KEYW. Ran MSFS with a generic Content.xml and another where I placed the KEYW dir at the top. Both cases resulted in having double tower guy and people.

At least we should exclude, in your case ( which affect you and only 1 other guy so far ), the possible conflict with another scenery, so it must be something else.

Are you SURE you haven't touched anything after the installation ? Where, exactly, you installed the Addon Manager folder and where, exactly, your Community folder is located ?

sttovo

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 03:42:38 am »
Hi! Thank you for helping me! I hope you know I truly appreciate it.

My MSFS is from the MS Store and I installed the package content in c:\MSFS2020. Under there I have Community and the main package folder. Onestore I think (not at my PC).

My addon install was first installed in its default location under c:\Program Files. I uninstalled that completely (I cleared out appdata folders too bc the uninstalled missed it). I uninstalled the package bc I saw the double people. Then put a new install under c:\MSFSApps where I have other MSFS apps installed (like tree fix app).

I only have one HD, a 1Tb SSD. Specs are Intel 10th gen i7, 2080S, 32Gb RAM. Internet is 500Mb if you need it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 03:46:41 am »
My addon install was first installed in its default location under c:\Program Files. I uninstalled that completely (I cleared out appdata folders too bc the uninstalled missed it). I uninstalled the package bc I saw the double people. Then put a new install under c:\MSFSApps where I have other MSFS apps installed (like tree fix app).

So, you first installed the Addon Manager in one folder, then uninstalled it and reinstalled in another one ? How you managed to do that, considering the 2nd time you install the Addon Manager it won't let you choose the destination, and it will always go to the folder you chose the first time ?

sttovo

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 03:06:08 pm »
I had double people on the very first installation. That's why I uninstalled the product. Why else would I uninstall a product if it was working fine?

I'm guessing I was able to change the path the second time b/c of all the extra files that aren't removed from the uninstall left in %appdata%\IsolatedStorage and %appdata%\virtuali. Uninstallers should remove all files from an installation.

You can close this thread, I was able to find a workaround.

Thanks for all the help! I'm happy with what I have now.