Author Topic: GSX Demo problem  (Read 3239 times)

whiskynovember

GSX Demo problem
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:27:21 pm »
when landing at Mega Munich V1.00 for FSX using the free trial of GSX in FSX, the follow me car drives alongside the aircraft on the grass then once at the parking stand 12 the marshaller batons me about 3mtrs away from the parking centre line then tells me I parked bad, this also happens if I park at the gate using the guiding system, park accurate then told I have to be in a parking area for the gate to work, I am hoping to buy the GSX as it has a lot of visual pluses over AES, but I am holding off buying until I can resolve this issue.......... anyone else had this problem and resolved it.  maybe I have to buy FSDream scenery, though it does state GSX works with all addon scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Demo problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »
Both the Follow Me car going into the grass AND the mismatch between the scenery yellow line, are probably a result of the scenery AFCAD not being accurate. For the Follow Me car, it's possible the AFCAD you are using might have misplaced nodes, orphaned nodes, missing links, un-connected parkings, etc. GSX needs the AFCAD to be clean without such errors, in order to work correctly.

The mismatch between the scenery yellow lines and the parking evaluation is also a result of the AFCAD not being accurate: on a default scenery, the yellow lines you see, and the AFCAD always match 100%, because they ARE generated by the AFCAD itself. Instead, on 3rd party sceneries that use custom yellow lines (not AFCAD-generated), the scenery developer should try to match the custom lines with the AFCAD as closely as possible.

The only information about a scenery GSX has, is from the AFCAD so, if this doesn't match 100% the scenery, you can't rely anymore on the visual scenery to be guided.

The GSX marshaller will always try to put the reference point of the airplane (the red cross when seeing from the Top view) in the center of the parking, as defined in the AFCAD. Which is the same position FSX would place your airplane if you would use the FSX "Go To Airport" menu. The parking evaluation is based on that position.

So, in order to get a good evaluation, just trust the Marshaller.

Also, if a 3rd party has a custom docking system, GSX doesn't know anything about it, except its eventual presence, which can be set or unset using the scenery customization editor. But notifying GSX about the existence of a docking system on a 3rd party airport using the customization, will only be used to stop GSX to generate a Marshaller on that parking, but still GSX will expect you will park your airplane with its center in the parking center as defined in the AFCAD. If a 3rd party scenery uses a docking system that is set to have your airplane parking in a different position other then the parking center, or even different positions on the same parking depending on the airplane type, GSX won't use those alternate positions. Docking systems with custom stopping distance works only on FSDT sceneries, because they use docking systems made with GSX.

If you really want to evaluate GSX, you should try on an FSDT scenery (if you have one, GSX is free to use there, since it works in full on FSDT airports, even if it's not purchased), or on one of the Trial airports so, you won't be mislead by possible errors in the AFCAD.

whiskynovember

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 09:01:17 am »
thanks for replying, and I totally see what you are saying, it is using an AFCAD file from the FSX default scenery, I am trying to find either how I can change it or aim ( GSX ) at a specific ( AFCAD ) file in order to run true, possible my scenery hasn't supplied an ( AFCAD ) file which will result in ( GSX ) using what is available, to make the  statement that ( GSX) will work with all addon sceneries, that is as long as the scenery provides an ( AFCAD ) file to follow........... one last question can you or anyone direct me to where I might find all the addon scenery AFCAD files so I can check or add AFCAD files........... much appreciated............... still looks a good product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:06 am »
Usually a 3rd party scenery comes with an AFCAD, and surely the Aerosoft Munich comes with one. There might be a problem with it, and so GSX will reject it. Or, there might be another problem with your installation, that might prevent GSX to use the AFCAD that comes with the scenery.

You might try to enable Logging in GSX ( in the "Troubleshooting" area of the "GSX Settings" menu ), this will create a Couatl.LOG file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

Exit fro FSX, restart it at Munich, then exit from FSX and send the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG that should have been created, so I can have a look at it and see if everything's correct with your install.