Author Topic: GSX does not show up in fsx at all  (Read 5399 times)

YYCSpotter

GSX does not show up in fsx at all
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:51:25 am »
I purchased GSX about a month ago. I installed it, and everything was working tickety boo. Then, I installed the QW 757, and for some reason, GSX no longer works. The key commands, the things in the fsx top menu while in flight, all have ceased to exist. I have re-installed GSX twice, Tried running fsx in admin mode, nothing seems to work. I miss GSX, and would like some assistance in getting it back. Thanks in advance for any help!

~YYCSpotter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX does not show up in fsx at all
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:12:03 am »
Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Don't use an old installer to reinstall GSX, try to download the current installer and install that one, after everything else.

YYCSpotter

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:25:25 am »
No, I have neither Coutal, nor Addon Manager in the addon menu, even after installing the latest version of GSX, and trying again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:28 am »
Try this:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

YYCSpotter

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:31:38 am »
It didn't work  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 10:56:33 am »
It didn't work  :(

Have you been ASKED permission to run both modules when you re-launched FSX after the previous procedure ? If not, there are only two possible options:

1) You haven't followed ALL the steps, especially this one:

Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Because this one "Reset" the Trust question so, regardless if you have run a module or not in the past, FSX will ask you again at the next restart

OR

2) Your antivirus is still blocking, so the modules are not getting any chance to even ASK you permission to run.

YYCSpotter

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 05:46:47 am »
I followed you'r steps exactly as you told me to execute them. It didn't work. there is no coutal or addon manager in the addon menu, and I was not asked about anything on startup.

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 07:39:42 am »
I followed you'r steps exactly as you told me to execute them. It didn't work. there is no coutal or addon manager in the addon menu, and I was not asked about anything on startup.

Virtuali just said above, that if you haven't been asking to run the module, it means your antivirus is STILL blocking it.