Author Topic: GSX + Dirk Stuck Design - World Ground Traffic X Compatebility?  (Read 6723 times)

Akila

Hi there, I got both Dirk Stuck Design - World Ground Traffic X and GSX.
both products I have noticed touch and/or replace the "vehicles_airport.BGL" located at {FSX}\Scenery\Global\scenery.
how do those work together?
is there any Installation instructions/Steps I must follow in order for them to work together?

I Assume I must Install GSX after I Install "World Ground Traffic X" , but is there anything else I must do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX + Dirk Stuck Design - World Ground Traffic X Compatebility?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 09:17:31 pm »
The GSX installer will only patch the "vehicles_airport.BGL" if it's the original unmodified version from Microsoft. If it founds a modified file, it will give you a warning, and will not patch it.

However, this won't cause big problems, the only reason to patch that file, is to remove the default pushback truck so, the only possible side effect if you have those 3rd party ground vehicles installed, is that you might see two pushback trucks, the "default" (which is not default anymore, since it has been replaced by those products) and the GSX one.

But other than that, there will be no other side effect because, the GSX Pushback routine is independent from the FSX one, so you won't see two pushback truck pushing your airplane, the default one will just stay there on the parking.

We might improve the installer in future updates, to recognize and patch any possible version of the vehicles airport .bgl, but it will always an option to remove the pushback truck, if the .bgl is not default anymore, on the assumption that if someone has took the step to buy a 3rd party product to replace the default vehicles, he would like to at least being asked when something is going to remove one of them.

Akila

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »
If I revert back to the 3rd party BGL file after I installed GSX (in other words , GSX did not inject or removed anything), would this
damage the functionality of the Pushback/luggage Trucks or it will just use the one that is in the BGL file (the replaced 3rd party cars/paints)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:41:09 am »
If I revert back to the 3rd party BGL file after I installed GSX (in other words , GSX did not inject or removed anything)

You don't need to do anything, the installer does it for you:

- BEFORE patching anything, a backup is made

- The file is checked to be patchable (= it's the original from Microsoft), if yes, it will be patched.

- If not, or if anything goes wrong patching, for any reasons, the file will be restored from the backup that was just made.

damage the functionality of the Pushback/luggage Trucks or it will just use the one that is in the BGL file (the replaced 3rd party cars/paints)?

As I've said in my previous message, the only side effect is that you will see both your pushback truck and the GSX one, but there will be no change in functionality.