Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v2.0  (Read 85222 times)

BertAtHome

Re: Re: Sludge Hornet v2.0
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2013, 09:57:25 pm »
Thanks Slugde, I think I've got it right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

ctec1

Re: Sludge Hornet v2.0
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2013, 10:39:53 pm »
I've had the structure set up as in the pic below and still cant hear Betty.

So I ran a fire test. I could hear Betty going thru the test but it was very faint and thats @ idle on the runway. During flight with the all the environment and engines sounds I barely can even make her out. So they are working but hardly audible. I'm using P3D and went thru the sound settings to try to increase the volume but havent had any luck just yet. I'm going thru my sound card settings also but so far havent seen a change. It might be something going on in my system but not sure at this point. Any ideas?

Herbie

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2013, 11:06:08 pm »
I've had the structure set up as in the pic below and still cant hear Bett

You are right, The Betty sound are to quiet. I did changed all of mine with a wave-editor. But, Sludge know another way. Herb
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:58:40 am by Herbie »

Herbie

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 06:26:37 am »
Hello!
Did somebody notice: flying the approach, the Elevator- Trim changes. My setting won't stay, if a set it to 3, it goes lower or higher. Can't get a glide-slope. I use a wheel on my throttle for the trim set in FSUIPC Module.  Herb

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 08:17:39 am »
CTEC...

You can change the volumes of the individual sounds, but you might wanna check the your in-game FSX volume settings as well. Specifically, change the "voice" option under volumes and see if that doesn't solve your problem. What's the volume if you pull up the ATC window? If you can hear that loud and clear enough, let me know, and I'll look into changing the volumes of the Betty sounds. I'll look into it and see if there's possibly something else keeping the sounds low?

Herbie...

Hmm, did you install the HotFix.ZIP? If so, it should have the PA-PID.XML disabled so your trim inputs stay without any interference.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:23:51 am by Sludge »

ctec1

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10:09 am »
Sludge,

With voice slider @ 100% and all other sound sliders @ 10% Betty is barely audible. ATC is loud and clear. Ive checked my sound card settings as well and everything seems to be set correctly. Herbie says he experienced the same thing and changed the files via wave editor. Maybe its something specific to our systems. I have a Creative SB X-Fi sound card if that helps.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »
CTEC...

OK, that's what I was looking for. I can make them with much higher default volumes, dont worry about changing the .wav file volumes. I'll get new ones sent out that are 50% higher. I should be able to get that to you by tonight. Or you can do it yourself? In your earlier post, you have open the FA-18 folder with all the .wav files and the Sounds.INI file. If you open the Sounds.INI file with Notepad, you'll see a buncha of values near the bottom and their associated .wav file. The Betty .wavs are -1250, so change them to -650 and see what results you get. As you can see, the gun (M61) .wavs are -450, so that will give you a baseline as to how loud things can get.

Frenchie...

Ahh, I see. Good catch. Yes, you can DELETE the FSX\SOUNDS folder and KEEP the FSX\SOUND folder, as its the default and needs to be there.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:53:34 pm by Sludge »

Herbie

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 08:29:02 pm »

Herbie...

Hmm, did you install the HotFix.ZIP? If so, it should have the PA-PID.XML disabled so your trim inputs stay without any interference.

Later
Sludge
[/quote]

Installed it just now, thanks. Didn't had it before. Herb

ctec1

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2013, 12:21:11 am »
CTEC...

OK, that's what I was looking for. I can make them with much higher default volumes, dont worry about changing the .wav file volumes. I'll get new ones sent out that are 50% higher. I should be able to get that to you by tonight. Or you can do it yourself? In your earlier post, you have open the FA-18 folder with all the .wav files and the Sounds.INI file. If you open the Sounds.INI file with Notepad, you'll see a buncha of values near the bottom and their associated .wav file. The Betty .wavs are -1250, so change them to -650 and see what results you get. As you can see, the gun (M61) .wavs are -450, so that will give you a baseline as to how loud things can get.

Sludge,

Per your instructions I edited the Sounds.ini file. Although the Betty waves are easier to hear now I still believe they are somewhat weak. Can I assume that a setting of -0 would be as loud as the file will play. If so I'm using that setting and still think the volume is a bit too low. Heres whats confusing, The "Over G" file is loud and crisp yet the "pull up" file is faint. Both files are set @ -0 in the ini. I tried using the -650 that you suggested but still get the same results. Just giving you some feedback on the sound issue. Its not stopping me from enjoying your work. Thx again!

Herbie

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 03:14:48 am »

Sludge,

Per your instructions I edited the Sounds.ini file. Although the Betty waves are easier to hear now I still believe they are somewhat weak. Can I assume that a setting of -0 would be as loud as the file will play. If so I'm using that setting and still think the volume is a bit too low. Heres whats confusing, The "Over G" file is loud and crisp yet the "pull up" file is faint. Both files are set @ -0 in the ini. I tried using the -650 that you suggested but still get the same results. Just giving you some feedback on the sound issue. Its not stopping me from enjoying your work. Thx again!
[/quote]

Please go up a few Post and see the different between a low sound and the right edited sound. I did amplify by 3 dB most of the Betty Sounds.   For me this is the only way. You can double click any sound file in your computer, it should play with windows-player for a test. Herb

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:37 am »
Herb...

Actually, thanks for the testing and feedback. Yeah, if -0 is still too weak, feel free to double the baseline .WAV file itself.  The real beauty of the Sludge Hornet now is watching this happen, as more of you get involved in making your own tweaks from my baseline mods.

Yeah, I saw your amplified sound file, and if that works cool, you might wanna offer to pass those out to users here.

Fellas...

Of those of you that have flown JIMIs FSXBA Hornet, were the same Betty voice/warning sounds weak? If they weren't, please let me know, as I may have a FIX for those of you that dont use headphones. We use the VERY SAME stuff (DSD sound system/gauge) but I just do a different implementation for USB Headset users.

Later
Sludge

hrnet940

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »
Just checked this out and it happens while I am at an airport, CYTR Trenton Ontario CANADA.  With the hook extended, it disappears into the ground.  I read the part on the carrier.

Wayne

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »
Hornet...

Ya, thats part of the carrier trap workaround. If you are mostly "land-based" and like the hook visual, feel free to REM OUT "//" the [Tailhook] lines in the aircraft.cfg file.

Later
Sludge

ctec1

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 09:36:57 pm »
Sludge,

Regarding the sound file volume issue and the FSXBA mod, I uninstalled Jimi's hornet before I installed yours just to be on the safe side. Tonite I reinstalled FSXBA and I'm seeing the exact same issue with the volume in Jimi's mod. I'm going to take Herbies approach and increase the volume of the weaker files.

Thx for your help

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »
CTEC...

Roger that, thanks for the testing and evaluation. I just got word from Herb that he's modded some of the files and I'll test those out and then put them up for release thru SH.com, as soon as I can, so everyone can use them. Also, I'll use the new files for every release from here on out.

Big hat tip to Herb for doing the yeoman's work on this one. Thanks Herb.

Later
Sludge