Author Topic: Sludge Hornet v2.0  (Read 84838 times)

RedBaron94

Re: Sludge Hornet v2.0
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2015, 06:27:55 am »
Hey man I'm trying to download the Version 2.0 of the sludge hornet but when I click on the links it says This Page Cannot be Displayed. It's either my IE not working or the links. Can someone please share the latest update of the Sludge Hornet?

72westy

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2016, 12:09:06 am »
Any links for the v2.0 Sludge available?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

Z0mb13

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2016, 04:40:57 pm »
I was AO in the Swiss air-force.
I worked on F-5 EF and F/A-18 CD. When I stopped working there, the biplace version (F/A-18 D) just received several updates such as color displays (left, right, bottom displays), and touch-screen UFC. Those planes cockpit look very much like the F/A-18 EF superhornet (there isn't anymore green/black menus, they're now white/black  ;)). The notable ocular difference between hornet and superhornet is the form of the reactors air-intake (oval / rectangle).

I was searching for a newer version of sludge hornet when I found that people were complainning about the dead link  ;D
I created a dropbox account with a dummy email address.
I did a .zip with the latest sludge 2.0 version. It originally came with an installer, but I do not have it any more. So here are the files!
You can download the .zip without a dropbox account: on the dropbox sign-up windows, look all the way down...
Put this in the fsx folder. The effect go into the effect folder and the sludge go into the simobject/planes or something like that.

I put some extended manuals in the documentation section.
You can read how to use TCN (VOR) and BCN (NDB).
You can read how to use ILS for full auto-pilot landing and full auto-pilot carrier landing (heading and altitude guidance).
You can read how to use GPS for semi auto-pilot landing (heading guidance).
As there is no A/T on the F/A-18 ABCD hornet, you have to control the power (speed) by yourself. The cage mode, vector, and AOA indexer will help you to do that.

Here are the links:
Sludgehornet 2.0, it's the plane
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3u5g0mcknotpgn4/SludgeFA18_FX.zip?dl=0
AIcarriers, it's the addon that provide a tool in the fsx toolbar to pop-up carrier everywhere in-game
https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases
Optional link:
USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower 2.0, that's better quality carriers models. You have to tweak the AIcarrier files to load them
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxcdbc4ub4xdwux/uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip?dl=0

enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 07:17:43 pm by Z0mb13 »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2016, 08:54:51 pm »
Just a note, if I may.
Orion of the FSX BA F/A-18C fame, whichever version you prefer, updated AICarriers to .NET 4.0 operation. In my opinion, and this my personal experience only, bear in mind, it is more reliable, and uses fewer computer resources when functioning. ON MY Computer ONLY. I can't speak for others, nor have I done any real "benchmark" tests on it. Other than the foregoing, it's functionality is exactly the same as Lamont Clark's .EXE version.
I personally recommend it very strongly, but again, this my personal opinion only. :)

AICarriers for .NET may be found here:
https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases

Hope this helps some people a little :)
Other than that, a big thank you to ZOmb13 for his great work on this.
I thank him also for his Military service.
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2017, 05:34:57 pm »
I've been experimenting with jimmies FA-18C 15. X and 16.X version. When switching FCS modes the plane shoots up or down with little control. It's extremely hard to control on normal landings and carrier landings. Its probably my system but it to erratic for me.
Thus I've experimented with what FA-18 I have in my library and come to a conclusion that the best flying FA-18 if have is Sludge Hornet 2.0.
My question is what version of the Hornet Textures are compatible?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:36:43 pm by cobrales »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2017, 11:11:20 pm »
When switching FCS modes the plane shoots up or down with little control.
Just how do you "switch FCS modes"? You shouldn't need to DO any thing. It's all automatic.
All you need to is put the gear down, and set flaps full, and the FCS does the rest. Voila! PA mode. Are you doing something else?
Are you using the latest HornetFCS.dll that came with the v16.1? Did you let the autoinstaller install the correct C++ Redistributable 2015 for you? Do you see a FCS FAIL message in the HUD, or on a green banner at the top of the screen? Other than perhaps a brief flash as the plane is loading in? Are you actuating the Spin Recovery switch, or the A-A/A-G switch, either on the HUD Control Panel, or on the main control panel? Are you leaving the Master Arm switch on?
I'm just trying to solve the riddle here, as I fly the v16.1 very frequently, with no troubles like this at all. As far as I can tell, the transition from UA to PA mode is smooth as silk, and completely seamless. The controlability of the plane never changes, from mode to mode. Even going from UA to PA and then back to UA again, like during a go-around, or after FCLP practice, flying back to Whidbey, for example.
I fly over to Coupeville NOLF from Whidbey, thus UA mode, do bounces until my fuel is low, thus I'm in PA mode, and then I fly back to Whidbey, thus in UA mode, then do an overhead recovery at Whidbey, thus switching from UA to PA once again. I never once, during all those transitions, do I experience what you say you are.
I'd just like to try and help you solve this little mystery...
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2017, 08:55:24 am »
I've been experimenting with jimmies FA-18C 15. X and 16.X version. When switching FCS modes the plane shoots up or down with little control. It's extremely hard to control on normal landings and carrier landings. Its probably my system but it to erratic for me.
Thus I've experimented with what FA-18 I have in my library and come to a conclusion that the best flying FA-18 if have is Sludge Hornet 2.0.
My question is what version of the Hornet Textures are compatible?

Since the SLUDGE utilizes the default F/A-18 3D model that was included with Acceleration/Gold, any textures that were made for that version should be compatible.

Might want to try Simviation first...
http://simviation.com//

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

cobrales

« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2017, 08:05:02 pm »
Thanks Jimi.

Pat
I'm sure it's something on my end.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2017, 08:13:06 pm »
Ok :)

Just trying to lend a hand. If I can do anything to help give a shout. I am certainly no pro at this, but if I can help...

Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2017, 10:18:28 pm »
Pat

After reading your reply I went back and totally removed all of the my files concerning Jimmi's f18, all version. I saw his post were he had a 17.1 test f18. Downloaded it, installed it manually. I deleted all my trusted from my cfg file. Fired up fsx and made several passes at knuw (lived there 61 to 64, navy brat), several passes on carrier landings and take offs at each. Steady as a rock. Look forward to the 17. Release.

Ps I really do appreciate everyone's help and work you put into these jets. Flying is a release from my day to day fight with Parkinson's and my new battle with prostrate cancer.

Les "Cobrales" Pearson

PhantomTweak

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2017, 06:23:29 am »
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, Les. I certainly understand your feelings about flying, though.
Enjoy the Hornet! I sure do.
For a really "realistic" time flying around the boat, use AICarriers, and vLSO. Couple of small add-on programs that very much enhance the experience. Remember, use the newer AICarriers.NET, rather than the original. It seems to work a lot better on newer machines, and it seems that the original has some troubles with FSX:SE, which I have. I use the newer AIC, and haven't a lick o'trouble with it.
As to vLSO, it's amazing. Incredibly well written, although for some reason, those AI LSO's have it in for me, I swear...
:D :D
I can post links to them if you want.
Point is, HAVE FUN! :D
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2017, 09:30:31 am »
Pat

Use them every time I fly. Good programs.

Chappy

« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »
The download links are dead. Is there a mirror site when we can still download v2.0?

EDIT: Nevermind i think I've found it: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,8141.msg104553.html#msg104553
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:02:17 pm by Chappy »