Author Topic: Lost Airport Buildings  (Read 39781 times)

nigelgrant

Re: Lost Airport Buildings
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »
Umberto

I am no further ahead, played around with disabling ORBX people mover entries in my dll.xml but did not make any difference - still no buildings nor couatl menu. Tried Windowed mode of FSX and clicked on coutl.exe but nothing happened.

What about the couatl.log entry about stall at “bglmanx - non ready yet, waiting" - I notice others' logs get beyond this. Is this telling us anything.

Would you recommend I uninstall my ESET anti-virus and install Microsoft Security Essentials, following on from another posting - my ESET is due for renewal in a week, maybe I should be abandoning it.

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »
If you have Couatl logging, it means it's running, so the antivirus is not a problem. I'll send you a special version of the Addon Manager to check via PM.

Pooch

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2012, 02:06:48 pm »
Sorry to say, but I also have lost all my buildings (PHNL, Hawii 1+2, KDFW, LSZG) after GSX (trial) install.
In my case, however, Addon Manager and Couatl powered products menus are present in FSX. Above sceneries result active.
Also after deinstallation of GSX and reboot still no buildings. I ran updater for Addon Manager and Couatl but no change.
During installation antivirus was disabled, now FSX-folder is permanently excluded from scanning.
Thanks for any help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2012, 02:11:30 pm »
Sorry to say, but I also have lost all my buildings (PHNL, Hawii 1+2, KDFW, LSZG) after GSX (trial) install.

First, download install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after all the scenery NOW, and see if it changes.

If not, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.

Pooch

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2012, 03:19:23 pm »
Umberto, I have followed your indications. FSX is started as Admin by default. No buildings yet. GSX was/is NOT installed
Here comes the couatl.log

Peter

Pooch

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 11:36:26 pm »
I have my buildings back ! I checked a lot of things and found a corrupt FSX.cfg with an invalid entry for the SimObjects\Misc folder. Sorry for trouble!
I installed also GSX and it seems working, but it's too late now for more ....
During my troubleshooting I noticed some strange entry in my fsx.xml : Couatl results twice, once with short path, another with full path ( I attach the file ) - Is this normal and correct or should it be one entry only?
Grazie, Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 11:44:49 pm »
During my troubleshooting I noticed some strange entry in my fsx.xml : Couatl results twice, once with short path, another with full path ( I attach the file ) - Is this normal and correct or should it be one entry only?

No, it's not normal, you must have added the long path version yourself while trying, and forgot about it. Just leave the short path version.

nigelgrant

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 05:34:01 am »
Umberto

I hope this uploads the file for you

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 11:40:57 am »

You said your problem was fixed, and your log is absolutely normal, is there a reason why you wanted to be looked at it ?

And besides, it's best if you reinstall the Addon Manager, because the logging version of the .dll is slower and generate a log file that could take a lot of hdd space if you fly for more than a few minutes so, it's best not using it normally.

nigelgrant

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 03:54:19 pm »

You said your problem was fixed, and your log is absolutely normal, is there a reason why you wanted to be looked at it ?

No - my problem is not fixed, I started this thread on February 1 but many others have joined it.  If you track the Nigel entries, I have no buildings on any of my airports nor do I have the couatl menu.  I posted my couatl log which stopped at bglmanx

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »
  If you track the Nigel entries, I have no buildings on any of my airports nor do I have the couatl menu.  I posted my couatl log which stopped at bglmanx

Sorry, I must confused you with Pooch.

In any case, the bglmanx.log only show the two programs can't talk to each other. Are you sure the antivirus is not blocking Couatl now ?

To verify this, remove the Couatl.log you had, and launch FSX again, exit, and see if a new log is produced.

nigelgrant

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »
  If you track the Nigel entries, I have no buildings on any of my airports nor do I have the couatl menu.  I posted my couatl log which stopped at bglmanx

Sorry, I must confused you with Pooch.

In any case, the bglmanx.log only show the two programs can't talk to each other. Are you sure the antivirus is not blocking Couatl now ?

To verify this, remove the Couatl.log you had, and launch FSX again, exit, and see if a new log is produced.

Here are the contents of the Couatl.log - seemed to get a bit further this time.  ESET was coming up for renewal next week so I uninstalled ESET and installed Microsoft Security Essentials to give it a try - I have excluded the FSX files from the MSE scanning.

Couatl.log content:

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Tue Feb 07 08:28:04 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
Loading addons
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx

Nigel
Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »
Please do another log for bglmanx too, with the changed situation.

nigelgrant

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:20 pm »
Please do another log for bglmanx too, with the changed situation.

Here it is
Nigel

nigelgrant

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2012, 12:21:49 am »
Umberto

I now have Microsoft Security Essentialls installed, and have uninstaled ESET AV including using the clean out file for NOD32 - I turned off the anti-virus protection and the Windows Firewall, then I uninstalled  GSX and the Virualli AddonManager, rebooted the computer then reinstalled GSX and reinstalled the stand-alone Addon Manager, started up FSX to Geneva and still no buildings and no couatl menu or options. 

I have turned antivirus and firewall back on, and I have attached a zip file of the bglmanx.log created with your special bglmanx.dll file in the FSX root folder.

Where do I go from here I seem to have reached an impasse?  Windows 7 64bit

Nigel
Vancouver