Author Topic: Lost Airport Buildings  (Read 39602 times)

nigelgrant

Lost Airport Buildings
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:33:42 am »
Since installing GSX I have lost all airport buildings at Geneva, Zurich, Honolulu, Hawaii 1&2. Tried re-installing Geneva but did not make any difference

Nigel
Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost Airport Buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:35:56 am »
As usual, whenever you have problems, always install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. In this case, reinstall GSX first and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

If you still have issue, don't do anything and report back.

nigelgrant

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:23 am »
My note was incorrect, I didn't uninstall Geneva, I deactiveted it then restarted FSX and reactivated Geneva; if you don't reply otherwise I will try your advise.

Nigel

BernieFlyer

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 06:37:54 am »
I have lost my Honolulu buildings when I uninstalled GSX (with the keep Coutl option). Only way I have to now see the buildings is to re-install GSX. How can I get my buildings back without GSX?

Silverbird

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:43:43 am »
I have lost my Honolulu buildings when I uninstalled GSX (with the keep Coutl option). Only way I have to now see the buildings is to re-install GSX. How can I get my buildings back without GSX?

Hi Like Umberto said you can  install the stand alone add-on alone manger make sure the anti virus programs are not blocking it. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_phnl.html its right at the bottom/ below of were it says download fsx version the link is there.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

SlapTjip

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 10:37:18 am »
Mine all fixed.

Looks like teh GSX installer did some magic.

Hope you get those pesky buildings fixed.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:15:59 am by SlapTjip »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 10:47:59 am »
I am not having these problems with my other payware products.

I shelved the FSDT airport products and sadly won't buy GSX, my loss but till they fix this COMMON no building issue I refuse to continue buying their products.

You don't have such issues with other sceneries, because they don't have any features that require a software module to run, and the reason it's not the modules are bugged, but you have a PROBLEM in your system config, or ANOTHER product (antivirus, most common) that is preventing the software to run.

Once the cause is removed, you'll have the modules working without the need for any change in our software, which means it was already correct from the start.

The troubleshooting steps are not normally needed, but they are necessary to understand WHAT is causing the modules not running on YOUR system. There's no such thing as a common "no building" issue, the final effect (no buildings) might appear to the same, but the possible causes are many, which is why we can't just offer an universal solution, but we first need to know what, of the many possible causes, is the one the causes the problem on *your* system.

airforce806

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:43 pm »
When you say to reinstall GSX Umberto, do I uninstall it first then reinstall or just reinstall overtop of my current install?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »
It doesn't really make much difference, you can usually reinstall without uninstalling first.

But if you uninstall, and reply YES to the questions "do you want to remove the Addon manager?" and "do you want to remove the Couatl engine?", there will be more clean up made, which might fix some issues.

airforce806

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »
Sounds good, thank you!  This GSX is absolutely incredible.  Just loaded up SWA 2986 and on to KSFO.

nigelgrant

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 12:33:42 am »
As usual, whenever you have problems, always install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. In this case, reinstall GSX first and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

If you still have issue, don't do anything and report back.

No luck I am afraid.  I uninstalled Geneva, GSX and Addon Manager.  Re-installed Geneva, GSX and the downloaded Addon Manager, with anti-virus disabled.  No buildings at any FSDT airports, only jetways are showing.

Gor the following three messages duringthe installation process:

"Problem downloading AFD scenery list"

"There was a problem updating some sceneries, please try again later"

"Problem downloading Coautl plugins list"

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5518.0

The errors are not a problem, and don't have anything to do with your issue.

nigelgrant

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:29:14 am »
I seem to be getting nowhere fast; I still have no airport buildings in any of my FSDT sceneries – Geneva, Zurich, Honolulu,
Hawaii 1&2.

I stripped my scenery cfg file of all addon sceneries and left the FSDT sceneries and default only.  Still no airport buildings.

Coautl did not show up in my addons menu.

Strangely, I found an extra Virtuali AddonManagerX, dated 2010 in My Programs and Features folder so I uninstalled that and left version 2.9.0.1 in place. Still no airport buildings.

So I uninstalled this 2.9.0.1version of AddonManager, and re-downloaded it from your website.  I disabled my anti-virus (ESET) and reinstalled the AddonManager as administrator and there were no error messages as in my previous message, so the new download must have cured that, as you said it would. 

During installation, Addon Manager and Coautl were entered into my Modules folder. I excluded the files bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe, in my antivirus as instructed, re-enabled my anti-virus, launched FSX to Geneva but still no buildings nor a Couatl entry in the addon manager menu. 

My addon page within FSX is showing all 5 sceneries as installed and active, but strangely shows XPOI and GSX installed on a trial basis – I have not installed these, and GSX is showing up in the FSX/FSDreamTeam/Couatl folder.

But still no airport buildings, so what can you suggest now?

Nigel
Vancouver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »
My addon page within FSX is showing all 5 sceneries as installed and active, but strangely shows XPOI and GSX installed on a trial basis – I have not installed these, and GSX is showing up in the FSX/FSDreamTeam/Couatl folder.

So you DO have the Addon Manager in FSX, which means it's working. Do you also have the "Couatl powered products" menu too ?

nigelgrant

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »
but still no buildings nor a Couatl entry in the addon manager menu. 

No, there is no "Couatl powered products" menu showing

Nigel