Author Topic: Lost Airport Buildings  (Read 39529 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost Airport Buildings
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 01:30:11 pm »
Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it ?

nigelgrant

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 01:51:19 pm »
Have you been ASKED permission to run the Couatl module the first time you launched FSX after installing it ?

yes. this is the entry in the [Trusted] section of fsx.cfg

G:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.ntkebqwkckecnqeuaqznizzuqhblnezhlkaottzt=1

nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »
Let's see if it starts at lease, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.

nigelgrant

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 01:47:17 am »
Is it couatl (lower caseL), or couat1 (number one)
Nigel

eastern

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 01:52:06 am »
lower case couatl (L)

nigelgrant

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 03:51:08 am »
Let's see if it starts at lease, open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe

Launch FSX, go to any FSDT airport, when it finished loading, exit from FSX, check if you have a Couatl.log file in the fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and post its content here.

If you don't have the file, either be sure you followed this to the letter, or try running FSX As Administrator.

My original text couatl.log is still in the file couatl.ini which I created and put in the FSXroot/fsdreamteam/couatl folder, then launching FSX to Geneva as administrator

Nigel

sammyflyboy

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:09:14 am »
Hello. I have tried what Umberto said in the second post in this topic, and I still have no buildings, runway textures, but I still have jetways. Any suggestions on what to do next?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 11:30:13 am »
Sorry guys, I had to be more clear: that command doesn't automatically "fix" anything, it's a way to instruct Couatl to produce a log file that contains some informations for us to understand why is not working correctly.

If you done it correctly, you should see a Couatl.log file in the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder, and you are supposed to post it here.

If you don't see the Couatl.log file, either you haven't followed the instructions, or Couatl hasn't even started, which most likely it's because has been blocked for some reasons.

This is usually caused by:

- The antivirus, which is STILL blocking them, even if you excluded them

- You might inadvertently un-trusted "Virtuali" on your system so, anything signed by us will be automatically refused to run.

To verify this, you can go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be an "Authors" button, that will list the software authors that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted authors. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

nigelgrant

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »
Aha!  My file extensions were off so my couatl.ini in fact was couatl.ini.txt and that is why it didn't work.

Now I have a logfile and it reads:

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Fri Feb 03 12:27:47 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:46 pm »
Do you have the "Addon Manager" menu in the FSX menu bar ?

petedob

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 01:28:46 am »
I've lost my airport buildings also with the installation of GSX, but couldn't begin to diagnose the problem or determine what is wrong. How do I uninstall GSX and regain my FSDT KDFW & KLAS airports?

nigelgrant

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 01:36:16 am »
Do you have the "Addon Manager" menu in the FSX menu bar ?

yes!  On the FSX menu bar, the "add ons" menu includes "addon manager" which opens up to the various scenery activating options and configuration settings.  But no Couatl menu anywhere.

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 02:15:52 am »
yes!  On the FSX menu bar, the "add ons" menu includes "addon manager" which opens up to the various scenery activating options and configuration settings.  But no Couatl menu anywhere.

Which is strange, because Couatl is running, at least is able to produce a Log. Just to be sure, try to remove the Log file you posted before, and launch FSX again, and see if a new Log is created after you exit. Just to check if Couatl is still running *now*

nigelgrant

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 03:50:37 am »

Which is strange, because Couatl is running, at least is able to produce a Log. Just to be sure, try to remove the Log file you posted before, and launch FSX again, and see if a new Log is created after you exit. Just to check if Couatl is still running *now*

same as before:

couatl v2.0 (build 2290)
log started on Fri Feb 03 18:45:30 2012

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

Nigel

danroman

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 09:23:55 am »
For the folks who have no problem with GSX, I ask, "What anti-virus are you using?"   If you are using Avast, what settings do you have?
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).