Author Topic: Lost Airport Buildings  (Read 39563 times)

danroman

Re: Lost Airport Buildings
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 10:12:04 am »
OK, I got everything back.  For me, with Avast, while reinstalling GSX, I had to turn off three functions:  web shield, network shield.  It was a major issue and I was still getting the danger/block message from Avast.  I just kept hitting retry and eventually it all went in.  Clumsy, but I have KORD back and GSX is working like a charm.   

Cheers, hope it works for you.
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

nigelgrant

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:19 pm »
Maybe the previous message of Dan Roman may give some clues.  I use ESET NOD32 antivirus, which is popular with simmers because of its low resource usage.  I have Windows7 64bit OS.

I went into my ESET log file, and since starting with the installation of GSX, every installation has a similar error message highlighted in red, under the threat column:

“a variant of Win32/Packed.EnigmaProtector.F potentially unwanted application”
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:46:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:14 pm »
We sent samples of our executables to ESET more than a month ago, no reply so far.

Unfortunately, not all antivirus companies are the same, some of them are very fast removing false positives, some aren't, which is funny in this case, considering that ESET it's an Italian company, one would think they shouldn't have much trouble contacting us...

danroman

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 08:40:40 pm »
BTW, I got my paid version running and did a flight from KBUR to KSFO in a CRJ....   surprised and happy at the presence of GSX, even for a small jet....   You have done a remarkable job!
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

DiBarkis

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 09:01:27 pm »
For the folks who have no problem with GSX, I ask, "What anti-virus are you using?"   If you are using Avast, what settings do you have?

Also, is there anyone using microsoft security essentials? That's what I'm using, and GSX ain't working for me. If there's anyone, please what are your settings?

THanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »
Also, is there anyone using microsoft security essentials? That's what I'm using, and GSX ain't working for me. If there's anyone, please what are your settings?

This is what we use.

I normally exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning, but MSSE doesn't mistakenly flag our products as threats, even without *any* configuration, the only reason why I exclude the whole folder, is to speed up loading time.

DiBarkis

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 01:07:18 am »

This is what we use.

I normally exclude the whole FSX folder from scanning, but MSSE doesn't mistakenly flag our products as threats, even without *any* configuration, the only reason why I exclude the whole folder, is to speed up loading time.

Exactly what I have done. I excluded the entire FSX folder, to speed up loading time too. I've never received any flags either.

nigelgrant

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:23 am »
Umberto

I am not sure where I go from here, the lost buildings seems to be a problem for others as well as myself, and the couatl menu doesn’t appear to be showing up for lots as well. Are you working towards a resolution on this?

My five sceneries – Geneva, Zurich, Honolulu, Hawaii 1&2 were all working fine, until I installed GSX.  Now these five sceneries do not show airport buildings, whether GSX is installed or not – and I would like to get these back. 

It seems as though something in the GSX installation has messed things up.  I did not get any feedback from you on the couatl log entry – start-up seemed to stall at “bglmanx” - non ready yet, waiting; does that mean anything to you?

Where do you see the status of this issue at the present?

Nigel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2012, 02:36:57 am »
We believe it might be something related to the audio. Try to reinstall GSX, and then:

- Open the file at %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\Couatladdons.ini with Notepad

look the section [gsx], there should be several parameters related to timings like refueling time, etc. after the last one, add the following:

Disable=1

And save the modified file back.

This will run all the latest Addon Manager/Couatl but with GSX DISABLED, which is the only plugin that try to use the audio card. If your sceneries will now run, it would then very likely your problem is caused by some issues with the audio on your system.

nigelgrant

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2012, 07:37:51 am »
We believe it might be something related to the audio. Try to reinstall GSX, and then:

- Open the file at %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\Couatladdons.ini with Notepad

look the section [gsx], there should be several parameters related to timings like refueling time, etc. after the last one, add the following:

Disable=1

And save the modified file back.

This will run all the latest Addon Manager/Couatl but with GSX DISABLED, which is the only plugin that try to use the audio card. If your sceneries will now run, it would then very likely your problem is caused by some issues with the audio on your system.

Tried this but still no airport buildings or couatl menu. The file already had a disable=0 at the start of the GSX section and I made it disable=1

Nigel

robbo747

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:27 am »
I have also lost the menu plus the airport buildings of my DSFT scenery.

I tried reinstalling the addon manager but it kept producing error messages when trying to replace exsisting files during the installation, such as

Deletefile failed: code 5
Access is denied

I have checked the file permissions, and they all show the correct permissions.

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2012, 10:37:27 am »
I tried reinstalling the addon manager but it kept producing error messages when trying to replace exsisting files during the installation, such as

Access is denied

That error code means you tried to run the installer too quickly after FSX was still closing itself so, it locked some files for writing. A Windows reboot will fix it.

DiBarkis

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2012, 10:41:23 am »
I have also lost the menu plus the airport buildings of my DSFT scenery.

Access is denied

I have checked the file permissions, and they all show the correct permissions.

Rob

You're getting that error code because the couatl process is still running even though you've closed FSX.To stop that error code, you need to open task manager and go to the 'processes' tab, then select the 'couatl.exe 32*' and click on end process. Then you can retry the installation

DiBarkis

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2012, 10:44:02 am »

Access is denied

That error code means you tried to run the installer too quickly after FSX was still closing itself so, it locked some files for writing. A Windows reboot will fix it.

For some reason, the couatl installed by either the new addon manager or the gsx never stops running until you close it with task manager or you log off windows and log back on/reboot. but that doesn't happen with any  of the FSDT airports

robbo747

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2012, 11:29:27 am »
I have reinstalled the addon manager once I followed the above instructions to ctop the Courtl process.  I now have the Courtl menu back and the GSX services.

Thanks

Rob