Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75952 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #435 on: August 14, 2023, 01:08:39 pm »
Do you use FSRealistic ?

An user on the GSX creators server Discord reported a while ago that, when FSRealistic is loaded by the EXE.XML, the Couatl engine can't start automatically, even if it will work when started manually. Even if you don't have FSRealistic, another app might cause that.

That is, assuming you DO have the Couatl engine referenced in the EXE.XML. Its addition to the EXE.XML is done when installing GSX or when Relinking it. So, you might try Unlink/Relink in the FSDT Installer, so it will add again the EXE.XML lines, in case they have been lost for any reason.

hawkhero

« Reply #436 on: August 14, 2023, 10:29:45 pm »
Hi, I updated GSX to latest update 2 days ago. Now I get Couatl engine hasn’t started. If I start it manually it works. I never had this problem before. I even uninstalled GSX, removed all files left and reinstalled. No luck. How do I get it to start automatically again?
Thanks,
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #437 on: August 18, 2023, 11:21:26 am »
Now I get Couatl engine hasn’t started. If I start it manually it works.

If this is your case, you should have posted in the proper thread, the Sticky one about the program working normally, but not starting automatically. Check all the suggestions there and, first of all, check if you have the appropriate lines in your EXE.XML.

If you don't have the Couatl64_MSFS.exe line added to the EXE.XML, check this post here for a suggestion:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.msg195316.html#msg195316

HAK757

« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2023, 07:51:51 am »
Hi, im having the couatl engine hasn't started issue. I tried uninstall and reinstall also updated using offline installer. I started couatl from the desktop icon to get the log. Do you see any issues?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2023, 01:29:22 pm »
Hi, im having the couatl engine hasn't started issue. I tried uninstall and reinstall also updated using offline installer. I started couatl from the desktop icon to get the log. Do you see any issues?

Something is a bit strange in the log:

airportCacheOptimizeSearch enabled, excluding files larger than 20000000 bytes

GSX since SU12, doesn't use the airport cache anymore. Have you maybe enabled it manually ? If yes, remove this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl_MSFS.INI

so it will go back to all defaults, which would mean not using the airport cache anymore, and use the SU12 Navdata API

jpbrunaut

« Reply #440 on: September 13, 2023, 04:05:22 am »
Hi there, same problem here in the last few days. File attached. Thanks in advance.

HAK757

« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2023, 07:49:43 am »
Hi so i tried deleting the Couatl_MSFS.INI file and that didnt work but in going through previous posts i saw you suggested to Unlink/Relink in the FSDT Installer. I tried that and it now works for me. Thanks.

Jefford Choy

« Reply #442 on: November 06, 2023, 01:16:23 pm »
Everytime I tried to open the GSX settings, it pops up a message "GSX - Ground Services for Flight Simulator...". I am sure that Coutal is running before i opened the Flight Sim.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 01:22:23 pm by Jefford Choy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #443 on: November 06, 2023, 01:31:59 pm »
Everytime I tried to open the GSX settings, it pops up a message "GSX - Ground Services for Flight Simulator...". I am sure that Coutal is running before i opened the Flight Sim.

Something is very wrong on your log: you are using the latest version, but for some reason you are still using the legacy Airport Cache method, which has been discontinued since SU12.

The updater would normally disable it but, if you have enabled it back again by editing the Couatl_MSFS.INI manually to use it, it will respect your whishes but, we don't test it anymore, since the Navdata API method should the only one in use now.

So, first thing to do, is to revert the Couatl_MSFS.INI to default, by setting it to:

airportCache=0

Which is the default since SU12.

Jefford Choy

« Reply #444 on: November 07, 2023, 04:37:04 am »
I reverted the Couatl_MSFS.INI to default but the problem of unable to open GSX Pro settings persists.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #445 on: November 07, 2023, 11:30:28 am »
I reverted the Couatl_MSFS.INI to default but the problem of unable to open GSX Pro settings persists.

Your log is completely different, it just doesn't start. Please clarify, exactly, what you did to revert the Couatl_MSFS.INI file.

Jefford Choy

« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2023, 03:35:33 pm »
The way I did that is to open the Coutal_MSFS.ini file with Notepad, change the content to airportCache=0 and saved it, restarted Coutal and finally zipped the Coutal.log file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #447 on: November 07, 2023, 04:26:06 pm »
The way I did that is to open the Coutal_MSFS.ini file with Notepad, change the content to airportCache=0 and saved it, restarted Coutal and finally zipped the Coutal.log file

There must be some problem in the file. Just remove it.

Jefford Choy

« Reply #448 on: November 07, 2023, 04:41:57 pm »
Do you mean removing te .ini file or the .log file?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #449 on: November 07, 2023, 11:47:10 pm »
.INI of course, the one you edited.