Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 76060 times)

magriffin73

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2023, 05:44:35 pm »
I have read all of the forums on this topic and followed all instructions and it still will not start. As soon as I load up a flight I get the message in the beginning after pressing the the FLY button in MSFS. I have attached my zip file. Please advise thank you for your time.

MiguelAngel

« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2023, 06:07:18 pm »
Umberto, thank you for your kind attention. I guess GSX will load as you say, but when I click on its menu I get the message "Couatl scripting engine hasn't started", and I can't do anything with it.

But the very fact you have a log, proves the Couatl engine HAS started, otherwise how could it possibly created a log in the first place ? And the log shows it loaded completely with no errors, and recognized your airport.

And, there's no trace of you pressing the menu, as if something very wrong is happening in the communication between the Couatl engine and the menu, which requires a working Simconnect connection.

Are you using an AI traffic product with AI injection maybe ? These are known to be able to saturate Simconnect with so many commands and create so many objects that, after the maximum limit of objects visible in the sim, Simconnect itself become erratic and stops replying to commands, which might explain why, the program that is clearly running correctly, is not communicating with the menu.
You are right, Umberto. What's more, I have checked it in the Task Manager and, indeed, the Couatl scripting engine program appears. But believe me, even though GSX appears in the MSFS menu, if I click it, it always responds with the message "Couatl scripting engine hasn't started".

It is also true that I have installed the FBW installer in which there is a traffic injection function, but even if Couatl is not activated, it still has the same behavior. The A320 mod from these developers has stopped working for me.

Then, I also have the Fenix ​​A320 mod, which although I bought it I haven't used it yet because it doesn't work either.

The bug in both mods is that while the joystick and throttle buttons work, the axes don't. That's why I fly with the sad native MSFS A320.

My equipment is a Rayzen 9 with RTX 4080 and W11. Since I have this equipment both GSX and FBW and Fenix ​​have stopped working.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 12:26:55 pm by MiguelAngel »

MiguelAngel

« Reply #332 on: March 06, 2023, 08:17:12 pm »
Umberto, the problem has not been solved yet. Just today updated and followed the steps outlined in the previous posts.

With this I'm sending you three versions of the COUATL file: couatl.zip (MSFS boot, airport load, test menu that still doesn't work throwing the message we already know); couatl (2).zip (after clicking the program Start Couatl for GSX MSFS as administrator, test menu in GSX with the same result) and couatl (3) (MSFS output).

See what you see in them. I wait your answer thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2023, 02:36:50 am »
Umberto, the problem has not been solved yet. Just today updated and followed the steps outlined in the previous posts.

In your previous post, you said:

It is also true that I have installed the FBW installer in which there is a traffic injection function, but even if Couatl is not activated, it still has the same behavior. The A320 mod from these developers has stopped working for me.

Then, I also have the Fenix ​​A320 mod, which although I bought it I haven't used it yet because it doesn't work either.

The bug in both mods is that while the joystick and throttle buttons work, the axes don't. That's why I fly with the sad native MSFS A320.

If I understood this correctly, both the FBW and the Fenix have stopped to work (even without starting Couatl/GSX), so they all seems to be affected equally by the same underlying problem like GSX so, clearly, your problem is not GSX, which is just another victim of it, together with the FBW320 and the Fenix.

wilkart

« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2023, 10:14:36 pm »
Could not create the log file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2023, 11:33:59 am »
Could not create the log file.

The log has been created, but the program stopped for one of the following reasons:

- The antivirus blocked it. Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

- The simulator Simconnect connection is not working correctly for some reason, most likely case the usage of AI traffic products using AI Injection, but that's only the most common case, there might be others we don't know of.

CaptainFry

« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2023, 10:27:54 pm »
I can't start it either . Get this file when I try to manually start it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2023, 11:16:46 pm »
I can't start it either . Get this file when I try to manually start it

That seems to confirm the antivirus has corrupted it, because it mistakenly flagged it as a threat, so it ruined it trying to remove a non-existent virus. Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions, then run the FSDT Live Update again.

CaptainFry

« Reply #338 on: March 21, 2023, 11:38:53 pm »
I added the addon manager to Anti Virus and did an update still shows corruption. The couatl64_P3D.exe works
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:41:42 pm by CaptainFry »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #339 on: March 21, 2023, 11:40:09 pm »
I added the addon manager to Anti Virus and did an update still shows corruption

You might have got a bad download, try to remove the .exe file manually and run the FSDT Live Update again. Or try the Offline installer linked in the Sticky thread of this forum.

CaptainFry

« Reply #340 on: March 21, 2023, 11:49:18 pm »
I manually deleted it and did an update still same results. Hopefully your team can fix it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #341 on: March 21, 2023, 11:50:17 pm »
I manually deleted it and did an update still same results. Hopefully your team can fix it

There's nothing to fix, since it doesn't happen to anybody except you.  And,  you don't say if you tried the Offline installer, as suggested.

How large is the .exe file, in bytes ?

CaptainFry

« Reply #342 on: March 21, 2023, 11:54:15 pm »
says 4kb

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2023, 11:57:45 pm »
says 4kb

That's confirms it's either a bad download or the antivirus corrupted it, since it's really 8MB. Can you ZIP it and attach it to a post, so I can check it ? And, you still haven't said if you tried the suggestion to use the Offline installer.

CaptainFry

« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2023, 12:02:01 am »
ATTACHED ZIP. Where is offline installer?