Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 76002 times)

ajmeijer

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2022, 03:27:04 pm »
I ran RESTORO. Let it clean and now Couatl and Fsuipc are starting with MSFS2020

Kjelle

« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2022, 02:47:37 pm »
Hello. I can not started GSX. I send here my lofile.

Kjelle

Kjelle

« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2022, 03:00:36 pm »
Hello. I can not started GSX. I can read: Couatle engine can not started.
Here is my logfile:

walouigi

« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2022, 07:59:50 pm »
Hi all,
Sorry I just find out that I need to post here instead on the forum , sorry for the repeat post.
I just got GSX Pro yesterday, and unfortunately for me it is not working, I tried al suggestion on the forum and nothing is working.
Please see attached zip file. I have used GSX with P3D and it was error only on exceptional basis, but now every flight.
I hope you guys can a find a cure, because it is a great product.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2022, 10:34:59 am »
Here is my logfile

That's not your logfile, it's the .ini you edited to create a log. the log file is called Couatl.LOG

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2022, 10:37:12 am »
Please see attached zip file. I have used GSX with P3D and it was error only on exceptional basis, but now every flight.

You posted all files except the one we need, that is the Couatl.LOG file, which you should have, since from you .INI file, I see logging is enabled. The .err file is from an old session before you enabled logging, and doesn't contain enough detail about the error.

Kjelle

« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2022, 03:43:35 pm »
Here is my logfile.
Kjelle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2022, 03:45:19 pm »
Here is my logfile.

Other users with a similar problem ( program stuck with nothing logged after the initial connection to the sim ), have reported to have fixed this by configuring the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

Kjelle

« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2022, 03:58:53 pm »
I have try this but my antivirusprogram McAfee refuses take Addon Manager to antivirus exclusions.

Kjelle

« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2022, 04:03:15 pm »
I have also turned off the McAfee and run GSX with no success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2022, 04:05:37 pm »
I have try this but my antivirusprogram McAfee refuses take Addon Manager to antivirus exclusions.

If you mean the antivirus doesn't allow to exclude a whole folder, which is a known limitation of many free versions of commercial antivirus, the only possible suggestion is to switch to a more reliable antivirus, because being able to exclude a complete folder is a crucial feature for an antivirus product.

The default Windows Defender that comes free with Windows allows that, so there's no reason to use a 3rd party product that, not only mistakenly blocks a legit program as a threat, but doesn't even give you the means to fix its bug with an exclusion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2022, 04:07:17 pm »
Shortly, Couatl does not start automatically after I start MSFS, and it still does not appear in the taskbar. For GSX to work, I must run Couatl manually and restart via taskbar after MSFS is opened.

But this is not a GSX problem!! It's a known MSFS bug that some time doesn't start programs in the EXE.XML, which of course has been discussed in the Sticky thread named "Couatl starts manually, but not automatically with the simulator"

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26924.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2022, 04:10:39 pm »
I have also turned off the McAfee and run GSX with no success.

Disabling an antivirus is not very useful, that's why we never suggest to Disable, but configure it to add the Addon Maneger folder to the Exclusions.

Antivirus are never really disabled. Unless you uninstall them completely, their low-level service is always running and we confirmed multiple times that, if a bugged antivirus is fixated to flag something as a threat, it will block it even when it looks "disabled".

McAfee is one of the worse offenders when false positives are concerned, and they intentionally crippled the free version without the ability to add folder Exclusions only to give you an incentive to upgrade to the commercial version.

If you want a free antivirus, just use Windows Defender, works perfectly fine.

walouigi

« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2022, 05:38:34 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Sorry to be late on my response, I will add for you the file you are looking for as soon as I get back home from work.
Thanks so much once again
Hani

jkanold

Re: Ctloua engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2022, 06:57:34 pm »
I find, that if I start Couatl before entering the Sim, everything works fine. If you choose "Reset Position" you loose Couatl and you may have to start it numerous times to get it working again.
 Choosing "Position Aircraft" causes no problems with Couatl which is a good way to end any Menu choice in progress if you are tired of waiting for the task to complete.