Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 75964 times)

Striezelr

Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2022, 08:56:24 am »
Hello, so here is the log file... not too much inside. just simconnect, than it disappears again from the traybar. And no suggestions like reinstall everything, use offline installer at the end, use admin rights, disengage all security apps... I did all this since 4 days now

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2022, 11:22:37 am »
Hello, so here is the log file... not too much inside. just simconnect, than it disappears again from the traybar. And no suggestions like reinstall everything, use offline installer at the end, use admin rights, disengage all security apps... I did all this since 4 days now

A previous poster had the same identical problem of the one in you log, and he fixed by configuring the Antivirus:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg178966.html#msg178966

DO NOT "Disable" the antivirus but, instead, CONFIGURE it to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the EXCLUSIONS.

Westtomfc

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2022, 11:57:03 am »
The universal installer just says in bottom right MSfs not installed even though it is. How can I fix this?

Could you please answer my questions please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2022, 12:00:37 pm »
The universal installer just says in bottom right MSfs not installed even though it is. How can I fix this? Could you please answer my questions please?

I already replied to your question multiple times: you must have missed something when you reinstalled MSFS, so your user profile is not showing the right installation path.

And, you should NOT post about this in this thread, which is "Couatl engine hasn't started", when your problem doesn't have anything to do with it, since your issue really is MSFS is not even detected by the instraller.

andrewchan97

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2022, 01:42:21 pm »
There might be several reasons why it didn't complete ( in your case it seems it tried to start, but it didn't ), like access denied to the Community folder, antivirus interference, etc. I see your locale is Chinese, do you have an user name with non-ascii characters in ?

There is no non-ascii charaters in every related folder. Is there any solution to solve this problem? I have already excluded the addon manager folder in antivirus software. I also tried to run couatl as administrator. But neither of them is effective to me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 01:45:43 pm by andrewchan97 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2022, 01:48:51 pm »
There is no non-ascii charaters in every related folder

That's why I said "there might be several reasons why it didn't complete", based on your log, the only thing that seemed unusual was the locale reported by Windows just said "C" instead of the full name of the regional settings.

Are you sure there are no non-ascii characters anywhere in the path to the Community folder, not even in your user account name ?

Westtomfc

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2022, 05:41:22 pm »
Where can I put the question because this is your software that's not working
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 05:45:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2022, 05:48:32 pm »
Where can I put the question because this is your software that's not working

Surely NOT HERE, because your issue is not relate to this thread, your issue is the installer doesn't detect your MSFS.

And it's NOT "our software not working", you said yourself it worked, then you "pasted" you MSFS, and now it cannot detect it anymore so, clearly, you must have made some kind of mistake with this "pasting", because the installer obviously DID detect the sim, before your "pasting".

DO NOT reply here, but open a new thread, with a proper title, and describe precisely what you did to move your MSFS installation, which has caused the problem.

ogeidni

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2022, 10:01:29 pm »
Hey There!

I also attached my couatl.zip file...Hope you can help me after trying and trying and trying to fix the issue.

Thanks for your quick help.

Kind regards

tbaac

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2022, 10:59:47 pm »
Hi

I've reinstalled a few times and run the Live Update a bunch of times (although it seems to crash).

But I'm still getting this error, as shown in the attached log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\mpmenu.py", line 123, in emulateMenu_MSFS
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'I:\\Microsoft Flight Simulator\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/menu'
{'Airport': 'EGPA', 'User Pos': (58.95591675860748, -2.9058557398822544, 14.4456 m, 1.1697 m, 239.97149190274993, 0.011479154229164124, 0.008726646192371845, -0.007968676244696849, 1.1673839767456056, 1.0)}

Does GSX Pro for MSFS need Sode installing?  It linked to it, but Sode only seemed relevant for FSX and P3D from what I could see.
Also presumably if Sode was the problem then it would show a better error message than this.
Thanks.

airac971

« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2022, 12:38:59 pm »
I have a problem with the way the system works, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I'm not sure how to fix it, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is this an error? Thank you for your feedback and your future solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2022, 02:46:32 pm »
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'I:\\Microsoft Flight Simulator\\Packages/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/menu'
{'Airport': 'EGPA', 'User Pos': (58.95591675860748, -2.9058557398822544, 14.4456 m, 1.1697 m, 239.97149190274993, 0.011479154229164124,

This error indicates an incomplete installation, since that file is surely installed, are both gsx packages linked to the Community folder ?

tbaac

« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2022, 06:27:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I have links starting fsdreamteam... in I:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\

fsdreamteam-gsx-pro
    I:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro
fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways
    I:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways

I can go into the fsdreamteam-gsx-pro link and eventually get down to this folder:
    I:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro\html_ui\InGamePanels\FSDT_GSX_Panel\

In there is a file named 'menu'.

Thanks

edit:  Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.  Both gsx packages are linked to from the Community folder.
But it is weird how the path shown in the log contains 'MSFS'.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 10:40:33 pm by tbaac »

tbaac

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2022, 01:07:49 am »
Weird, so looking at the path that it was trying to use to 'menu', I did this:
- Created a folder in Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\ named 'MSFS'
- Went into the new folder as an admin and ran these commands:
   - mklink /D fsdreamteam-gsx-pro "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro"
   - mklink /D fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways"

(these are in addition to the similar links already in the Community folder)

Now when I click the  'Start Couatl for GSX MSFS' link
and then click GSX in the toolbar, it doesn't crash!

Instead I get a dialog: 'Warp to Trial Mode airport'

Has it lost my license?
I checked my license on the fsdreamteam website and it says that it has been used on this computer.

How can I get it to see my license please?
Thanks.

edit: When I open the FSDT Universal Installer, it shows GSX Pro with a 'Deactivate' button, doesn't that mean that it is activated/licensed?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 12:41:31 pm by tbaac »

andrewchan97

« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2022, 04:30:02 pm »

Are you sure there are no non-ascii characters anywhere in the path to the Community folder, not even in your user account name ?

Finally, It seems there are two airports conflicted with each other. After i removed one of them, problem resolved. Hope this would be helpful.