Author Topic: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**  (Read 52649 times)

FrozenMalibu

[P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »
Hey there!

First of all I would like to thank you for activating my account here. I am interested in GSX for P3D V3.1 and downloaded it for testing at the free airports. Starting P3D after the installation shows me this error:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160104/foz3nja7.png
After pressing OK P3D is closing. Installation and starting P3D was done with admin rights.

I started searching for errors like this in your forum and found a way to deal with that error but at FSX.

It was changing the order of launching addons in the dll.xml. Checking this showed me that the order is correct:

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160104/y5gkzkm9.png

At searching for the folder I found this two folders which seem to got installed by your installationsoftware. This caused amazement because I never had P3D v2 installed...  ???

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160104/fbun7k93.png

A repair installation did not help. I hope that the amount of information is enough and can help you at finding a solution.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:23:59 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:42 am »
I started searching for errors like this in your forum and found a way to deal with that error but at FSX.

This thread refers to P3D:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.msg97548.html#msg97548

The cause it's the same: another addon that uses an outdated Simconnect library (one that was made for FSX RTM or FSX SP1), has forced the sim to load that outdated version instead of the correct one (FSX SP2), used by our modules and many others too.

FrozenMalibu

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:55:03 pm »
Thanks for the answer!

-SP2 SimConnect is installed
-The dll.xml order is correct and
-the addons from the list I use are PMDG and FSUIPC which shouldn't cause the problem

What about Active Sky Next? Does this affect to SimConnect?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 10:31:59 pm »
What about Active Sky Next? Does this affect to SimConnect?

No idea, since I don't have it so I couldn't test it in the thread I linked in the other post. However, one fact is clear:

SOMETHING is calling an outdated FSX Simconnect, and the sim is stuck with it, there's no question about it.

The SimConnect_text() API call is included ONLY in the FSX SP1 and SP2 versions, and it wasn't in the RTM version so, if it cannot be found, it can only happen because the sim has loaded an older version under request from another module that requires it.

Of course, another possible explanation is that the FSX SP2 version has been installed, but it has gone missing/corrupt, which sometimes happens. In this case, you might try to reinstall it this way:

- Boot Windows in Safe Mode

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder.

- Reboot Windows

- Reinstall the Simconnect client from here:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\Simconnect.MSI
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:06:24 pm by virtuali »

dizza

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:35:45 am »
I am having the same exact issue today, however I am running P3D 3.0 and my sim was running fine this morning for hours, but when I launched it again this evening those errors appeared.

Following the advice posted, I've booted into safe mode, removed the simconnect folder mentioned, reinstalled from the P3D redist folder and still having issues.

Now when I launch P3D, none of my addons (FSDT, EZdok, vPilot) are loading in the sim, I only see FSUIPC in the addons menu.

Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 12:09:52 am »
Now when I launch P3D, none of my addons (FSDT, EZdok, vPilot) are loading in the sim, I only see FSUIPC in the addons menu.

That clearly indicates you have a problem with Simconnect that is not related in any way to FSDT, since other modules are also affected by it. FSUIPC loads whatever Simconnect version is available dynamically. 

Since we require the FSX SP2 version, we rely on it being installed properly and, it seems the same problem affects your other addons too, which probably also require the FSX SP2 version of Simconnect.

Note that, the FSX SP2 version of Simconnect also has a dependency from the Visual Studio 2005 runtime library, so it's possible your issue might be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling them, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78015.html#msg78015

dizza

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 12:47:59 am »

That clearly indicates you have a problem with Simconnect that is not related in any way to FSDT, since other modules are also affected by it. FSUIPC loads whatever Simconnect version is available dynamically. 

Since we require the FSX SP2 version, we rely on it being installed properly and, it seems the same problem affects your other addons too, which probably also require the FSX SP2 version of Simconnect.

Note that, the FSX SP2 version of Simconnect also has a dependency from the Visual Studio 2005 runtime library, so it's possible your issue might be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling them, as explained here:

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I wasn't having issues with any other addons, only the FSDT related ones initially getting the Simconnect_Text error, only later did almost all of the addons get affected once I followed the instructions you gave about removing the installed SimConnect files and removing the directories under the \WinSxS folders within Safe Mode. Once I did that reinstalled the SimConnect files again per your instructions is when all hell broke lose with everything else being affected.

I am not getting the SimConnect_Text error anymore, but none of the addons are working and I get a popup stating: Couatl.exe - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004). Click OK to close the application" when I start P3D.

dizza

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 06:21:28 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify, I wasn't having issues with any other addons, only the FSDT related ones initially getting the Simconnect_Text error, only later did almost all of the addons get affected once I followed the instructions you gave about removing the installed SimConnect files and removing the directories under the \WinSxS folders within Safe Mode. Once I did that reinstalled the SimConnect files again per your instructions is when all hell broke lose with everything else being affected.

I am not getting the SimConnect_Text error anymore, but none of the addons are working and I get a popup stating: Couatl.exe - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0150004). Click OK to close the application" when I start P3D.

At much more troubleshooting, I noticed that when installing the Simconnect files from under the P3D installation folder, the simconnect.dll files were not being placed under the WinSxS folder structure. I tried several different sources of the Simconnect installation files, but none of them would install under WinSxS. I finally resorted to pulling out my FSX installation DVDs and installed FSX. That did the trick to get the Simconnect files installed under WinSxS.

But now I am back to the error of bglmanx.dll with "the procedure entry point SimConnect_Text could not be located in the dynamic link library simconnect.dll".

Any suggestions now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »
once I followed the instructions you gave about removing the installed SimConnect files and removing the directories under the \WinSxS folders within Safe Mode. Once I did that reinstalled the SimConnect files again per your instructions is when all hell broke lose with everything else being affected.

If you removed all Simconnect, you must reinstall ALL of them, not just the SP2 version!

dizza

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 03:16:57 am »
once I followed the instructions you gave about removing the installed SimConnect files and removing the directories under the \WinSxS folders within Safe Mode. Once I did that reinstalled the SimConnect files again per your instructions is when all hell broke lose with everything else being affected.

If you removed all Simconnect, you must reinstall ALL of them, not just the SP2 version!

Which I DID. I was showing only the ESP version of Simconnect in the WinSxS folder, things still didn't work so I got that one out as well. Re-Installed P3Dv3, which put that one back. The others like I said had to be installed from sources other than the P3D folder, because those installers would never put the files into the WinSxS folders.

If I remove the bglmanx.dll loading section from the dll.xml file, P3D starts up just fine without errors, however none of the addons show up.

FrozenMalibu

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 03:40:09 pm »
I found someone who fixed the problem with deleting the encoding="windows-1252"? from the dll.xml

The solution was that P3D was starting succesfully but AddonManager didn't show up in the Addon tab. Can someone confirm this? Is this because of the trial version or is the solution just bad?

dizza

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 12:34:00 am »
I found someone who fixed the problem with deleting the encoding="windows-1252"? from the dll.xml

The solution was that P3D was starting succesfully but AddonManager didn't show up in the Addon tab. Can someone confirm this? Is this because of the trial version or is the solution just bad?

That does nothing to fix the error with the bglmanx.dll file loading with P3D unfortunately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 02:00:24 pm »
That does nothing to fix the error with the bglmanx.dll file loading with P3D unfortunately.

Of course it doesn't, because that problem with XML encoding (which was caused by an outdated version of Active Sky Next), would prevent the sim from even *attempting* loading the .DLL, so it will just not load, but with no error message.

Instead, your problem, is that the OLDER FSX Simconnect (the RTM version) is correctly installed, but the latest ones are not.

The Simconnect RTM version is the only one that doesn't contain the Simconnect_text API call. The SP1 and the SP2/Xpack version contains that function (which is REQUIRED by the Addon Manager) so, I can only repeat and confirm the reason for this error is that the FSX Simconnect SP2/Xpack version is not installed correctly in your system.

Also, re-read my previous replies about the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes  missing. They are also required by the FSX Simconnect SP2 client.

dizza

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 04:23:37 pm »

Of course it doesn't, because that problem with XML encoding (which was caused by an outdated version of Active Sky Next), would prevent the sim from even *attempting* loading the .DLL, so it will just not load, but with no error message.

Instead, your problem, is that the OLDER FSX Simconnect (the RTM version) is correctly installed, but the latest ones are not.

The Simconnect RTM version is the only one that doesn't contain the Simconnect_text API call. The SP1 and the SP2/Xpack version contains that function (which is REQUIRED by the Addon Manager) so, I can only repeat and confirm the reason for this error is that the FSX Simconnect SP2/Xpack version is not installed correctly in your system.

Also, re-read my previous replies about the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes  missing. They are also required by the FSX Simconnect SP2 client.

I have the VC++ runtimes installed, but for the sake of additional troubleshooting, I downloaded them all again and reinstalled this morning. Still no luck fixing the issues.

All 4 (including the ESP version) of Simconnect were installed, in the add/remove programs control panel only 2 show up, however under WinSxS, they are all showing there.

Is there any kind of SimConnect installation validator tool to verify that everything is in place that is needed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 05:06:48 pm »
I have the VC++ runtimes installed, but for the sake of additional troubleshooting, I downloaded them all again and reinstalled this morning. Still no luck fixing the issues.

From your screenshot, it looks like you haven't installed all the VC++ 2005 runtimes, because you have several versions of the x64 runtimes (which are NOT used by FSX or P3D, since they are 32 bit apps), and only ONE version of the 32 bit version and, if that one is not the SP1 (VC++ 2005 SP1, not FSX SP1...), Simconnect won't work, because it requires the VC++ 2005 SP1 version.

Download and install the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable, the x86 version. Yes, even if your OS is 64 bit, for 32 bit apps to be working, you need to download the 32 bit (called x86) version of the runtimes.