Author Topic: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**  (Read 52641 times)

Brad Mitchell

Re: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:41 pm »
I have read and re-read all the above and links within threads and more links within those threads. Still have this issue also, and have not changed anything in my P3D v3.1 accept I updated PMDG 777, any other suggestions? And yes GSX was working after the updated 777

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 02:13:33 pm »
This thread indicates all the possible causes, which in fact can only be two:

1) Your Simconect SP2/Xpack installation has a problem and has gone corrupted/missing, and the thread here indicates several possible solutions.

OR

2) Another library that is *required* by Simconnect SP2/Xpack has gone corrupted/missing. It's most likely the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable runtime, which must be installed correctly too. This thread also discussed about the VC++ runtimes, in the previous post.

dizza

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 04:07:28 pm »
I have the VC++ runtimes installed, but for the sake of additional troubleshooting, I downloaded them all again and reinstalled this morning. Still no luck fixing the issues.

From your screenshot, it looks like you haven't installed all the VC++ 2005 runtimes, because you have several versions of the x64 runtimes (which are NOT used by FSX or P3D, since they are 32 bit apps), and only ONE version of the 32 bit version and, if that one is not the SP1 (VC++ 2005 SP1, not FSX SP1...), Simconnect won't work, because it requires the VC++ 2005 SP1 version.

Download and install the VC++ 2005 SP1 redistributable, the x86 version. Yes, even if your OS is 64 bit, for 32 bit apps to be working, you need to download the 32 bit (called x86) version of the runtimes.

Did as you suggested, re-downloaded VC++ 2005 runtimes and the SP1 redistributable x86 and still having the error.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 09:36:23 pm »
Did as you suggested, re-downloaded VC++ 2005 runtimes and the SP1 redistributable x86 and still having the error.

Try to install BOTH x86 and x64 versions. Your screenshot shows you only reinstalled the x86 versions. You might try to use the Depends utility over fsdreamteam\bglmanx.dll

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Use the x86 version and open bglmanx.dll. It will likely tell you which system libraries are missing/corrupted on your system. This won't FIX your problem automatically, but you should at least know WHAT's causing it.

Brad Mitchell

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 04:15:46 am »
Okay, I fixed the issue for me, hope it helps....   

1 - Uninstalled all simconnect versions
2 - removed all simconnect.dll  listed entries from the registry
3 - reboot
4 - Install again (lol) simconnect all flavors

Hope this helps, it was removing the registry entries that did it for me

dizza

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 06:53:34 am »

Try to install BOTH x86 and x64 versions. Your screenshot shows you only reinstalled the x86 versions. You might try to use the Depends utility over fsdreamteam\bglmanx.dll

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Use the x86 version and open bglmanx.dll. It will likely tell you which system libraries are missing/corrupted on your system. This won't FIX your problem automatically, but you should at least know WHAT's causing it.

Installed any missing Visual C++ 2005 runtimes (x86 and x64).

Downloaded and ran Dependency Walker, opened d:\Prepar3d v3\bglmanx.dll, which resulted in the following modules showing as missing:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 09:28:34 pm »
Those error are not the problem, but check if you have other errors, and see the reply here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12344.msg97781.html#msg97781

RVxSpeed

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 07:11:38 am »
I am getting exact same errors  posted by dizza.
Just updated p3d v3 to 3.1 & also pmdg 777.
nothing else has been altered.tried all the solution on this thread & other thread.
this is definitely an issue with addon manager.because if i remove the entry of bglmanx the entire quote.the simulator starts without problem but of course it means i can no longer use GSX(the only product installed on my system).
i am requesting to have a deep look into this because it seems a lot of people are now experiencing the problem.currently the only way to start p3d v3.1 is to disable fsdt addon manager/gsx completely.
before virtuali suggest me to install all those libraries once again.just to let you know i have done those.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 08:34:53 am »
Okay, I fixed the issue for me, hope it helps....   

1 - Uninstalled all simconnect versions
2 - removed all simconnect.dll  listed entries from the registry
3 - reboot
4 - Install again (lol) simconnect all flavors

Hope this helps, it was removing the registry entries that did it for me
can u explain what did you mean by "2 - removed all simconnect.dll  listed entries from the registry"

Brad Mitchell

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »
can u explain what did you mean by "2 - removed all simconnect.dll  listed entries from the registry"

What I did was search the registry with the keyword "simconnect" delete the folder entry and repeat using F3, reboot.  Make sure you back up your registry before deleting anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »
this is definitely an issue with addon manager.

This is NOT an Addon Manager issue. The reason why, has been explained many times already in this thread.

because if i remove the entry of bglmanx the entire quote.the simulator starts without problem

That's because none of the other 3rd party modules you use (assume you use other 3rd party modules) requires the Simconnect_text() function call, which is only included in Simconnect SP1 and SP2 version.

The Simconnect_text() function call, instead, is NOT included in the original Simconnect RTM.

THAT'S the reason of the error message: the sim cannot load the Simconnect SP2 version (required by bglmanx.dll) for some reason, but IT IS loading the old RTM version and, since that one doesn't contain the Simconnect_text() function call, it gives you that message, because bglmanx.dll REQUIRES IS.

Of course, it's far from being the only 3rd party addon module that requires Simconnect_text() (it's the standard function that prints on the top green line), but if you don't have any of these installed, you are mislead thinking it's an "Addon Manager issue", because you don't see the error anymore, but the problem is NOT the Addon Manager.

The problem is your sim stuck with the outdated Simconnect RTM. That's the ONLY problem you have.

before virtuali suggest me to install all those libraries once again.just to let you know i have done those.

I will always suggest to reinstall the libraries, because that IS the problem and there's simply nothing we can do on our side to automatically fix your sim not being able to load the Simconnect SP2 version.

But as I've said, and as confirmed by other users that posted here, it's not ALWAYS possible to fix this by just reinstalling. In some cases you'll have to do remove all Simconnect libraries manually in SAFE MODE, then reinstall.

And, last user that posted and replied to you, said in his case he had to also clear the registry from the Simconnect entries, and then reinstall

RVxSpeed

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 04:23:12 pm »
i already said that i did all those simconnect libraries install.it didn't solve the problem.i will try to delete simconnect libraries in safe mode but i need to know how to delete registry for simconnect entries.
& i am very very disappointed at FSDT. people who are having these issues have common addons e.g. ASN,PMDG777,REX4.before saying a product is fully compatible with release,i think developer should test it more thoroughly before final release.
& i am sorry i can't agree with you.even what u r saying regarding the simconnect behavior.there should have been a release note regarding this issue in the first place with the latest gsx release.
because honestly the fact is users are unable to even start the simulator just because of a simple addon conflict is a catastrophic failure.
& i am sorry everyone for being angry.but,at this point i am very angry with FSDT.Simply because we have works to do other than solving some stupid libraries conflict which wasn't suppose to happen & it was the job of developer to make sure smooth experience as user end.
ban me or whatever u like to do.but,as a paid user i do have right to ask proper product support that i paid in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:01:41 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 05:13:10 pm »
i already said that i did all those simconnect libraries install.it didn't solve the problem.

And I already said that this doesn't ALWAYS fix the problem.

i will try to delete simconnect libraries in safe mode but i need to know how to delete registry for simconnect entries.

The other user that replied to you, which I also pointed it out, already explained how he did it. I'll copy it here, again:

What I did was search the registry with the keyword "simconnect" delete the folder entry and repeat using F3, reboot.  Make sure you back up your registry before deleting anything.

i am very very disappointed at FSDT. people who are having these issues have common addons e.g. ASN,PMDG777,REX4.before saying a product is fully compatible with release,i think developer should test it more thoroughly before final release.

GSX is 100% Fully compatible with P3D 3.1, and it has obviously tested with it ( I don't have any other P3D version installed ), but you cannot expect it would FIX your SIMCONNECT PROBLEM that doesn't have anything to do with it.

i am sorry i can't agree with you.even what u r saying regarding the simconnect behavior.there should have been a release note regarding this issue in the first place with the latest gsx release.

There's shouldn't be any release note, because a failure to load Simconnect SP2 is NOT something that is supposed to happen, and it's not obviously caused by our software, which is instead a VICTIM of it, but that we are supporting anyway, even if it's not caused by any of our software or installers.

because honestly the fact is users are unable to even start the simulator just because of a simple addon conflict is a catastrophic failure.

The error message you see, is NOT coming from the Addon Manager. It's coming from Windows itself, because Simconnect SP2 is not loading, so P3D doesn't start because of this. Under FSX, if Simconnect fails to load, the affected addons will just disappear but sim will continue to load. This seems to be a different behavior in P3D, which is of course outside our control.

i am sorry everyone for being angry.but,at this point i am very angry with FSDT.Simply because we have works to do other than solving some stupid libraries conflict which wasn't suppose to happen & it was the job of developer to make sure smooth experience as user end.

Your problem is that Simconnect SP2 is not loading. There's nothing we can do to fix this, other then tell you different ways to fix it, which is exactly what we did.

The real problem is the official Simconnect installer doesn't seem able to restore every issue, and sometimes you must act manually, as already suggested by the other user.

I hope you are not suggesting OUR installer should try to replace the Microsoft one and trying to hack your registry and fix things!!

ban me or whatever u like to do.but,as a paid user i do have right to ask proper product support that i paid in the first place.

I'm AM supporting you. And you have been given several different solutions so, what's the "ban" it's about ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 05:24:27 pm »
i already said that i did all those simconnect libraries install.it didn't solve the problem.i will try to delete simconnect libraries in safe mode but i need to know how to delete registry for simconnect entries.

Please report back after you try these two solutions, and we'll proceed from there.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2016, 06:36:59 pm »
OK so i found a solution myself.
No thanks to virtuali
& just FYI i tried uninstalling & deleting the simconnect folder located in winsxs folder.for some reason even on safe mode i was unable to delete those folders/files.

so,anyway somewhere i found a solution & it goes like this:

copy the following from : C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml" file to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml"

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:58:50 pm by virtuali »