Author Topic: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**  (Read 52801 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 06:48:00 pm »
so,again virtuali this is not an simconnect issue.it's an issue that messed up by recent addon manager.

IT IS a Simconnect issue, and it's likely caused by another addon, and it WAS already discussed here, when one of the problems reported was the loading ORDER of the modules.

ANOTHER module, using the old Simconnect, version (the one that didn't had the Simconnect_text() ) was forcing P3D to use the old version.

It was suggested in this forum that changing the loading order of the modules in the XML file it would prevent the sim to be stuck with the old Simconnect because of the *other* module using it, see this post for the explanation and the solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.msg94305.html#msg94305

P3D now reads ALSO the DLL.XML in C:\ProgramData although it works with BOTH location: it merges them in a single list so, as if it was a single XML file, but it loads the modules listed in the XML file under C:\ProgramData FIRST.

By copying bglmanx.dll in the other XML in C:\ProgramData, you simply altered the loading order, which prevented the OTHER offending module ( the one using the outdated Simconnect version ), which was one of the solutions discussed here: loading bglmanx.dll FIRST.

So, your report further confirm the problem was caused by another module using the old Simconnect RTM and the sim being stuck with it, not loading the SP2 version required by bglmanx.dll, and you fixed it by forcing the sim to load modules in a different order.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:26:26 pm by virtuali »

FrozenMalibu

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 11:56:58 am »
OP here,

RVxSpeeds solution worked for me. Thank you for this and thanks to all the others trying to fix this issue especially virtuali. I tested it and I'm pretty sure I will buy GSX. This thread can be marked as SOLVED :)!

flying_pilot

Re: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 03:19:44 pm »
Confirm.. RVxSpeed solution also work for me.. P3D V3. Thanks..

Sovereign

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 02:24:25 pm »
Hello

i can confirm the solution and i have found the Problem:

The bglmanx.dll must be the first entry in DLL.XML, BUT the GSX Installer set the entry in the DLL.xml on ....AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
Some Addon manufacturer eg. PMDG an RAAS use the DLL.xml on C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3.

When you Set the enry on the dll.xml in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 is not the first entry in P3D.

To set in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 is the correct Solution.

@virtuali
Is it possible to change the installer in the next version that is used the correct dll.xml?

Best regards
Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 02:48:33 pm »
i can confirm the solution and i have found the Problem
 C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 is the correct Solution.

@virtuali
Is it possible to change the installer in the next version that is used the correct dll.xml?

Maybe you haven't followed the thread entirely but, forcing bglmanx.dll to be loaded first, it's a WORKAROUND, not a solution! Normally, the loading order of modules shouldn't matter.

Windows Side-by-Side, when it works, is designed to allow multiple in-process modules using different versions of SxS libraries (Simconnect, in this case) to run *together* in the same address space.

If you are getting that error, it's because something in the SxS system is not working correctly and, BECAUSE another module is using an OUTDATED Simconnect (the one from FSX RTM, which is the only one that doesn't contain the Simconnect_text() API call), the sim is "stuck" with the RTM version, even if other modules are *requiring* the FSX SP1 or SP2 version of the Simconnect.

So yes, we could probably change the installer to use C:\ProgramData, which is loaded first, but this would be an issues ONLY if your SxS system is not working correctly AND you use 3rd party modules compiled with the obsolete FSX Simconnect RTM.

The REAL solution would be:

- Fixing your issue with SxS, so both Simconnect versions can be loaded at the same time, which is how the system was designed to work in the first place.

- Asking other developers to stop using outdated Simconnect versions, and use the most current one, the FSX SP2 one.

This will SAVE MEMORY too because, if you have one module using the RTM version, another module using the SP1 version and another one using the SP2 version, being all in-process .DLLs, ALL THREE will be loaded in RAM!! So, even when the SxS system works, it's best not to use it, from a performance point of view.

Instead, if all developers did the right thing, and only used the same Simconnect version ( the FSX SP2 version, the one we and others like PMDG use ), only THAT one will be loaded in RAM, which would result in some memory savings.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:50:05 pm by virtuali »

Sovereign

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 10:32:11 pm »
I understand your arguments. I read the article several times and searched a long time for this error.

The all manufacturers use the same version in the future will probably never arrive.

I have all SimConnect clients are installed and I have all the c ++ runtimes.
in the "dll.xml" I have under the "Addon Manager" the following entries:
 <Launch.Addon>
    <Name> PMDG HUD interface </ name>
    <Disabled> False </ Disabled>
    <Path> PMDG \ DLLs \ PMDG_HUD_interface.dll </ Path>
    <DllStartName> module_init </ DllStartName>
    <DllStopName> module_deinit </ DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name> PMDG Interface </ name>
    <Path> PMDG \ DLLs \ PMDG_Interface.dll </ Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
     <Name> RAASPRO </ name>
     <Manual Load> False </ Manual Load>
     <Path>. \ RAASPRO \ RAASPRO.dll </ Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

When i set the bglmanx.dll after RAASPRO i have this error. After PMDG works.

does this mean the RAAS use an old version of SimConnect?

best regards
Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2016, 03:07:39 pm »
When i set the bglmanx.dll after RAASPRO i have this error. After PMDG works. does this mean the RAAS use an old version of SimConnect?

Surely RAASPRO seem to be connected to this problem:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475355-problem-with-raas-update-in-p3dv2-both-install-and-uninstall-woes/
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13066.msg97871.html#msg97871

And yes, last time I checked it, it was using FSX RTM:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12418.msg94357.html#msg94357

But I checked the version that comes with the Aerosoft Airbus, the version that comes with the PMDG 777 loads Simconnect dynamically (I checked their code by disassembling it) and, for some reason, it triggers the sim to load the RTM version, and for some reason the SxS system doesn't work.

BreakLux

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2016, 10:57:58 am »
I have this same error and have found absolutely none of the Workarounds to be working for me.

I've been trying around and discovered that somehow the PMDG 737/777 and GSX seem to be conflicting. I can install one of them and it'll work fine. If I install them both together I get said bglmax.dll error. My dll.xml only contains one entry, and that is the one of Addon Manager.

I've also tried just installing the SP2 SimConnect, leaving the other SimConnects uninstalled. Same error when I install GSX and the PMDG aircrafts together, both on their own seem to work fine.

Then I tried reinstalling everything, no avail either.

I have read most of the topic about this issue, and even though im a beginner to P3D, I kinda understand that the issue should be version incompatbility, as in that one addon loads a version of Simconnect that is too old. But as far as I can tell, and have read, PMDG uses a new enough Version. So I'm absolutely clueless what the issue could be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 11:04:43 am »
I've been trying around and discovered that somehow the PMDG 737/777 and GSX seem to be conflicting.

There's no conflict and no conflict it's possible, between PMDG and our software. This because PMDG USE and REQUIRE Simconnect SP2.

But the error you are getting ( the Simconnect_text() not found ), it's because YOUR SIM is NOT using Simconnect SP2, but Simconnect RTM, which is MISSING that function!

From the latest reports, this SEEM to be related in some way to the RAAS Pro program which COMES with the PMDG, which uses a different method to load Simconnect, which seems to cause a conflict.

Please read again this thread, because severa affected user fixed this by moving the bglmanx.dll lines to the DLL.XML in C:\ProgramData

BreakLux

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 11:24:11 am »
First off, thank you for taking time to listen to my issues, virtuali.

I do understand that the PMDG and GSX both use SP2, which is what irritates me about my problem. I do also realize that loading RTM first is causing the issue, as bglmanx.dll is trying to load a method that isn't present in that version of SimConnect. I wasn't however aware, that RAAS Pro ist causing this.

Now for the dll.xml, I don't have one in my Main Directory, the only one I have is the one in %Appdata%/Lockheed Martin/P3D v3/ and that file only has two entries, bglmanx.dll as first entry, and some sort of Orbx DLL as second entry. bglmanx.dll should therefore be loading first. I've also tried copying the dll.xml to the Main Directory - no avail either. Now bglmanx.dll is the first dll to load in both dll.xml files, but the error persists.

Would you happen to have any more suggestions for workarounds, or maybe an idea how or why RAAS Pro manages to load in first, without having an Entry in the dll.xml.

EDIT: Creating an entry for RAASPro in the dll.xml file, obviously at the bottom of the file, made no change either.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:27:44 am by BreakLux »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2016, 12:40:22 pm »
I wasn't however aware, that RAAS Pro ist causing this.

It was something which was discussed in this very thread.

Now for the dll.xml, I don't have one in my Main Directory

You are not supposed to have one.

I've also tried copying the dll.xml to the Main Directory - no avail either. Now bglmanx.dll is the first dll to load in both dll.xml files, but the error persists.

That's because the "Main Directory" is NOT the place to put a DLL.XML, and nobody suggested that either. As I've said, and as also several users that had this problem also confirmed, you should trying placing the DLL.XML in the C:\ProgramData folder, which is NOT the "Main Directory"!!

C:\ProgramData is an alternative place for files that are supposed to be into %APPDATA%, just that %PROGRAMDATA% is for all users, and %APPDATA% is by-user.

The whole path, of course, would be C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Which of course was ALSO discussed here, a couple of post before:

i can confirm the solution and i have found the Problem  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 is the correct Solution.

Try to read all messages of the thread, they DO contain useful informations!

BreakLux

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2016, 02:01:23 pm »
You're right. My bad. Sorry for making you so mad.

simonjh98

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 12:19:07 pm »
Does this mean if i put my Dll.xml in the ProgramData folder, i wont need it in AppData?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »
Does this mean if i put my Dll.xml in the ProgramData folder, i wont need it in AppData?

No. If the OTHER addon which is CAUSING the problem ( remember, the problem is NOT bglmanx.dll, the problem is ANOTHER addon using an outdated Simconnect!! ), is being moved with it, the problem will be just the same: the sim might be stuck loading the outdated Simconnect, which doesn't contain the Simconnect_text() function, which is the reason of the error message.

Moving JUST the lines belonging to bglmanx over from the the DLL.XML in %APPDATA% to the one in %PROGRAMDATA%, it's just a trick to bypass the problem caused by that other addon, because the XML under %PROGRAMDATA% will be loaded BEFORE the one under %APPDATA% so, once the sim has loaded the correct Simconnect, because bglmanx.dll (as the first loaded module) has requested it, it won't try to load the outdated version when the other offending module is asking for it, since if it stays in the other XML under %APPDATA%, it's surely loaded *after* it.

Yes, I know it sounds complex and if other offending addons would start install themselves under %PROGRAMDATA%, the problem will happen AGAIN so, it's just a temporary fix.

The REAL solution, is that other developers would STOP using OUTDATED Simconnect versions (Simconnect_text() is available starting from FSX SP1, so they are still using the old RTM version for some reason) and fix their modules as soon as possible to support the current Simconnect API.

Blake7

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2016, 05:56:26 pm »
OK so i found a solution myself.
No thanks to virtuali
& just FYI i tried uninstalling & deleting the simconnect folder located in winsxs folder.for some reason even on safe mode i was unable to delete those folders/files.

so,anyway somewhere i found a solution & it goes like this:

copy the following from : C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml" file to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 "dll.xml"

Excellent, been pulling m,y hair out over this for hours, all I had to do was what you stated here ... BINGO !
Gary Blake.