Author Topic: GSX Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN after latest update P3d V4 & V5  (Read 7144 times)

racekarts2

After running the latest update GSX has stopped working with KDEN (Flightbeam).  When I attempt to activate it I receive the message screen asking me to "select parking facility".  I scroll past the runways to available parking places and I am offered one at concourse B gate 16.  I tried selecting that gate and warp me there and try to activate it again.  I then get the audio message "This parking is isolated"  followed by "no ground services available". 

I have tried uninstalling GSX and KDEN and reloading them both and continue to have the same issue.

I have loaded several other Add On airports both FSDT & Flightbeam and GSX is working correctly.

It is the same for me with both P3d V4 & V5.

Can you please help me out?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Not Working with Flightbeam KDEN after latest update P3d V4 & V5
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:51:55 pm »
Try this installer, it's not MSFS-specific, it's just an offline copy of the files you were *supposed* to get from the servers:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

Before we can look into possible issues, we need to be sure you get the right files.

racekarts2

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 04:49:52 am »
Hello Umberto, thank you for responding.  I downloaded and ran the Addon-Manager that you provided the link for.

I loaded up P3d v5 and then loaded up KDEN. 

There was no change it is still not working with KDEN.

What would you like me to do next or what information can I provide you to help assist?

fnav77

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 04:09:31 pm »
+1 KDEN is not working, GSX does not recognise the gates, only 1 is available.

Any help would be appreciated.

fnav77

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 03:01:05 pm »
For Flightbeam KDEN, as with KSFO and KIAD, you have to remove the kxxx-flightbeam Config file from the scenery folder for each airport.

racekarts2

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 06:17:08 am »
Thank you very much that seemed to do the trick and everything seems to be working now.

Us Airways B757

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 04:47:58 pm »
Hey guys.

I have tried the above fix in P3D V4 and it seems to work with KSFO, but does not work with my KDEN and KIAD sceneries. I deleted the .ini out of the respective FlightBeam folders.

The only way to even get the Control menu to appear in my sim for those two sceneries, I have to delete the other airport .ini in the Virtuali GSX folder under Users/Program Data. Otherwise, it just says my parking is isloated just like when the .ini was in the FlightBeam folder.

Doing so, gives me the option to select GSX services and as soon as I request a jetway or any other service, it just locks out the Control Menu. It doesn't even get to the point of asking which airline I would like to use.

I've worked several hours to try and remedy the situation. Any help would be great. I have also attached my Couatl File to see if that will help.

Thank you all and I appreciate anyone's help/advice.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 04:50:25 pm by Us Airways B757 »

Joe Porter

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 07:06:55 pm »
For Flightbeam KDEN, as with KSFO and KIAD, you have to remove the kxxx-flightbeam Config file from the scenery folder for each airport.

You are kidding me. How do I remove the config file from the scenery folder for KDEN for flight beam?

Is this now how this product is being supported?   the users have to go out and fix applications and files on their SIM?

Disappointed long time customer.

Joe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 07:11:50 pm »
Is this now how this product is being supported?   the users have to go out and fix applications and files on their SIM?

And why, a suggestion from another user, has anything to do with "product support" ?

Nobody from FSDT has suggested you are supposed to that, we are obviously looking at the real causes of the problem and we'll fix that but, if another user suggested you a TEMPORARY WORKAROUND, it's up to you to use it or not, without this would have anything to do with the "level of support".

Joe Porter

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 07:24:57 pm »

And why, a suggestion from another user, has anything to do with "product support" ?

Nobody from FSDT has suggested you are supposed to that, we are obviously looking at the real causes of the problem and we'll fix that but, if another user suggested you a TEMPORARY WORKAROUND, it's up to you to use it or not, without this would have anything to do with the "level of support".

Thank you, point taken. I’m just curious how long we will have to wait for a fix to some Payware airports like flightbeam’s KDEN.  I have always flown with your product since the day it came out.  I’m just frustrated at the moment. I really do appreciate you reaching out to us.

Joe

Joe Porter

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 02:58:47 am »
This is beyond acceptable, I want my prior working product back.  This update has done nothing but put my system on its knees.  This has been over a week now.  After years with your product you really s&^&*%d with the pooch.  It is not reading the KDEN.ini with GSX PERIOD . ..  more that frustrated.  Sorry but this mistake has taken days and it is not fixed. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 10:06:34 am »
This is beyond acceptable, I want my prior working product back.  This update has done nothing but put my system on its knees.  This has been over a week now.  After years with your product you really s&^&*%d with the pooch.  It is not reading the KDEN.ini with GSX PERIOD . ..  more that frustrated.  Sorry but this mistake has taken days and it is not fixed.

I said multiple times there are surely issues with airport customization and we are aware of them so, what is the point to remark it AGAIN ? Do you think posting another message and forcing me to reply would SPEED UP in any want the problem eventual resolution ?

jalbino59

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 04:26:37 am »
I said multiple times there are surely issues with airport customization and we are aware of them so, what is the point to remark it AGAIN ? Do you think posting another message and forcing me to reply would SPEED UP in any want the problem eventual resolution ?

@virtuali, Umberto, I may have come across something that may help here but I want to address this specifically to you. 

On my machine I noticed that the character encoding of the add-on.cfg files in

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

are incorrectly set in UTF-8 instead of UCS-2 LE BOM as they should be. Changing this fixed KDEN, KIAD and might work for other sceneries as well.

MichelD

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 05:01:14 am »
I have the same problem on P3D v4,5 with KSFO, KDEN and KIAD. Question: will FSDT post a solution for that problem? Everything was working fine for me before the last update.

oliverpenguink

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 07:18:50 pm »
I Have the exact same issue at the same airports. I Have used GSX a long time, and it has worked well. This issue is frustrating. I would appreciate a fix as soon as possible, This latest update really seemed to make things worse.
Thank You