Author Topic: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS  (Read 67535 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL scripting engine not starting in MSFS
« Reply #225 on: August 21, 2022, 04:15:11 pm »
This stuff happens and as the provider you should be owning that and looking for alternatives when plan A fails, not shrugging your shoulders and pointing the finger to your partners.

Sure but, the issue is, the cloudflare issue will sort out automatically anyway, and our time is completely filled up with:

- replying to forum posts

- replying to email

- working on finding and removing issues that are NOT server-based

AaronMyers

« Reply #226 on: August 21, 2022, 04:41:29 pm »
on finding and removing issues that are NOT server-based

Let's hope so, because from some of the videos I've seen on machines that it is apparently working on, there is a lot of that to fix. Until then it is sadly uninstalled from my machine because I can't even get that far.

AviationT

« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2022, 04:51:01 pm »
I think the .zip file was broken, so another attemp)

Yes, your log has the exact same error as the previous ones, some files are not the current version. Try a complete removal:.

- Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Uninstall the FSDT Installer itself from the Control Panel

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again.

Did this sadly no fix :/

Also manually started "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" on my desktop. Couatl starts up, but in the sim it still says that it has not started. (Ran as admin)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2022, 04:53:48 pm »
Also manually started "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" on my desktop. Couatl starts up, but in the sim it still says that it has not started. (Ran as admin)

As discussed in all threads related in any way to Couatl not starting, you should always provide a log of the startup, which will help us to identify the problem and suggestion a solution.

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

conntaggart

« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2022, 06:42:44 pm »
Hey, I am having similar issues as others have posted about above. Fresh install today, GSX Level 2 already installed. Attached is my .log file.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2022, 06:57:58 pm »
How long ago you ran the Live Update ? Could you please try again now, and see if you got the correct files ? We asked for a refresh of files a couple of times today.

conntaggart

« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2022, 07:09:46 pm »
How long ago you ran the Live Update ? Could you please try again now, and see if you got the correct files ? We asked for a refresh of files a couple of times today.

Just ran live update through FSDT Live Update, reloaded sim, same issue.

sw34669

« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2022, 08:14:31 pm »

Just ran live update through FSDT Live Update, reloaded sim, same issue.
same here still broken with menu error in log file
couatl loads in taskbar and shows cache ok
pressing the GSX menu button in MSFS gives coutl not started
firewall and nod32 AV off
re-installed - same

Please post, manually, the updates we need if you think this will fix it bypass the currently broken distribution system being used. GSX pro again broke GSX and GSX2 for p3d and my machine is now restoring again to friday

This isnt a functioning product and I cant understand why you still havnt worked back from that menu error through your code to find the steps that need to be done to a) get this working in MSFS and b) stop the GSX Pro install breaking our P3d versions of GSX.

I would like a refund . How do I go about this ?

hwmertens

« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2022, 08:40:12 pm »
running MSFS with Couatl_MSFS.ini. No Couatl.log produced. but Couatl.err appended as ZIP.

pedrault

« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2022, 08:58:18 pm »
I removed ambitiouspilots-toolbar-pushback and now I can see the characters in services cars but always dont see the GSX main  menu when I click on GSX bouton in toolbar.

Here my log file

Im sure you will find solution soon. Good luck :)

xavebbr

« Reply #235 on: August 21, 2022, 09:23:53 pm »
hello,

I think I have same problem as other users.
Attached couatl.zip = case when couatl do not start automatically
Then I stay in the sim and made coutl start manually, wait a litlle and then when I click on GSX app it is working attached couatl1.zip

I hope it will help you find a solution

Ps: i did before the proposed procedure
Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer

- Go into your Addon manager folder (the one you chose for the installation) and remove the whole folder

- Run the installer again

Diego Madariaga

« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2022, 10:30:45 pm »
Report attached

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2022, 10:56:13 pm »
All of you have exactly the same problem, and it's caused by not getting the latest files from cloudflare. I'll probably need to reach out to cloudflare support tomorrow but, in the meantime, we can try a completely different solution.

Here's two links ( they are the same, no need to download both, I just uploaded two copies, just in case ) of a very quick and dirty installer for the whole Addon Manager root as it should be. It's nothing fancy, but should work until we'll clarify why cloudflare doesn't seem to get our updates. It should detect the previous installed Addon Manager folder, and overwrite everything there with what you were supposed to get.

If you run the FSDT Live Update, it shouldn't download anything, but if it does, it might have "downgraded" something with an outdated version stored on Cloudflare. In that case, just run this again, since it's completely offline and it's sure to contain the latest files, as of today.

Download from GDrive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing

Download from Mediafire
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcjygudgvbccu2w/Addon_Manager.exe/file

This offline installer will make do until we'll be reasonably sure almost all cloudlare nodes have been updated. You can recognize if YOUR node has, by simply noticing if the Live Update doesn't download anything if you run it after this offline installer. If this happens, it means your local cloudflare node is now fully updated, so you don't need to use this anymore, just the Live Update.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:43:57 am by virtuali »

AviationT

« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2022, 11:02:49 pm »

As discussed in all threads related in any way to Couatl not starting, you should always provide a log of the startup, which will help us to identify the problem and suggestion a solution.

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl_MSFS.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Restart Couatl from the Tray Bar or start it from its icon on the Desktop

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content
For some reason I cannot attach my couatl log because an error will occur when trying to post. I have uploaded my log on wetransfer: https://we.tl/t-87Xnr45TFG
Thanks in advance

pedrault

« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2022, 11:06:40 pm »

Ps: i did before the proposed procedure
Uninstall everything using the FSDT Installer
- Run the installer again

Thanks
This work for me 😁