Author Topic: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos  (Read 42906 times)

SUBS17

Re: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:45 pm »
Having used up alot of fuel I decided that its time to refuel so using the object placing tool I placed a Tanker nearby and using TACAN flew up to it for some fuel.

Refuelling from the tanker is not impossible as its done by proximity although you can adjust the setting to as small as you like for me using an X45 I am quite limited so a wide area is necessary. You can have any type of Tanker that is selectable in the menu for the Tacpac including the KC135 and no doubt many other addons so long as the addon is installed.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 06:36:48 am »
SUBS,
I see the tanker's bank angle is some 15 degrees... What kind of path the tanker is orbiting on? Is it adjustable (I mean its shape, tanker's altitude and speed, number of circles etc.)?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

SUBS17

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 09:04:36 am »
I'll have a look tommorrow but yes it does follow an orbit and there are alot of settings that can be adjusted.

Victory103

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 03:45:43 pm »
All parameters are adjustable on the fly. You select the basics and even the pattern (AF or Navy) or just straight and level. SUBS, suggest moving the test bird down on your liveries so that you can select a line or CAG jet. The TP Manager program scans your aircraft folder, so just about any model can be a tanker. I have tested several AI  and now adding in the RAZBAM KA-6 series. The connect/disconnect window is also adjustable.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

GOONIE

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 04:53:19 pm »
I know air to air refueling is hard in real life, but sometimes it can feel impossible in FSX.

How's it working in TACPACK? I feel you can get really close, hold formation, but those last few feet and then trying to stay in the basket is too dang hard using FSrecorder traffic (currently what I use).

GOONIE
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

SUBS17

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »
Because of my X45 the controls are too responsive as the stick has a much shorter movement than my Cougar so for example actually connecting to the hose like in Lockon would be near impossible so I'll have to try to tweak my stick axis and see if I can get a better formation than that.

IMO the first step for a sim is what you see there the next step is to actually require the player to connect to the drogue and then have it scripted to remain connected. The step after that is to have a drogue with a flexible hose that flexs and then the third is to add wind/drag effects so that it moves naturally with the FM. But for a sim you want it so that its not impossible to refuel. With SFM the Lockon SU33 can be connected to the drogue in FC2 and the hose flexs but they have yet to add a FM to the drogue which would make it very difficult to hook up.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:59:17 pm by SUBS17 »

SUBS17

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2013, 01:04:52 am »
Heres some pics of some of the skins I've made in the past which I finally bothered to reinstall since Tacpac.

SUBS17

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 06:43:51 am »
I've been doing SEAD missions with the VRS SH using HARMs its quite interesting learning all the stuff most sims don't model such as the PB mode aircraft lofting HARMs. You can either pull up yourself or get the HARM to LOFT for max range itself which is cool.

Closing on tgt, pulling up.

"MAGNUM"

Now break off and let the missiles do their thing.

Archi

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 02:32:39 pm »
Nice! I think I have to get tackpack! SUBS I remember you did a cool fictional Finnish air force skin for VRS Superbug and I found it from VRS forums but the link is dead. Is there any change to get it somewhere else?

-Archi

SUBS17

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:58 pm »
I can put those on a file host somewhere, do you want your own name plate as well?

Archi

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 08:57:46 pm »
Cool! it would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

SUBS17

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 11:49:03 pm »
What name rank etc do you want for the pilot name? Just send me a PM with pilot name, rank and callsign and I'll make you one up.

SUBS17

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:06 pm »
Nice! I think I have to get tackpack! SUBS I remember you did a cool fictional Finnish air force skin for VRS Superbug and I found it from VRS forums but the link is dead. Is there any change to get it somewhere else?

-Archi

I've finished your Superhornet skins and just getting them uploaded to a file server. Just use the ACM to install once you've unzipped the file.

Archi

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2013, 11:04:22 pm »
Thank You SUBS17! Sent you PM