Author Topic: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos  (Read 43260 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »
Looks like they just posted these on Youtube today.  If you follow along on the right side, from VRS Simulations, there are several other videos... including the NVG and night lighting video.

Enjoy

Later
Sludge

neutrino

Re: New VRS SuperBug FSX Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:32:18 pm »
The weapons mode looks very impressive. I guess there are many other innovations as well. Personally, I am most interested in the flight model - I like to know that the plane in the simulator behaves like the real thing.

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:02:52 am »
I use to wonder what was so special about the SuperBug Hornet when you guys would talk about it, but now I can see that it is awesome! I don't really want to trawl through hundreds of pages of manual though, considering I don't fly the default Hornet that often (except for carrier ops).
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

Paco

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:52:56 pm »
I use to wonder what was so special about the SuperBug Hornet when you guys would talk about it, but now I can see that it is awesome! I don't really want to trawl through hundreds of pages of manual though, considering I don't fly the default Hornet that often (except for carrier ops).

I have the Superbug for FS9 and I can tell you that I didn't/haven't read through all the manuals.  Could I do a cold start from the VC?  No, but to just fly the plane and do some traps on the POS Enterprise payware is no problem.  I don't dive into all the avionics, beyond a level I would for a regular FS9/FSX plane.  I will tell you presentations are better, the graphics sharp, etc.  It's by far the best add-on I have for FS9.  The things I don't like about it in FS9 are all FS9 related and should be taken care of in FSX.  I just hope it's not a framerate killer like the Aerosoft F-16.
   Bottom line, if you don't want to study the manual...you don't have to.

/r,
Paco

average_joe

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 02:13:47 pm »
Sludge,

Did you get my F-18 Performance and LSO gouge?

average_joe

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 05:18:07 pm »
Joe...

Yeah, I got the stuff and sent you a reply via regular email.  However, the short and skinny is that I wont be able to take your numbers and mod them into the Sludge Hornet.  I just dont have the tweaking skills to do it.  I tried and tried, yet was unable to get it to perform both sides of the power curve.  I could get one (high PPM side) but the other (low PPM side) wouldnt even be close.  Then tried the converse (low PPM good/hi PPM out of limits) and gave up after that.  Actually I think one would need programming skills to be able to decode/tweak/recompile/test til they could get the Hornet to fit within the numbers you sent.

Sorry, I tried but dont have the skills.

Later
Sludge

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 04:20:16 am »
 :o Nice... Real Nice!!!  8)
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:40 pm »
Joe...

Yeah, I got the stuff and sent you a reply via regular email.  However, the short and skinny is that I wont be able to take your numbers and mod them into the Sludge Hornet.  I just dont have the tweaking skills to do it.  I tried and tried, yet was unable to get it to perform both sides of the power curve.  I could get one (high PPM side) but the other (low PPM side) wouldnt even be close.  Then tried the converse (low PPM good/hi PPM out of limits) and gave up after that.  Actually I think one would need programming skills to be able to decode/tweak/recompile/test til they could get the Hornet to fit within the numbers you sent.

Sorry, I tried but dont have the skills.

Later
Sludge

Hey Sludge,

In case you haven't heard, that is a big confirmed collimated HUD on the FSX Superbug, I gave one of the VRS guys on Youtube a pm, and he said so. It is most likely the same exact HUD as the 2004 version. The detail in the VC is unbelievable. If you look on the website at their new pictures of the cockpit, it'll put you on the floor.
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 05:44:46 pm »
Ben...

Yeah, Ive looked at the pics and seen the one thats been up there a while which says "optically collimated to stay conformal w/outside world", but thats a hard pic to judge it from.

Will just have to take what was said to you at face value and believe it.  BTW, How's the TrackIR working for ya?

Thanks for the info., and will see ya flying around later this week or on the weekend. 

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »
Looks like they just posted these on Youtube today.  If you follow along on the right side, from VRS Simulations, there are several other videos... including the NVG and night lighting video.

Enjoy

Later
Sludge

The video is not NVGs its actually the FLIR view projected onto the HUD which is what both the SH and the F-16 can do although VRS also do an NVG view and BTW this is the 1st sim ever to feature FLIR projected onto the HUD for public.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 04:04:38 am »
Yeah SUBS...

I said NVG but just meant IR on the HUD, along with night lighting.  However, I thought the F-15 strike eagle sim also put a FLIR on the HUD?  Loved that sim, cause it had the backseater MFDs and high resolution ground mapping radar for targetting.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 05:10:39 am »
Fellas...

Anybody know if we will have carrier ICLS and TACAN with the SuperBug?  If so, will it be the JR method used in his Newer HUD?  Or will it be an actual "signal" sent from the carrier?

I know in the SuperBug website, on the Full Features menu, they talked about "acceleration carrier operations compatible", but thats not giving a whole lot of details.  They seem like they had a great package and setup with the FS2004 version, so Im just hoping they have included something comparable to what JR made or an actual add-on to the carrier itself.

Later
Sludge

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:23 am »
Hey Sludge

This might answer your question,... from the vrs forums
-----------------------------------------------------------
"re: New HUD/FSX Accel.Hornet
by adiemus » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Not having much experience with FSX, I'm confused. Everything I've read to this point said that moving navaids wasn't possible in FSX. Yet this HUD claims to support ILS/TACAN on moving carriers. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of explanation *how* this is achieved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Re: New HUD/FSX Accel.Hornet
by VRS Varmint » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Snagging the carrier's heading, speed, range and bearing is easy. It's the same as tracking AI aircraft. Once you've got that it's just a little trig and you basically have your own private little NAVAIDs. I've done this stuff before with A/A TACAN. No hacks, no smoke and mirrors, just a little polling of TrafficInfo to determine if it's a carrier and it's as good as done.
Jon "Varmint" Blum
Vertical Reality Simulations

VRS Varmint
Site Admin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by ESzczesniak » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Well, that certainly makes sense and I have long been thinking that if A/A TACAN was possible (which you guys proved on the FS9 Super Bug), that this could be done. I lacked the programming skills to do it myself, but am glad to see that it's happened. So now the question is....

Will we see a similar system on the FSX F/A-18E?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by VRS Varmint » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Yes, you'll see a similar system for our bird, and although I haven't seen this one you're talking about, it's no doubt doing something similar to what I described. I ran across this method a couple years ago when I was tinkering around with ACLS.
Jon "Varmint" Blum
Vertical Reality Simulations

Once again straight from the horses mouth :)
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 03:31:10 pm »
Simon...

Thanks for the info.  So youre right, it pretty much works like JRs HUD.  Whew...  was a little worried but not anymore!

Later
Sludge

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »
Ben...

Yeah, Ive looked at the pics and seen the one thats been up there a while which says "optically collimated to stay conformal w/outside world", but thats a hard pic to judge it from.

Will just have to take what was said to you at face value and believe it.  BTW, How's the TrackIR working for ya?

Thanks for the info., and will see ya flying around later this week or on the weekend. 

Later
Sludge

Yeah, TrackIR is working great, other than the minor tediousness of adjusting it every time I fly, or even boot up my machine... although, it's the least of my worries. See ya Saturday!

"A/B"
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"