Author Topic: Will there be version 2 airports for FS9?  (Read 11208 times)

Saturn_29

Will there be version 2 airports for FS9?
« on: April 28, 2013, 01:02:47 am »
I know you guys will not make new airports for FS9, but will you guys make version2 of airports you already made for FS9?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Will there be version 2 airports for FS9?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:48:48 am »
Our last product for FS9 was KLAX, there will be no new FS9 products coming from us, or major updates of existing ones. We'll only issue maintenance upgrades for FS9, only to fix bugs and small issues or OS compatibility issues, but not scenery upgrades like new runways, new terminals, etc.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »
 :'( It has finally happened! The end of FS9. Sadly I have used FS9 since it first came out, I tried FSX and it just would run properly on my computer. Not even my new pc which I made sure had a quadcore processor. Then recently I updated my memory to 16mb and installed a dedicated 3TB internal hard drive just for video games. Then decided to give FSX another try and BAM that was the solution. FSX sp 2 resolved alot of the previous issues I had. The aircrafts looked more sharp and the frame rates were much better and the airports looked great. I got hooked and for the first time in over 12 years, I haven't played FS9 for a whole month :o!

In honesty it was easy to move from FS2002 to FS9 because the enhancements were just too great. It was harder to move on from FS2004 to FSX mainly because FS9 ran smoother than FSX. I dont mean to be ranting on your post. But I knew the day was eventually going to come when it would be time to retire FS9. Most scenery and aircraft designers are focusing on FSX now and sadly there is little interests all around for FS9. If your computer still runs FS9 better than FSX, I would stick with it and change nothing. But when you get a pc that can finally FSX you will get hooked just like me and then notice that your interests in FS9 will deminish with all the sounds and visuals in FSX!

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 04:23:46 pm »
Yes finally  ;) I wish that other developer will do the same. Drop FS9 and move on.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:36:33 pm »
It should of happened like 2 years ago, but I guess we were all waiting to see how "Flight" would turn out, soon to find out it to be a failure.

We should be thanking FSDT for NOT developing for FS9, not only for these reasons: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8498.msg69344#msg69344

But then, DX10 would not be compatible, and it really undermines the FSX version and what FSX can actually do, just to compensate for the very little % of FS9 users.

And I'm sure the FS9 users will use the 'ol excuse: "I don't have the money to buy a new system for FSX".

Computers have never been cheaper. This may of been the case when i5's or i7's came out, but getting a decent system doesn't cost much more than an average computer. (or one that you'd buy "For FS9")

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:43:51 pm »
I wish that other developer will do the same. Drop FS9 and move on.

Some developers feel FS9 is still profitable.  Until it isn't, they'll keep developing for it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 04:46:56 pm »
Some developers feel FS9 is still profitable.  Until it isn't, they'll keep developing for it.

Isn't Flytampa done with FS9 now too ? (I hope)

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 04:49:13 pm »

Isn't Flytampa done with FS9 now too ? (I hope)

George talked about that YSSY was maybe the last scenery for fs9 
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Hnla

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »
George talked about that YSSY was maybe the last scenery for fs9

Unfortunately George is a very kind person, and all the old FS9 users are over there pleading and harassing him up and down to continue support for FS9..

At-least Umberto and his team are firm with them, and make the decision very clear..

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 01:40:45 am »
And I'm sure the FS9 users will use the 'ol excuse: "I don't have the money to buy a new system for FSX".

Computers have never been cheaper. This may of been the case when i5's or i7's came out, but getting a decent system doesn't cost much more than an average computer. (or one that you'd buy "For FS9")
Maybe so, but I spent $600 on a new laptop last year, so I certainly don't have money for a new computer anytime soon, considering I only just finished up with school recently. I've tried FSX on my current computer before, and that didn't end too well unless I set the graphics to low settings, something I'm not about to do. Ironically, I had used FSX first before I switched to FS9, and that was on my old computer, which is worse than the one I'm using now.
Captain Kevin

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 02:06:36 am »
Your reply lacks any facts other than you can't afford to buy a new computer after you already bought a $600 one, which is perfectly understandable..

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 04:30:07 pm »
...all the old FS9 users are over there pleading and harassing him up and down to continue support for FS9...

Just like they do everywhere else... The original post clearly says FSX only, first respondant asks if it will be for FS9... Never fails.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Hnla

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 05:30:37 pm »
Just like they do everywhere else... The original post clearly says FSX only, first respondant asks if it will be for FS9... Never fails.

I'm just glad that Virtuali is stern, and tells them like it is!

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 05:43:49 pm »

Yeah me too  ;)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 04:00:16 pm »

Just goes back to my comment about profit... You guarantee Virtuali a certain number of copies, he'll make the FS9 versions.