Author Topic: Add-on Manager and couatl will not work  (Read 5474 times)

Airtomski

Add-on Manager and couatl will not work
« on: May 13, 2013, 05:30:04 pm »
Hello guys,
         I have a major extreme problem. I have uninstalled my fsx then re-installed it. The FSDT loads perfectly with no errors or anything, but I cannot activate the sceneries. I know have downloaded the stand alone add-on Manager and still nothing. The couatl engine is in fsx, but it never ask me to run the program like fsx should. I have tried the sim connect thing, and I have gotten any errors. The REGEDIT didn't seem to work neither. The latest FSUIPC is downloaded also. I have uninstalled fsx twice also I have uninstalled and installed the scenery. So if I could just get the add-on Manager to load it would make my day.    

THANK YOU,
                                                                              CLAY TOMSKI

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-on Manager and couatl will not work
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:41:48 pm »
The FSDT loads perfectly with no errors or anything

This means everything is working, otherwise you wouldn't see any scenery.

but I cannot activate the sceneries.

This is not very clear. Please indicate exactly what the problem is. Do you have errors ?

The couatl engine is in fsx, but it never ask me to run the program like fsx should.

If with "Couatl engine is in FSX", you mean you SEE the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu, it means is running correctly and there's no problem with it. In any case, since you said "FSDT loads perfectly", I assume you see the scenery correctly, which just confirms it.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

I have tried the sim connect thing, and I have gotten any errors

This is as unclear and generic as it gets. Please indicate what errors you got, and we'll see if they have anything to do with this or FSDT.

The REGEDIT didn't seem to work neither.

Without a clear description of the "can't register" problem, it's not possible to say if this has anything to do with it. There's no need whatsoever to use REGEDIT, you might have confused with a suggestion to another user that used PREPAR3D and the problem was caused by the migration tool. You said you used FSX, so this shouldn't be relevant to you.

The latest FSUIPC is downloaded also.

None of our products requires, uses, comes with or has any interaction with FSUIPC.

So if I could just get the add-on Manager to load it would make my day.    

You said "FSDT loads perfectly" and you said (If I've understood correctly) you have the Couatl menu in FSX. Both things were not possible to have or see if the Addon Manager wasn't loaded so no, unless you meant something different, it's not possible you have the sceneries working and Couatl working, but no Addon Manager.

If you meant something different, please clarify.

Airtomski

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:59:56 pm »
OK, the couatl engine is in my fsx folder is what I am trying to say, but nothing happens when I start FSX. The add-on Manager doesn't start up which means its not in my fsx add-on menu. All I have right now is FSUIPC. The program loads the scenery, but not all because its not activated. Which I cant because its not working in my fsx.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:11:24 pm »
OK, the couatl engine is in my fsx folder is what I am trying to say

That wasn't very clear.

The program loads the scenery, but not all because its not activated. Which I cant because its not working in my fsx.

That's why your initial message was confusing:

The FSDT loads perfectly with no errors or anything

Seemed to indicate you did have the scenery, but couldn't register it for some reason.

It's not possible you would see any scenery, if you really don't have the Addon Manager and/or the Couatl menus. The only thing you would see are jetways, and this doesn't have anything to do with the activation.

If the scenery is not activated, it will not disappear or display partially, it will run in Trial mode for 5 minutes at time.

If you don't see the scenery, it's not because it's neither the Addon Manager and Couatl are running.

You said you have many errors on Simconnect diagnostics, I've asked to indicate what error you are getting, but you haven't replied it: it's not very easy to help you without having details about issues you already verified as problems.

So, again, what errors are you getting from Simconnect diagnostics ?

Airtomski

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 01:15:39 am »
Ok, I dont have any errors on the simconnect... i can show you what i see right here, and you may be able to help me out.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/r02iae.jpg   ___ This is the scenery on what i see.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zfl83m/5   _________ No addon Manager WHY???

http://tinypic.com/r/ajs2fs/5 ___ Proof of install.

http://tinypic.com/r/2zfo115/5 __ Showing it's in my FSX Main Folder

So this is what i get and i don't know how to fix. Teamviewer would be nice if you ever want to try.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:54 am »
Ok, I dont have any errors on the simconnect...

It would have been useful if you posted your Simconnect diagnostic anyway, that's the only thing I needed to see.

Try this:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.