Author Topic: Can't open the GSX  (Read 15174 times)

Guy1300

Can't open the GSX
« on: November 08, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »
Hello,
I will like if you will help me :),
i got the GSX but when I install it, its not work. like if im in munich and i click on Ctrl+F12 noting happend and i dont see on the add-ons the addon manager aswell.
if its happend to someone here and he fix it i will like if he will give me the sulotion!.

cheers,
Guy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't open the GSX
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:47:33 pm »
As explained in all other threads about  missing Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus, they are always caused by:

1) Your antivirus mistakenly blocking them. The antivirus solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:
- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

2) A problem with your Visual C++ 2005 runtimes installation. The missing runtimes solution has been posted many times already of course, here's another copy of it:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the instances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version: remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

AFTER installing all the runtimes, it could be useful running Windows Update and update everything, including the optional downloads.

3) A problem with your Simconnect install being missing/corrupted. This is not common, but it might still happen. The solutions is:

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then REPAIR the FSX SP2 (or Acceleration, if you have that one instead) setup, this will restore a broken Simconnect

4) You have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

5) If you use P3D or FSX Steam Edition, you are missing the FSX Simconnect libraries, look here for the solution:

P3D:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077
Install this file:
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.MSI

FSX Steam Edition:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11257.msg86703.html#msg86703
Install this file:
steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\Simconect SDK\Legacy Interfaces\FSX-XPACK\Simconnect.MSI
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:28:49 pm by virtuali »

Dustof2002

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:34:37 pm »
I have the same problem but nothing bring the program back to work!?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:48:35 pm »
I have the same problem but nothing bring the program back to work!?

What do you mean with "same problem" ? The above solutions can be used for missing Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus. Is this your problem ?

Dustof2002

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 09:21:32 pm »
http://s22.postimg.org/fylhzwbz5/Foto.jpg

I got this message all the time while i start up FSX. I have no Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus inside the FSX.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:36:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:37:54 pm »
I got this message all the time while i start up FSX. I have no Addon Manager and/or Couatl menus inside the FSX.

So, your problem is in fact very different. That error usually goes away if you restart Windows and always allow the module to run, even if it crashes, provided that:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

Note that, even if FSX itself is not set to run into Compatibility mode, it's possible you can have the same problem if another add-on you run together with FSX is running in a Compatibility mode.

Try first after a Windows restart.

Dustof2002

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:03:41 pm »
I got this error since a few day with of course restarts of Windows. I try to allow maybe ten times the module to run but the FSX is crashing all the time after that.

I have no compatibility mode is enabled and my antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

I dont know what to do, i guess this is the first time that i have this error. I also try to reinstall Addon Manager and other FSDT Stuff without luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 10:45:39 pm »
I don't know what to do, i guess this is the first time that i have this error. I also try to reinstall Addon Manager and other FSDT Stuff without luck.

Have you done ALL the steps indicated in the above post ? The problem is likely related to a problem with Windows libraries missing/wrong/corrupted.

Dustof2002

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 10:55:45 pm »
I have done all the steps exept Step 3) A problem with your Simconnect. I have a fresh and clean FSX Setup and dont wont to repair my Setup.
Is there a way to get anoter simconnect.dll anywere?

After the FSX is crashing while i klick yes by activation the Module the is another message:

FSX process not found. Handle:0 but this is Ezdok camera....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:58:18 pm by Dustof2002 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 11:23:13 pm »
Is there a way to get anoter simconnect.dll anywere?

It's not a matter of "getting" the .dll, Simconnect and most of the libraries required by FSX requires a fairly complex registration system, that is better handled by an installer.

This is what the Repair option should do. Which is why I said to do that.

After the FSX is crashing while i klick yes by activation the Module the is another message:

FSX process not found. Handle:0 but this is Ezdok camera....

That simply a message from Ezdok camera that says it cannot find FSX anymore. That's fairly normal, since it has crashed...Other things you can try:

- Try turning off UAC:
http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

- Try turning off DEP:
http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-disable-data-execution-prevention-dep-in-windows-7vista/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:24:54 pm by virtuali »

Dustof2002

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »
FSX works fine since the last installation. Only the FSDT Stuff is not working. There must be another way to fix this problem!?
I have few stuff installed and dont wont to repair the FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 11:40:21 pm »
FSX works fine since the last installation. Only the FSDT Stuff is not working.

Your issue doesn't have anything to do with FSX, it's a problem with Windows libraries, and the FSDT stuff is the VICTIM of your corrupted/missing Windows libraries which are, as I've said, the C++ runtimes and the Simconnect, NOT the cause.

One of them is causing this ( assuming it's not your antivirus or the Compatibility setting ) and since there might be several versions and sub-versions of a specific release, you can't be easily mislead it's an "FSDT problem" because "it doesn't happen to other software", but this it's JUST because other modules you are using might use a SLIGHTLY different version of those libraries that, by chance, is NOT corrupted in your system.

Yes, are MANY different version of, for example, the VC++ 2005 runtime library, and they can ALL run together (that's the whole point of the Windows Side-by-side system ), but if ONE of them has a problem, it will cause ONLY the products that are linked specifically against THAT specific build of the library, that's why you are MISLEAD believing the problem is that software, but it's not, it's that specific library release.

Simconnect it's another Side-by-side library, and on a normal FSX system with SP2, you'll have 3 VERSIONS installed at the same time, and that's normal, but if just ONE of them has problems, it would affect ONLY FSX add-ons that requires THAT specific version so, again, you can be mislead the problem is THAT specific add-on, when it's not, the real problem is your Windows installation or, more precisely, what happened in your Windows installation when you installed FSX, because it's the FSX installer that does all the work of registering those libraries in the system.

And of course, since they are (the VC++ libraries, not Simconnect) SYSTEM libraries, used by hundreds of other software, entirely unrelated to FSX, they CAN be corrupted by any other software you have installed, even if it doesn't have anything to do with FSX.

Again, that's what the REPAIR option in FSX and FSX SP2 try to do: to REPAIR a possible damage to its needed files, caused by ANOTHER program, even entirely unrelated to FSX:

WHICH IS WHY, I told you do to that.

I have few stuff installed and dont wont to repair the FSX.

You'll have to do it anyway, sooner or later, as soon you'll discover ANOTHER add-on that by chance would require exactly the same released of the libraries.

Again, assuming the OTHER TWO solutions I've posted (about DEP and UAC ) won't fix it, and assuming it's not your antivirus. It won't be the first time we heard of antivirus so defective, that is blocking programs even when you configure it to ignore them.

And, please, about the antivirus, follow the instructions TO THE LETTER. It's NOT enough to "just" configure it. You must TURN IT OFF, entirely, when DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING.