Author Topic: GSX malfunctions when using user-created logos  (Read 2160 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX malfunctions when using user-created logos
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 07:18:34 pm »
I loaded the PMDG 747 at RKSI Seoul airport and set Korean Air and Asiana as handlers using the new drop-menu system.

That's because Korean Air is KE in GSX.

Parking codes and handlers in the scenery are not relevant for ULDs.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 08:19:53 pm »
I must have misunderstood his post, thought he was using Asiana, not Korean Air. My bad.
Captain Kevin

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2023, 04:26:20 am »
I loaded the PMDG 747 at RKSI Seoul airport and set Korean Air and Asiana as handlers using the new drop-menu system.

That's because Korean Air is KE in GSX.

Parking codes and handlers in the scenery are not relevant for ULDs.

Ok, so which setting is relevant for ULDs?

I tried setting atc_parking_codes=KE in my aircraft cfg but it did not change the ULD logo.

What I am trying to do is to have a specific ULD logo no matter who the handling operator is. Before it used to work if I put atc_parking_codes= 3-letter code

e.g. DLH for Lufthansa or KAL for Korean. I used to have Swissport handle the ground services on my lufthansa flight while the ULD logo is lufthansa.

This used to work well until May but I cannot figure out why it does not work anymore. I tried several combinations but it does not work:

atc_parking_codes=KAL (3-letter code)
atc_parking_codes= KAL (3-letter code with space)

atc_parking_codes=KE (2-letter code)
atc_parking_codes= KE (3-letter code with space)

GSX still does not select the appropriate ULD logo. Not gonna lie, this is starting to frustrate me.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 04:33:23 am by CaptainSazzman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2023, 02:19:48 am »
Ok, so which setting is relevant for ULDs?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear:

- Handlers in the Scenery Customization page don't matter for ULDs. The selection list, not the codes.

- Parking codes in the scenery matters ONLY if they match the GSX. Meaning, if GSX has a 3 letter code for an operator, it's likely it will match the parking codes used in the scenery, which are almost invariably 3 letters, so they *should* match (but that's not a given, it depends on the scenery), but if a GSX operator uses a 2 letter parking code, you must be sure it's included to the "parking codes" in the airport customization page that either exists because they have been read from the scenery, or they have been added manually.

GSX still does not select the appropriate ULD logo. Not gonna lie, this is starting to frustrate me.

That's another issue entirely. First, I had to be sure you were using the correct codes, and so far you never had, that's why I kept telling you were always using wrong codes. Only in your latest post, I see you finally tried a code that should work, so now we need to check this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 02:22:40 am by virtuali »

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2023, 03:14:09 am »
Thank you, I look forward to seeing what you find.

I have a theory for you that might help. Before the operator multi-select in the drop-down menu was a thing, choosing an operator from the drop list forced GSX to ignore custom ULD logo information in the aircraft cfg.

The custom ULD logo would only work if I typed the operator in the text box and left the drop-down list to "--default". Now that GSX mostly looks at the drop-down list, maybe that is why it is ignoring the ULD codes...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2023, 03:41:16 am »
Before the operator multi-select in the drop-down menu was a thing, choosing an operator from the drop list forced GSX to ignore custom ULD logo information in the aircraft cfg.

That was a bug in fact. IF the aircraft.cfg has matching airline codes, it should always be used first. The handler should be a fallback in case the airplane doesn't have any codes.

The custom ULD logo would only work if I typed the operator in the text box and left the drop-down list to "--default".

That was also a bug, which shouldn't happen anymore.

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2023, 06:57:51 am »
While I have your attention, I assume you have already seen the MSFS 2024 announcement. With all the upgrades coming, I wouldn't be surprised if GSX becomes able to fully simulate 3D passengers from a fully living airport terminal until during the entire flight and so on. The trailer shows this might be possible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 12:02:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2023, 12:02:43 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if GSX becomes able to fully simulate 3D passengers from a fully living airport terminal until during the entire flight and so on. The trailer shows this might be possible.

We don't need FS2024 for that...

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2023, 04:45:29 am »
I think the containers use airline IATA codes rather than ICAO codes. Try adding OZ into the parking code line and see if that solves it.

Good suggestion but unfortunately it does not work...

Wow sounds cool.

Anyways, I think I found a fix to our ULD logo problem...