Author Topic: airport cache loaded successfully over and over again  (Read 577 times)

trance2000

airport cache loaded successfully over and over again
« on: June 09, 2023, 12:48:32 am »
Hello People.

I have this issue several times, in ground and flying, when minimized my P3d V5 and later maximized again, this text show several times " airport cache loaded successfully.
When happend in ground sometimes has debording passengers, minimized the sim, and when come back all GSX dissapered and the airport cache loaded successfully appears.
When happend flying, the sim freeze some seconds, then the airport cache loaded successfully appears, and continues flying.

Any ideas what happend?

Thank you.
Sergio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: airport cache loaded successfully over and over again
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 12:54:52 am »
The Couatl engine is designed to automatically restart if there's a problem, in this case if Simconnect stops responding for more than a minute, which is completely abnormal, since we should be in constant communication with it, several times at a second.

However, even in that unlikely event, the automatic restart should kick in, so you can continue using the program even after such improbable event.

What is NOT normal, instead, the airport cache gets regenerated each time. This seems to indicate it always fails to complete, because in a normal situation, the airport cache should be regenerate ONLY if you install or remove a scenery, or the *first* time after an FSDT Live Update. Surely not during normal use or even a manual restart.

So you should provide a diagnostic log ( don't post it, but ZIP IT and Attach it to a post ), made after such restarts, which might hopefully indicate something about the failure to regenerate the airport cache, which is usually caused by corrupted scenery files.

trance2000

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 12:26:27 am »
Hello Umberto. here is the zip file tell me if you see something.

I'm no sure if this time restart 2 or 3 times. If not see anything, I try to flight gain and upload another .Log.

Thank You.
Sergio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 02:27:14 am »
I see the error I was suspecting to see:

"TIMEOUT: GSX checkAirplane STALL"

This means, the simulator stopped responding for more than 1 minute and, re-reading your post again, I think this is what is causing it:

"when minimized my P3d V5 and later maximized again"

Apparently, P3D stops the connection when minimized. Have you selected the option "pause on task switch" ? If yes, try turn it off.

trance2000

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 07:47:14 pm »
Hi Umberto And thanks for your answer.

The option "pause on task switch" I don't have select it, so is off.
Any other option that could have the simulator stopped when minimized? Now I update to P3D V5.4 so let's see if this continues happend.

Thank you very much!