Author Topic: GSX/Couatl Error's...Again!  (Read 4837 times)

B777ER

GSX/Couatl Error's...Again!
« on: May 11, 2017, 01:13:21 am »
Seems like all the forums are full of threads about couatl errors. God knows why but all of a sudden couatl is acting up again. No changes to the sim as far as software d/l, setting changes, etc.... I have just been flying with what I have for a while now. Noticed out of the blue, couatl was not in the menu when I started P3D v3.3.5 yesterday. So I installed the latest version of addon manager (d/l and installed with the a/v off). Now it gets almost laughable. So I load up at EGLL and in the PMDG747. Now GSX is showing me a tiny little pushback truck and belt loaders for this plane. And no, I don't have any custom aircraft config's, just the default GSX stuff. Prior to updating the addon manager I was getting the proper ground svc equipment. So I decided to go to the couatl menu and rebuild the airport cache. Guess what happened? It not only did not rebuild, all the couatl and GSX stuff disappeared from the menu....***poof*** gone! I'm beginning to understand why the guy that runs the AirDailyX website refuses to use any fsdt stuff because of couatl. So Umberto, what now?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX/Couatl Error's...Again!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:20:07 am »
Seems like all the forums are full of threads about couatl errors.

On the forum here, the error reports have basically ended, and the only remaining ones, are repeated posts about the same error, which happens because GSX has been disabled, but since people don't search for threads, we have dozen of copies of the same error report. This has already been fixed in our upcoming version, of course, but a temporary solution (re-enable GSX) was explained long ago, and repeated in all threads.

There are sounds reasons outside our control that prevents us to publish an update right now, which will be cleared in the next weeks, and this has also prevented us to release small fixes for such annoying things.

Now it gets almost laughable. So I load up at EGLL and in the PMDG747. Now GSX is showing me a tiny little pushback truck and belt loaders for this plane. And no, I don't have any custom aircraft config's, just the default GSX stuff

The equipment chosen by GSX depends both on the aircraft configuration, but also on the parking size, because some vehicles has parking size constraints too, in order not to show unappropriately big vehicles in small parkings suitable for smaller planes only. However, it has been like this since GSX has been released, nothing has changed in the latest updates.

What might have changed, instead, is the scenery you used, or the AFCAD in use or, perhaps, a PROBLEM with some of your files.

So I decided to go to the couatl menu and rebuild the airport cache. Guess what happened? It not only did not rebuild, all the couatl and GSX stuff disappeared from the menu....***poof*** gone!

That seems to indicate a problem with some of your sceneries. If Couatl crashes while regenerating the cache, it's possible that some of your .BGL has been corrupted. The way to find this, is to enable Logging (if it's not enabled already), then Restart with a Cache rebuild, and exit the sim as soon it disappears.

Then, go to the folder that contains the Couatl.LOG ( usually %APPDATA%\Virtuali ) and see if there's something unusual reported there, like a corrupted file, missing file, a file with 0 size, a permission problem caused by an antivirus that has blocked access to that file, etc.

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 02:06:58 pm »
I enabled error logging. Now of course when I click to rebuild it is working. However with regards to the afcad, I am using UK2000's EGLL. I tried a bunch of gates labeled HEAVY, and still getting nothing but belt loaders for the 747. I go to say FT EHAM, I get the proper equipment. So clearly this is something going on with Gary's UK2000 scenery. I am surprised nobody else has noticed this? I am not using a custom afcad or anything, just the default one that came with the scenery. I guess I have to go there and ask....
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
I tried a bunch of gates labeled HEAVY, and still getting nothing but belt loaders for the 747.

The "heavy" designation it's just a label, what matters is the radius, as defined in the AFCAD, which you can also customize in the GSX parking customization page.

Some vehicles don't appear if the parking radius is less than 18.0 meters.

Also, the same GSX parking customization page will tell you which AFCAD is being read by GSX, so you want to be sure it's the one that comes with the scenery.

B777ER

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 09:13:20 pm »
I tried a bunch of gates labeled HEAVY, and still getting nothing but belt loaders for the 747.

The "heavy" designation it's just a label, what matters is the radius, as defined in the AFCAD, which you can also customize in the GSX parking customization page.

Some vehicles don't appear if the parking radius is less than 18.0 meters.

Also, the same GSX parking customization page will tell you which AFCAD is being read by GSX, so you want to be sure it's the one that comes with the scenery.

The parking radius was set to 70m. I'll have to go back in and see what afcad it is looking at.
Eric

Johnliem

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 07:17:30 pm »
I also have this error

and this the error text

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sat May 27 19:15:42 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 826, in do
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'
{}
Slew mode False

can you tell me what to do to fix this. thanks
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, IntelĀ® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 11:46:01 pm »
I also have this error

No, you don't. Your error is the one which as been discussed so many times on the forum, and it happened because you disabled GSX, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg110033.html#msg110033

Johnliem

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 09:20:34 am »
Yes, Thanks for quick respons, was my fault, I disable it . and it works fine now
Win11 Pro 64 Bit, IntelĀ® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, Nvidia RTX 3090, DDR4 4000 128GB, P3D V5

triflyman

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:37 am »
Started getting the attached "Panic" error message anytime I try to board or de-board.  Fueling & Catering work fine.  Tried at two different airports and two different aircraft...same messages.  Did an uninstall of GSX and SODA and then downloaded the latest GSX and reinstalled.  Same messages.  Upon checking forum I found the reference to the disable so checked that but it was the "disable = 0".  Have also attached the "Panic" report.

Thanks for your help.
Garry

airlinetycoon

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 09:25:52 am »
Hi Umberto,
I updated GSX with the latetest installer, uninstalled SODE 1.4.2 before. GSX Installation without issues, but SODE does not Register (in the simObjects Manager). It tries to remove old files, but this not work. Some sceneries have now no jetways. I uninstalled SODE 1.50 manually and installed 1.4.2 again, the jetways are back and are moving, but couatl quits the Job. Any suggestions how I can solve the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:26:57 pm »
SODE does not Register (in the simObjects Manager). It tries to remove old files, but this not work. Some sceneries have now no jetways.

Something in the SODE install might have not worked, do you see any messages in the SODE log ?

I uninstalled SODE 1.50 manually and installed 1.4.2 again, the jetways are back and are moving, but couatl quits the Job. Any suggestions how I can solve the problem?

There's no way GSX will ever work with the old SODE, since it requires changes specifically made for GSX which has been added in 1.5.0 only. You really should try to fix the installation issue, looking at the Sode log might give some hint.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 10:04:15 pm »
I tried it again. Uninstalled SODE 1.4.2 and cutted the XML-files for the SODE-airports. Then reinstalled GSX + SODE. After installation I pasted the old files back into the SODE-folder. Problem solved.  :)