Author Topic: P3D v3 crashing after installing GSX 2.0!! Help please!  (Read 2731 times)

jgoggi

P3D v3 crashing after installing GSX 2.0!! Help please!
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
Hi, I am in desperate need of help! I had P3D v3 with GSX and SODE 1.4.2. Yesterday I installed P3D v4 but today I still used v3. Then this evening I downloaded and installed GSX 2.0 (and SODE 1.5) and activated GSX in both v3 and v4. Rebooted as per GSX request. Now when I start P3D v3 the initial menu loads normally, but as soon as I load a situation in the Rome area (where I have Aerosoft Rome scenery), P3D crashes as soon as it starts loading the situation. If I start in another area (say Milan), then slew to Rome, as soon as I am close to Fiumicino P3D crashes. I suppose the issue could be related to SODE. Uninstalled GSX and SODE but no help. Reinstalled them but no help. What did I do wrong?
Thanks.

EDIT: I deactivated Rome Fiumicino scenery but the problem remains....

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:45:23 pm by jgoggi »
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D v3 crashing after installing GSX 2.0!! Help please!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:51:48 pm »
Do you have the MK studios Fiumicino scenery perhaps ? If yes, be sure you uninstall each and every version of SODE, because GSX will work with 1.5.0 and if there are two versions installed, crashes are to be expected.

jgoggi

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:10:30 am »
Yes, but I had uninstalled SODE 1.4.2 prior to installing 1.5.
Anyway I have found a strange thing: I have 2 FSDreamteam sceneries and XCity Rome by Cloud9, THAT I HAD DEACTIVATED, pinned on top of the scenery library and they can't be deleted or deactivated! Further, the sceneries have been moved from their initial location inside P3D to the Addon Manager location, that is where I installed GSX, outside P3D. I guess the problem is XCity Rome, but how can I disable it? It is NOT in the Scenery.cfg file!
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 12:14:07 am »
I guess the problem is XCity Rome, but how can I disable it? It is NOT in the Scenery.cfg file!

With the "Add-ons" menu under the "Options" menu.

jgoggi

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 12:26:28 am »
Perfect, thanks, Umberto, now no more crash. I don't know why the GSX installation re-enabled XCity Rome (that I had unticked in the scenery library). Since it was not active, I had removed the related .mdl files in the Simobjects-Misc folder. Now, having been re-activated by the GSX installation, probably the scenery did not find the mdl files and crashed.
Thanks for your help!
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 12:42:50 am »
Perfect, thanks, Umberto, now no more crash. I don't know why the GSX installation re-enabled XCity Rome (that I had unticked in the scenery library). Since it was not active, I had removed the related .mdl files in the Simobjects-Misc folder. Now, having been re-activated by the GSX installation, probably the scenery did not find the mdl files and crashed.

Yes, of course...enabling a scenery that had its .MDL files removed might cause crashes, especially if you removed also the sim.cfg file.

The issue is, it would have been wrong if we didn't migrate a scenery just because it was un-ticked in the Scenery Library. Supposed it was temporarily disabled just for a test, or to save memory, or any other reason.

However, I think it would be safer to preserve the enabled/disabled status in the new Scenery Library, to prevent issues like this.