Author Topic: Registered LAX add-on in P3d returns to demo mode on every startup of P3d v3.2  (Read 3051 times)

bhorv67

I have a fully licensed version of the LAX airport that I have installed in P3d v3.2. Each time I launch P3D, the LAX airport seems to be displaying the scenery in demo mode, meaning only the jetways are displayed. however, the Addon manager indicates the airport has a license installed. The only way I can get the buildings to appear is to reinstall the airport from the installer and also to deactivate Norton Anti-virus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Each time I launch P3D, the LAX airport seems to be displaying the scenery in demo mode, meaning only the jetways are displayed.

That's NOT "Demo mode" (how we could possibly "demo" the airport with no buildings ??? ). That means the scenery is NOT running! Since you said you have the Addon Manager, I guess the faulty antivirus has blocked Couatl.exe by mistake, which is also needed for the scenery to be working.

The only way I can get the buildings to appear is to reinstall the airport from the installer and also to deactivate Norton Anti-virus.

Norton is clearly defective, and Symantec even confirmed they have white-listed the current version of Couatl.exe in the last email we got after we reported a False positive for what is probably the 10th time. They always reply like this, and I really don't know what else we can do, other than suggesting users to switch to a reliable antivirus.

As explained, many times already on the forum, when your antivirus is bugged, you must:

- Download and install with the antivirus turned entirely OFF

- Before running the antivirus, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe
FSX\bglmanx.dll

bhorv67

Thanks for the speedy reply.

When I meant demo mode, I was describing what the airport looks like before this add-in has been licensed, and the 5 minute preview runs out. All the buildings disappear, and just the runways and jetways remain. This is what is happening.

Norton has been causing other issues on my system unrelated to this. Yes, it does not work as intended.

I'll try your suggestions and report back. Thanks.