Author Topic: KLAX/P3d update Problem  (Read 3483 times)

pgde

KLAX/P3d update Problem
« on: April 13, 2016, 12:40:12 am »
Hi Virtuali!

After the recent P3D upgrade to 3.2.3, I am having major problems with KLAX (v2) and KLAS. It appears that the Hawaiian airports (all of FSDT’s) are okay.  These two are the only airports exhibiting this behavior -- KLAX is much worse than KLAS. All of Flightbeam’s airports (KDEN, KIAD, KPHX) all work fine as do default and ORBX airports.

The problem is a major drop in frames which is 100% reproducible (from about 20 to 0.8). I have recorded a P3D video (Frames Drop at KLAX) so you can see what happens. While I recorded it in “Slew” mode, it happens in normal mode also.

Here is what I have done to troubleshoot (none of which solved the problem):

1.   Uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D client and content upgrade packages;
2.   Uninstalled and reinstalled KLAX and KLAS (redownloaded them a few days ago)
3.   Turned off all AI traffic (Traffic=0%, am using My Traffic 6.x);
4.   Turned off all mesh (MegasceneryEarth) in scenery.cfg
5.   Turned off all ORBX stuff (I do not have ORBX SOCAL)
6.   Made sure all settings were as shown in the KLAX manual
7.   Tried a number of different aircraft, all of which had the same problem
8.   Ran with and without Active Sky Next (no difference in frame rates)
9.   Uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled your Addon Manager
10.   Deleted and let P3D rebuild Prepar3d.cfg
11.   Deleted the “Shaders” folder and let it rebuild

What is interesting is that I did not have this problem until the recent 3.2.3 upgrade.  The only other change in underlying configuration is updating my AMD Radeon R9/270 video drivers. Unfortunately, I can’t downgrade (can’t find the older drivers) to see if they are related to this issue.

Also, unlike previous problems, there are no error messages in either Windows logs or no .ERR file indicating there are problems.

Any ideas where to go to troubleshoot now? If you need to see any .cfg files, please let me know and I would be happy to forward them!
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX/P3d update Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:20:30 am »
It's no use posting a video recorder, because it's not compatible with our products, so the scenery is totally empty, which is not much of a test.

Please describe the problem more clearly, like:

- go to these xxxx,yyyy Lat/Lon coordinates, heading zzzzz

- head into this direction...

something like that.

pgde

Re: KLAX/P3d update Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »
Sorry, I thought that since that file was created by P3D (under Analysis|Start Recording) you would be able to open it in P3D. Anyway, the slowdown occurs on taxiway B (Bravo) going easterly (more on this later) parallel to RW 25R at the intersection of Bravo and Charlie4 (C4).

The GPS coordinates are about N33 Degrees 56.38 Minutes and W118 Degrees 23.53 Minutes, elevation 134.2.

The framerates remain very low until one crosses this location going westbound (for instance departing on 25R. Then the framerates increase to normal again.

Hope this helps.

P.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.